The Vikings are Fake

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jared Goff just shredded that Vikings defense.

Rams are contenders for sure

Yes they are. But Josh Allen put 27 on them last week. It’s a new year and there’s a lot of season left, but it’s possible that the Vikings’ defense is seeing a regression.

Tonight gave a lot of credence to how often the Packers use dime. Vikings LB’s got absolutely murdered in coverage.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams are scary. I just laughed my *** off reading a comment from some writer. He said that when we play the Rams"they're going to bend us over".

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Rams play like that every game, their offense will be scary. Protection was great all night, every pass was perfect it seemed. Defenders were hanging on the receiver and they'd catch it anyway for TD's. A lot of really big plays where everything was perfect. Protection, pass, catch. Tough to stop it when they're playing like that. But, it's a long season. Lots can happen and they aren't the first explosive offense to come along. people beat the packers, they beat the St. Louis Rams, they beat the patriots with Moss, etc. They should be in the mix at the end though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams pass defense will improve once Peters is at 100% and Talib returns from injured reserve.

Very true. It was the only hole I saw last night.

The Vikings on the other hand are starting to look like a team that could miss the playoffs. If the lose next week to the Eagles they will drop to 1-3-1. They would likely have to close 8-3 to have a shot at the playoffs. That game is huge for them. Looking at the games they don't have a terribly hard close but Saints, Patriots, Dolphins, Packers, Bears twice will be tough enough.

Right now they can't run the ball and they can't stop teams through the air. And Cousins being lights out has still lead to a loss and a tie (which should have been another loss). They have the talent on defense but watching them last week and last night their scheme needs some changes. They try to have linebackers cover wrs too much and other teams are exposing that. I don't think their corners outside of Rhodes are very good (and Rhodes hasn't been his dominant self either). Zimmer will have adjust. He is a great defensive mind so it will be interesting

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings on the other hand are starting to look like a team that could miss the playoffs. If the lose next week to the Eagles they will drop to 1-3-1. They would likely have to close 8-3 to have a shot at the playoffs. That game is huge for them. Looking at the games they don't have a terribly hard close but Saints, Patriots, Dolphins, Packers, Bears twice will be tough enough.

Unfortunately I still expect the Vikings to make the playoffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true. It was the only hole I saw last night.

Right now they can't run the ball and they can't stop teams through the air. And Cousins being lights out has still lead to a loss and a tie (which should have been another loss). They have the talent on defense but watching them last week and lastlast n their scheme needs some changes. They try to have linebacks cover wrs too much and other teams are exposing that. I don't think their corners outside of Rhodes are very good (and Rhodes hasn't been his dominant self either). Zimmer will have adjust. He is a great defensive mind so it will be interesting
yeah, their defense wasn't that stout last night. very spotty pass rush, i recognize that because it's what we see every week. and I have to believe there were breakdowns in that defense. How do you have a DB on a WR and let him run entirely across a formation and immediately pass him to a Linebacker, and have a couple DB's sitting doing nothing on the other side of the field? Or maybe that's how this defense looks when it can't pressure a QB. before, they wouldn't have time for a WR to make it across the field and then down it for a big play because MN's defense would be on top of the QB? One cog of the wheel fails and everything else looks much worse. It's also something I'm familiar with. But the DB's were having cramping issues, falling down etc. And the Rams kept pressure on the defense all night long. Big play after big play it seemed for a while.

CousinsGuy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm giving the defense another game to figure it out. Rhodes and Waynes are both hurt so that didn't help. They really should look at playing Barr at defensive end and Iloka at linebacker.

Running game needs serious work, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that they at least finally have a legit QB (and the best wr duo in the league).

Rams are legit and probably the best team in the league. I expected this loss, which is why that Buffalo game sucks so much.

Also glad that I didn't so too many people blaming the loss on the 7 points the refs gifted the Rams.... Unlike another certain fanbase in week 2....

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch how the Rams Head Coach McVay schemes people open and gets favorable matchups. Brilliant.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm giving the defense another game to figure it out. Rhodes and Waynes are both hurt so that didn't help. They really should look at playing Barr at defensive end and Iloka at linebacker.

Running game needs serious work, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that they at least finally have a legit QB (and the best wr duo in the league).

Rams are legit and probably the best team in the league. I expected this loss, which is why that Buffalo game sucks so much.

Also glad that I didn't so too many people blaming the loss on the 7 points the refs gifted the Rams.... Unlike another certain fanbase in week 2....

You’re referring to the Packers having a win sealing play taken away from them by the officials? That play? Say what you want, you lost to the Packers and a flag bailed you out.

D

Deleted member 6794

What's the point of posting something stupid like that on a Packers forum two weeks after the Packers played the Vikings??? I guess you won't last long around here.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What's the point of posting something stupid like that on a Packers forum two weeks after the Packers played the Vikings??? I guess you won't last long around here.

Go easy, Cap. The poor guy knows in his heart that his team has lost three straight. He’s lashing out. The media assured him all offseason that their darlings were going to dominate. It’s disappointing to learn that you’re not all that amazing. :sneaky:

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I still expect the Vikings to make the playoffs.

If they win next week definitely. If they dont they really dont leave themselves much margin for error. 8-3 over their last 11 with what we have seen from them so far seems like it would be a stretch. But you are probably right that the defense can figure it out. It is just crazy to me how bad they have been over a 6 game stretch. Honestly giving up 29 to the Packers was probably their second best game considering the packers got points off a blocked punt.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Waynes and Rhodes were both healthy enough in the first half when the Vikings were getting completely worked over. Both played last week and the Bills worked them over.

When did Rams get gifted 7?

D

Deleted member 6794

If they win next week definitely. If they dont they really dont leave themselves much margin for error. 8-3 over their last 11 with what we have seen from them so far seems like it would be a stretch.ä.

I'm not convinced a 9-6-1 record would be good enough to make the playoffs.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced a 9-6-1 record would be good enough to make the playoffs.

Me either really. That is what I think they need to have a chance. I think there is a chance that could win the division. It wont get the wild card in my mind.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly I cannot 2nd guess a Ram's O that was basically unstoppable. But what confused me a little was that they consistently ran the ball on 1st down and gained 8 yards. And then would immediately go to the pass. It looked like they could have run all night but did not bother to do it. Where did that O line come from? Man they looked good! The Vikings hung in there but it was like the guy with his finger plugging a hole and holding up the dam. Thielen and Diggs and Cousins all were very good.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These pathetic losers had the good fortune to draw the Packers while Rodgers is playing on one leg. A hobbled Rodgers & Co. still beat them (for clarity-- you lost to an immobile Rodgers) and their dumb luck continues from week one.

Our rookie corner ran the route for your stud WR and your shiny new QB threw up a horrible pass and the game was over. I just want to assure you that the refs won't always be there to bail you out when you lose.

Enjoy your bye this week. The Packers are going to bury this little media darling. Just be ready.
Be it known you were the first to recognize this. We are used to the Vikes collapsing, of course, but never this soon.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the Packers will end up with a better record than that.

I hope so as well but as of now I struggle to see the Vikings, Bears, or Lions getting 10 wins so 9-6-1 might be enough. Those three all still play each other twice so there will some losses there for sure. If the Vikings right the ship before the Eagles maybe they win that game and go on a run but they honestly havent looked good in any of their 4 games. If you dont take last year into account there is nothing about the Vikings right now that screams playoff team. No run game, leaky defense

D

Deleted member 6794

If you dont take last year into account there is nothing about the Vikings right now that screams playoff team. No run game, leaky defense

While that's true the Vikings proved last season that they have a lot of talent on the roster. I would be in favor of them continuing to struggle for the rest of the year though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch how the Rams Head Coach McVay schemes people open and gets favorable matchups. Brilliant.
That was more of a function of how the Vikings chose to play defense than anything and a brilliant example of how the execution or breakdown of a certain person or group makes the entire team look better or worse. Against most teams, and especially a team like GB with a shaky Oline and a 1 legged QB, you can play defense like that. Your linebackers never have to cover long and your Dline is on them. There is no way GB would have kept Rodgers in a pocket long enough for a receiver to drag all the way across the field then turn and go down it to hit a big play. But against the Rams, the Vikings couldn't play to the strength of their defense and then they chose to leave their linebackers on the field a lot rather than go to Dime.

But then the Rams could have killed them with the run. Lots of weapons, and great execution make that offense go. It's pretty cool to watch.

I saw nothing "innovative" or "new" from the Rams. They pretty much just lined up and played. The difference was, the QB was clean for as long as he wanted to be on 95% of their plays. They ran the ball very, very well on 1st down. 5,7,9 yards was not uncommon. and they didn't miss any plays. Every ball was caught. Nothing was fumbled away. Pretty much every play that was there to make, they made. How do you think they would have looked dropping or fumbling away 3 first down catches that resulted in TO's?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that's true the Vikings proved last season that they have a lot of talent on the roster. I would be in favor of them continuing to struggle for the rest of the year though.

They do have a lot of talent although I do think they lack in some very important spots. Their oline is really no better than average at any position and worse at a few. Their secondary is overrated. Outside of Rhodes their corners arent much. Waynes is an average cb maybe slightly above. Alexander isnt good. Hughes still has a lot of growing to do. Their linebackers can fly but it seems like rbs and tes are open a lot against them. Also the pass rush has been interesting - they are putting up sacks but then there are times where the opposing qbs seem to have all day like much of last night.

They should be better than what they are. They maybe will be. But if that defense cant right the ship there is no way they make the playoffs. They played about as well as the could on offense last night and couldnt pull it off

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Be it known you were the first to recognize this. We are used to the Vikes collapsing, of course, but never this soon.

Thank you, but be it known that was mostly frustrated venting post-tie.

Realistically, I always believed their OL would be a big problem, and I've always thought that Dalvin Cook is overrated. But beyond that, I never expected that their defense would be as vulnerable in spots as it's been. That's the surprising thing.

But there's still time for that to course correct. 7 of Green Bay's points came off of a ST play, Buffalo had a ton of short fields, and the Rams are kind of a buzz saw at the moment. So we will see. September is usually a month of flux for NFL teams. October and November is generally when they show you who they are.