The Vikings are Fake

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i get it is only a quarter of the season but the Rams were also very good last year and improved at numerous positions this off season. Their secondary is a work in progress but Peters played injured and Talib didnt play. Minnesota isnt putting up near those numbers if those guys are healthy. They also are missing their all-pro kicker. That is a really good football team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Cousins shredded the Rams defense. Way too early to write the queens off, or to under estimate them. The question is who can beat the Rams? I can’t think of any team, for now. But it’s a looooong season and they have peaked early. Always better to peak in November and December.

I'll take it to the bank that they won't get 13 wins this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i get it is only a quarter of the season but the Rams were also very good last year and improved at numerous positions this off season. Their secondary is a work in progress but Peters played injured and Talib didnt play. Minnesota isnt putting up near those numbers if those guys are healthy. They also are missing their all-pro kicker. That is a really good football team.
They are. They should be. Look at that roster

But there have been lots of good teams, this one included that at one point looked absolutely unstoppable, until they were. It's a long season, if Talib being out results in that many points being put on them, what happens when they lose a linebacker or 2 a Dlineman and 2 corners? I know we're expected to not miss a beat by it, but what happens to the Rams? Everyone is flying high on the Rams, but I think they're a bit out of controls with it for 2 reasons. #1, they played perfectly on a night when the entire league was watching. In pretty much all phases on offense. Pass blocking was superb, the passes were all completely on target. It was impressive to watch, and every ball was caught. Not many drive killing things happened and they didn't leave any plays on the field. I would be lying if I didn't say I was very impressed.

and #2, they did it against a team that is still largely considered a defensive team. But how many points per game are the Vikings giving up in the past handful of game? They've been anything but stingy their past 5-6 games. putting up a bunch of points on them seems to becoming the norm. They still have players, don't get me wrong, but they really don't match up well with the Rams either. Not in that game, and when they're front couldn't get pressure, the backhalf was exposed for what I thought they were. Rhodes can jam up and by physical with anyone, but put a small shifty guy out there for him to cover and give the QB some time to throw and he can not hang with them. It's not his game. Anyway, if the Rams scored 38 against say, Tampa Bay and their nothing defense, it wouldn't seem as impressive, but they did it against the under performing Vikings defense and everyone thinks they just destroyed a dragon but that dragon has not existed for a while.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are. They should be. Look at that roster

But there have been lots of good teams, this one included that at one point looked absolutely unstoppable, until they were. It's a long season, if Talib being out results in that many points being put on them, what happens when they lose a linebacker or 2 a Dlineman and 2 corners? I know we're expected to not miss a beat by it, but what happens to the Rams? Everyone is flying high on the Rams, but I think they're a bit out of controls with it for 2 reasons. #1, they played perfectly on a night when the entire league was watching. In pretty much all phases on offense. Pass blocking was superb, the passes were all completely on target. It was impressive to watch, and every ball was caught. Not many drive killing things happened and they didn't leave any plays on the field. I would be lying if I didn't say I was very impressed.

and #2, they did it against a team that is still largely considered a defensive team. But how many points per game are the Vikings giving up in the past handful of game? They've been anything but stingy their past 5-6 games. putting up a bunch of points on them seems to becoming the norm. They still have players, don't get me wrong, but they really don't match up well with the Rams either. Not in that game, and when they're front couldn't get pressure, the backhalf was exposed for what I thought they were. Rhodes can jam up and by physical with anyone, but put a small shifty guy out there for him to cover and give the QB some time to throw and he can not hang with them. It's not his game. Anyway, if the Rams scored 38 against say, Tampa Bay and their nothing defense, it wouldn't seem as impressive, but they did it against the under performing Vikings defense and everyone thinks they just destroyed a dragon but that dragon has not existed for a while.

I do agree with this, but our offense needs to put together a complete game to do it. I think we have the capability to do it, but our individual players have to stop killing drives like they have.

Oh yes let me repeat that for two certain lunatic posters out there, "individual players have to stop killing drives like they have."

Well, nevermind, I guess it's not possible for individual players to make mistakes like holding penalties, dropping wide open balls like Allison did or getting a little careless throwing the football because only Mike McCarthy's schemes can cause that even if they scheme Montgomery busting loose down the sideline.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Bills yesterday.....I can't understand how they beat the Vikings !

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we need to start a "The Bears are fake" thread. It actually feels like they are the bigger threat to the division after 4 games. They do not have a tough schedule. It is just hard to get a read on them. Their wins are not against super impressive teams - Cards, Seahawks, and Bucs.

The Vikings are the better team but to get to 10 wins the Bears only needs to go 7-5 down the stretch. The Vikings need to go 9-3 with the Patriots, Dolphins, Eagles, Bears twice, Packers and Saints on the schedule. That loss to Buffalo really set them back. This Eagles game is about as close to a must win as you can get early in the season. Lose that and you need to close 9-2 in all likelihood.

Obviously Green Bay needs to take care of business. They have two very winnable games going into the bye week. Go in sitting at 4-1-1 and then you are in good shape.

H

HardRightEdge

After watching the Bills yesterday.....I can't understand how they beat the Vikings !
One factor: Buffalo had 0 turnovers, Minnesota had 3.

First 5 possessions of the game:

1. Buffalo: TD on a drive where the longest play was a helmet hit penalty on Joseph on what would have been a 3rd. down sack.
2. Minnesota: Cousins fumbled at his own 14 yard line
3. Buffalo: field goal
4. Minnesota: Counsins fumbleed at his own 27 yard line
5. Buffalo: TD

Buffalo was up 17 - 0 in the first quarter on 3 critical Minnesota mistakes. When mistakes snowball early, momentum is surrendered, a team gets out of its comfort zone, it alters the game plan, and a hole is dug that is hard is to get out of, not unlike the Packers against the Bears. Cousins is not Rodgers.

Unexpected bad play happens a lot in early NFL games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Do we need to start a "The Bears are fake" thread. It actually feels like they are the bigger threat to the division after 4 games. They do not have a tough schedule. It is just hard to get a read on them. Their wins are not against super impressive teams - Cards, Seahawks, and Bucs.

The Vikings are the better team but to get to 10 wins the Bears only needs to go 7-5 down the stretch. The Vikings need to go 9-3 with the Patriots, Dolphins, Eagles, Bears twice, Packers and Saints on the schedule. That loss to Buffalo really set them back. This Eagles game is about as close to a must win as you can get early in the season. Lose that and you need to close 9-2 in all likelihood.

Obviously Green Bay needs to take care of business. They have two very winnable games going into the bye week. Go in sitting at 4-1-1 and then you are in good shape.
The Packers really need to take advantage of its next two opponents and get to the 4-1-1 record that you allude to.

After the bye, we catch the Rams in LA and the Patriots in Foxboro. We might win one or both, but it's also very much likely that we lose both.

You're right about Vikings losing to the Bills. That one is going to hurt.