Reasons For Packer Nation To Smile

Reaction score
-3 Celsius (which is almost 27 Fahrenheit) sounds pretty good right about now. We're currently at -22 F (or -30 C), without the considerable wind chill......I'm guessing that's not t-shirt weather even for a hearty Scotsman.....:p
That’s crazy! I’ll forget the year I moved away my hometown LaCrosse making CNN news recording a wind chill of -70. They had a guy on the news take a kettle of boiling water and threw it out into the back yard.. it froze on impact! True story

I moved to VA in my 20’s then TX in my 40’s. I don’t miss the walking backwards down the sidewalk to keep my face from freezing! Or the burying myself in a rural valley snowdrift off double OO while deer hunting.
I do oddly miss skeeching in the snow for blocks while hanging off the back old city busses after school tho! Now I just have to dodge a tornado or two in the summer. No biggie ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan we have 6 months of winter, 3 months of mosquitoes and 3 months of tough sledding.
That’s funny. I remember a few summer stints I did in Eden Praire MN. They would joke that the mosquito was the state bird! Lol. Didn’t make sense to me that the cold wouldn’t eliminate those bastards (I’m talking about the mosquitos not the Minnesotans) :whistling:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People say they hate the cold, but I look at it as six months of no bugs. I can walk in the woods where it was too thick to walk during the summer. You can track animals easily. One can hear every sound with great clarity.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s crazy! I’ll forget the year I moved away my hometown LaCrosse making CNN news recording a wind chill of -70. They had a guy on the news take a kettle of boiling water and threw it out into the back yard.. it froze on impact! True story

I moved to VA in my 20’s then TX in my 40’s. I don’t miss the walking backwards down the sidewalk to keep my face from freezing! Or the burying myself in a rural valley snowdrift off double OO while deer hunting.
I do oddly miss skeeching in the snow for blocks while hanging off the back old city busses after school tho! Now I just have to dodge a tornado or two in the summer. No biggie ;)

Fun but I thought it was Skitching? Never did it behind a bus though. Too much diesel exhaust, Oh, and we didn't have city buses in Chippewa Falls.

That’s funny. I remember a few summer stints I did in Eden Praire MN. They would joke that the mosquito was the state bird! Lol. Didn’t make sense to me that the cold wouldn’t eliminate those bastards (I’m talking about the mosquitos not the Minnesotans) :whistling:

It is hard to decide which ones are worse.

People say they hate the cold, but I look at it as six months of no bugs. I can walk in the woods where it was too thick to walk during the summer. You can track animals easily. One can hear every sound with great clarity.

I don't mind cold but

-3 Celsius (which is almost 27 Fahrenheit) sounds pretty good right about now. We're currently at -22 F (or -30 C), without the considerable wind chill......I'm guessing that's not t-shirt weather even for a hearty Scotsman.....:p

The hell with a T shirt with those temps I'm worried about what's happening under my damn kilt.

Members online

Latest posts