The Vikings are Fake

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFaninCarolina has hacked Dantes account.
I wanted to hit agree... but had to follow the masses... it was just a too funny.... or else i’ve just had too many spotted cows... or both ?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Really like how the Vikings are blaming the kicker for the lost by releasing him. Classy organization
Perhaps the organization is giving up too quickly on him, but he missed three field goals and looked petrified after the last one. I think he even said that his confidence was shot after the first two misses.

I have no problem with the Vikings cutting him and picking up an all time great kicker in Dan Bailey.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After watching the game last night, it amazes me how many opportunities the Packers had in the 2nd half.

The Graham TD that was called back due to the phantom holding call on Lane, Graham failing to haul in the TD pass across the middle on the free play, the Adams dropped TD pass. Either of which probably results in a Packers victory.

Rodgers dropping the ball in overtime killed a potential game winning drive.

After watching the game, we CLEARLY outplayed the Vikings. I'm more encouraged than discouraged for sure.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the game last night, it amazes me how many opportunities the Packers had in the 2nd half.

The Graham TD that was called back due to the phantom holding call on Lane, Graham failing to haul in the TD pass across the middle on the free play, the Adams dropped TD pass. Either of which probably results in a Packers victory.

Rodgers dropping the ball in overtime killed a potential game winning drive.

After watching the game, we CLEARLY outplayed the Vikings. I'm more encouraged than discouraged for sure.
I still don't know how to feel. I did think we played well overall. I felt we won almost every one of those plays on Sunday, until the end. I think it will come together, but then in the back of my mind, NOT finishing in big games has become a trend. I know everyone wants to point to the matthews hit that negated the INT, myself included, but there were so many other times we could have and should have won that game, and if I can add any more commas and keep this sentence going i'm going to because it's what I feel I need to do at this point to keep me from facing the reality that we won the game, and were lucky not to lose and I should feel fortunate that we tied, but I don't.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers clearly wasn't at 100%. Sure he scrambled for yards here and there, but his touch was off on quite a few throws that he would normally make. He also rarely compounds problems, but that overtime drive when he fumbled to himself on 2 and 1 doing a bootleg, and then took a bad sack to take us out of game-winning FG range was egregious for a guy with his knowledge and abilities. I'm not hanging the game on Rodgers as there is enough blame to go around, but he deserves some of the load - injured or not.

I'm laughing at the comment that the Vikings losing the NFCCG exposed them as fakes. What does that say about our team losing in the playoffs every year since 2010? Packers = fakes I guess....

The Vikings have a very good defense. If you don't believe that then you probably also think that the world is flat - and yes many of you are unbelievably out there. The game broadcasters play up the stats to make every game seem like a battle of elite teams, but the reality is that with Rodgers you had a good offense vs a very good defense. That's it. Check the other threads on this forum and tell me if you think any level of our defense is better than theirs? Everyone is complaining about our safeties, our CB depth, and our OLBs. For as good as our interior DL is, they still aren't generating enough pressure on the QB - just good at stopping the run. Martinez is the only player possibly outplaying the Vikings position-for-position.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have no problem with the Vikings cutting him and picking up an all time great kicker in Dan Bailey.

Actually I would have liked the Vikings to hold on to Carlson as I don't expect Bailey to miss that many field goals in a game going forward.

Rodgers clearly wasn't at 100%. Sure he scrambled for yards here and there, but his touch was off on quite a few throws that he would normally make. He also rarely compounds problems, but that overtime drive when he fumbled to himself on 2 and 1 doing a bootleg, and then took a bad sack to take us out of game-winning FG range was egregious for a guy with his knowledge and abilities.

Everyone is complaining about our safeties, our CB depth, and our OLBs.

Just to be clear, if Rodgers throws the ball away instead of taking a sack in overtime we're looking at a 58-yard field goal attempt. That's definitely not a gimme, especially after Crosby missed a potential game winner from 52 at the end of regulation.

I haven't heard anyone complain about the team's depth at cornerback.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone complain about the team's depth at cornerback.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to see House on the field again. How's that?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disgusted with how this game turned out, but this team has a lot of upside. A lot of new,young players, new coaches and system. This team- barring injury- is going to be a lot better in week 12 then it is now.

CousinsGuy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have many thoughts on the game and reaction from both sides.

The flag on Clay was awful and if that flag isn't thrown the Packers likely win. But it isn't the reason the Packers lost. There were so many awful calls going against the Vikings as well (roughing the passer call on Kendricks, encroachment on Richardson when it was false start on the Packers, Allison not called down when Waynes touched him and his knee was down, Anthony Barr held on the Adams reception with the Sendejo flag in the 3rd quarter, and more). I get it was in the most crucial moment, but if we're living in a fantasy world where those plays are called "correctly", if those plays were called correctly the Matthews play doesn't happen at all and the game is completely changed.

Also, the Packers had the good fortune of 3 missed field goals, a blocked punt for a td, and 70 minutes to win the game. I'm not going to feel sorry for them.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is asking you to and while I get GB had 14 other ways to win the game, the Clay call absolutely cost them that game. not a single other variable anywhere along the line had to change. It ended the game with back to back INT's by Cousins', except the refs decided to step in and say it didn't. Other than the Kendricks call and the Allison knee which they could have challenged, the Vikes benefitted tremendously that game.

Since we're going to go add all of them in, how about the 2nd Harrison blow to the head on Adams after a great play by Kendricks? Think that non call didn't have an impact.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have many thoughts on the game and reaction from both sides.

The flag on Clay was awful and if that flag isn't thrown the Packers likely win. But it isn't the reason the Packers lost. There were so many awful calls going against the Vikings as well (roughing the passer call on Kendricks, encroachment on Richardson when it was false start on the Packers, Allison not called down when Waynes touched him and his knee was down, Anthony Barr held on the Adams reception with the Sendejo flag in the 3rd quarter, and more). I get it was in the most crucial moment, but if we're living in a fantasy world where those plays are called "correctly", if those plays were called correctly the Matthews play doesn't happen at all and the game is completely changed.

Also, the Packers had the good fortune of 3 missed field goals, a blocked punt for a td, and 70 minutes to win the game. I'm not going to feel sorry for them.

Corrente & co were a disaster. But if we want to talk about good fortune, the Vikings managed to catch the Packers with a gimpy Rodgers. That was probably the single biggest advantage in either team’s favor.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much cap space do the Vikings have it seems unlimited.
I seen most of the game on game pass but in the uk it kept freezing up so i did not see the Adams TD what got ruled off.

D

Deleted member 6794

Heh, "decent" as a "5th CB". Seems like a nice way of saying "JAG" or "Fringe player".

Let me put it in a different way, the Packers could definitely do worse than having House as their fifth cornerback.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How did you feel when we released Ross for two fumbles ? They're no different to us.

Or any NFL team for that matter. You can’t keep a guy when he misses three in a game, especially when there are perfectly capable options sitting on their couches.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that you can dismiss their defense. Heck, Favre shredded the Ravens defense in 2001 when they were still good. Zimmer will have them playing better as the season progresses. Don't forget that they have a new offensive scheme and QB. We will get better and so will they.
Considering that all five JS writers picked the Queens, with Silverstein, as usual, leading the way, I thought the Packers played very well. Rodgers was on one leg, King missed a lot of time, and we didn’t have Jones in the backfield. I’m over the bad call on CMIII. Bad calls happen and even out over the course of a season. Don’t get me wrong, they deserved to win, but it would have been MUCH more painful if the queens rookie kicker doesn’t shank that chip-shot field goal in OT. The Vikes, much as I hate to admit it, have a very good team. Rodgers will heal, King and Jones will return, and I’m more optimistic than I was before the season began. Good enough to win a SB? Maybe not this year, but I expect a deep run and expect they will be much improved next year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really like how the Vikings are blaming the kicker for the lost by releasing him. Classy organization
They had to release him. Three missed kicks on a perfect day, including a FG from XP distance. Look on the bright side, this is a big ST’s weakness for the Queens. Whoever they end up with will have been deemed not worthy by the other 31 teams. I can live with that.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't know how to feel. I did think we played well overall. I felt we won almost every one of those plays on Sunday, until the end. I think it will come together, but then in the back of my mind, NOT finishing in big games has become a trend. I know everyone wants to point to the matthews hit that negated the INT, myself included, but there were so many other times we could have and should have won that game, and if I can add any more commas and keep this sentence going i'm going to because it's what I feel I need to do at this point to keep me from facing the reality that we won the game, and were lucky not to lose and I should feel fortunate that we tied, but I don't.
Pretty good summary of how we all feel about that game.

Members online

Latest posts