The Vikings are Fake

Reaction score
s
I still don't know how to feel. I did think we played well overall. I felt we won almost every one of those plays on Sunday, until the end. I think it will come together, but then in the back of my mind, NOT finishing in big games has become a trend. I know everyone wants to point to the matthews hit that negated the INT, myself included, but there were so many other times we could have and should have won that game, and if I can add any more commas and keep this sentence going i'm going to because it's what I feel I need to do at this point to keep me from facing the reality that we won the game, and were lucky not to lose and I should feel fortunate that we tied, but I don't.
It is true we have trended that way. I will say though that I respect Cousins being able to come to Lambeau with his new team and make this a game go down to the wire. While the ref's did give him some help, we still have to be aware and respect him and that he made enough plays to put his team into position to win. Enough that a couple of bad calls cost US a Win.

BTW I didn't watch the game live. I happen to watch it at 7:30pm that night, but accidentally looked at my phone when NFL.com messaged me the score, I only saw "FINAL OT..GB29........"
and then immediately I looked away in an effort not to give away the final score. As you can imagine, in the 3rd quarter I was feeling pretty good knowing they had just 10 points an we weren't done scoring yet. Doing the math towards the end of the 4th quarter it appeared we had lost because I only knew that we scored 29. When we went into O.T. tied at 29 I felt sick.. I was certain we lost due to knowing just GB's score. So, while I can appreciate another fan being upset we didn't win? it goes to show you it's all relative, for me that Tie was a God send

D

Deleted member 6794

Look on the bright side, this is a big ST’s weakness for the Queens. Whoever they end up with will have been deemed not worthy by the other 31 teams. I can live with that.

I wouldn't count on that as the Vikings ended up signing Dan Bailey (88.2%), who is ranked sixth among all qualifying kickers in field goal percentage since 2011.

As a side note, Crosby (81.9%) ranks 26th out of the 31 kickers in the list.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Crosby had a couple of horrendous seasons. Again shows how if you don't use stats properly...they use you. Yeah Yeah there only facts. But when you use them like that it totally limits a person's understanding of the true situation.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on that as the Vikings ended up signing Dan Bailey (88.2%), who is ranked sixth among all qualifying kickers in field goal percentage since 2011.

As a side note, Crosby (81.9%) ranks 26th out of the 31 kickers in the list.

Could be true or Bailey could be the guy who is trending down with fg percentages of 84 and then 75 the last two seasons. Last year he wasn't very good. I think injuries may have been a factor but he also.missed 2 extra points to go wtih that 75 percent fg

D

Deleted member 6794

Well Crosby had a couple of horrendous seasons. Again shows how if you don't use stats properly...they use you. Yeah Yeah there only facts. But when you use them like that it totally limits a person's understanding of the true situation.

Well, Crosby's terrible season in 2012 is the reason he's close to the bottom of the list but he has never been anything better than an average kicker. Only Thompson paying him elite money wants us to believe he's one of the best in the business.

D

Deleted member 6794

Could be true or Bailey could be the guy who is trending down with fg percentages of 84 and then 75 the last two seasons. Last year he wasn't very good. I think injuries may have been a factor but he also.missed 2 extra points to go wtih that 75 percent fg

You're right that Bailey struggled last season. I wouldn't mind him continuing to do so in Minnesota.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is pretty damn accurate and we have him because he is capable of hitting the long one. Something else that stats don't cover. Maybe his % isn't good beyond 55 but he can do it.
I should have quoted you Wimm but sometimes I just forget.

D

Deleted member 6794

He is pretty damn accurate and we have him because he is capable of hitting the long one. Something else that stats don't cover. Maybe his % isn't good beyond 55 but he can do it.

With kickers field goal percentage is the only way to measure performance. Based on those numbers Crosby is average at best.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to stay on target, and since the Packer game is painful to follow, there's Bills-Vikes.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok is it safe to say the Vikings are not an elite team now? What happened to the Packers was bad. What happened to the Vikings was beyond embarrassing. They pretty much got shutout by a Bills team that had given up 77 points in two games. And this happened at home! Does it make today's game for the Packers better? Not really. But I wont have to deal with smug Viking fans for a week so that is nice

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole freaking league is fake.
and now the officials have even more control. We see it every week how close these games are and how teams can literally be undefeated or have no wins thru the first almost month o the season based on 1-2 plays and how they are officiated or aren't. soon they will just have the gamblers left, like Boxing

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and now the officials have even more control. We see it every week how close these games are and how teams can literally be undefeated or have no wins thru the first almost month o the season based on 1-2 plays and how they are officiated or aren't. soon they will just have the gamblers left, like Boxing[/QUOTE

I think it might take something drastic to effect change. Like the blown Jerry Rice fumble call against us, it may take something this drastic. A team is getting robbed blind with bad calls. The coach pulls his team off the field and tells the refs and league to go eff themselves. Cause a crisis.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Pack will be OK. The Vikes too...will be OK after they get murdered on Thursday night against the Rams.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings offense looks for real tonight but it is time to talk about their defense no longer being elite or maybe even very good

They have given up something like 155 points over there last 20 quarters. That is 5 games. 31 points a game.

Edit - they gave up another td after that to go to 162 over 20 quarters.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a pretty wild game going on out there. It's still hard for me to get a good handle yet on how things are this season in the league. Too many up and down so far.

Members online