The "OFFICIAL" Brett's Not too old Thread !!!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Full Stats to come post game, but who Loves this guy Like I do !!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Full Stats to come post game, but who Loves this guy Like I do !!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would have signed this before the 1st game of preseason. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I start an official "Randy Who?" thread?!

Jones, Wynn, Driver, Jackson, Bubba, Lee, and GOOD EXECUTION...whoooooooooooooo

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HA! Great thread.

Every non GB fan tells me how they think Brett need to hang it up. I'm always like, "What the f*** do mean? Are you looking to get your @$$ beat???"

He has one weapon on offense and a swiss cheese line? He still a top 10 QB, no doubt in my mind. Now, finally the players around him seem to be stepping up. This lets everyone see that Brett still has it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was flawless today. I think he was great last week too, even though it didn't show in the stat sheet. He's really getting the best of both worlds--playing smart but not too conservative. One of my favorite plays by him today was not even a pass--it was the handoff to Wynn for the TD. I love watching Favre handle the ball on plays like that, with all his little fakes and stuff.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats as Promised:

- 29 completions for 38 attempts
- 286 Yards
- Touchdowns 3
- Interceptions 1

And let us not forget, Brett just become the only Quarter Back in NFL history to win 149 Games.....................My second Favorite Record next to his starting streak record !!!!

Post Note: Anyone get the passer rating on this game ? I can't find it !!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is GREAT this year.

And yes, I was one of those that suggested a change at the position-

See, it's not that hard to admit when your wrong!!

So, did he pass the TD record yet?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats as Promised:

- 29 completions for 38 attempts
- 286 Yards
- Touchdowns 3
- Interceptions 1

And let us not forget, Brett just become the only Quarter Back in NFL history to win 149 Games.....................My second Favorite Record next to his starting streak record !!!!

Post Note: Anyone get the passer rating on this game ? I can't find it !!!

you can calculate qb rating here:

http://www.primecomputing.com/

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

No, he's 4 away.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

He's 3 away at 417 Marino has 420

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
29 completions out of 38 attempts

Only 7 incompletion's out of him today. Great game for #4. It was also nice to see the Packers receivers getting open. The Tight Ends played great.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
200 wins and 3 Superbowl wins then he can retire.

Sounds about right.
Then Eli will argue that if you combined his numbers with his brother's, then they're better than Favre's. :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
29 completions out of 38 attempts

Only 7 incompletion's out of him today. Great game for #4. It was also nice to see the Packers receivers getting open. The Tight Ends played great.

I agree it was a great game and a great completion %. But, isn't it 9 incomplete?

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre becomes winningest QB in Packers win over Giants

The Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Brett Favre picked a near-perfect way to become the winningest quarterback in NFL history.

Favre completed his first 14 passes of the second half and threw three touchdown passes to rally the Green Bay Packers to a 35-13 victory over Eli Manning and the New York Giants on Sunday.

The victory was the 149th of Favre’s 17-year career and gave him one more than Hall of Famer John Elway.

It also gave the Packers their first 2-0 start since they won their first three in 2001.

The loss was the second straight for the undisciplined and error-prone Giants, something that hasn’t happened at the start of a season since 1996 — the year Dan Reeves got fired.

Tom Coughlin, who came into the season under pressure to do more than make the playoffs, may now be really under the gun.

Favre threw a go-ahead 2-yard touchdown pass to Bubba Franks on the Packers’ opening series of the second half. The eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback added TD tosses of 3-yards to Donald Lee and 10 yards to Donald Driver after New York rookie Ahmad Bradshaw fumbled the ensuing kickoff.

Favre finished 29-of-38 for 286 yards, including 18-of-21 for 147 yards in the second half as he constantly exposed the Giants’ suspect defense with short passes.

Rookie DeShawn Wynn added touchdown runs of 6 and 38 yards for Green Bay.

Manning, whose playing status was uncertain all week because of a sprained shoulder, played well, leading New York to scores on three consecutive series bridging the second and third quarters. He threw a 26-yard touchdown pass to Plaxico Burress and helped set up field goals of 48 and 32 yards by Lawrence Tynes, who also missed a 34-yarder on the opening series of the game.

Manning finished 16-of-29 for 211 yards. He threw a costly interception to defensive tackle Corey Williams with 6:35 to play. Backup Jared Lorenzen replaced Manning after Wynn’s long touchdown run gave Green Bay a 35-13 lead.

Down 10-7 at the half, Favre dominated the second half despite getting little help from his rushing attack.

A 42-yard kickoff return by Tramon Williams gave the Packers the ball at their own 49. Favre needed 10 plays to go the 51 yards. He hit fullback Korey Hall for two 10-yard dumpoffs early in the drive and a 17-yarder James Jones before finding the burly Franks for the go-ahead touchdown. Favre completed all five passes on the drive.

After Tynes’ 32-yard field goal cut the gap to 14-13, Favre engineered an 80-yard drive on which he hit all nine of his passes. None was longer than 19 yards and six were less than 10 yards, including the 3-yarder to Lee on a pass to the right corner of the end zone.

Favre iced the game after Bradshaw’s fumble on the kickoff was recovered by Tracy White at the New York 22. Five plays later, he found Driver in the back of the end zone for a 28-13 lead.

The Giants, who gave up 45 points in a season-opening loss to Dallas, were defenseless in the second half. While Manning played well on offense, New York made a lot of dumb plays.

Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey was called for a delay penalty after a first-down catch at the Packers 16 late in the first half with the score tied at 7. He later dropped a potential first-down pass at the Green Bay 3 just seconds later, forcing Tynes to make a 48-yard field goal and give the Giants a 10-7 lead.

Veteran Amani Toomer also had an embarrassing mistake in the third quarter. He was called for a taunting penalty at the Green Bay 8 a couple of plays before New York had to settle for Tynes’ second field goal, cutting the Packers lead to 14-13 with 4:22 left in the third quarter.

Instead of a third-and-goal at the Green Bay 8, New York was pushed back to the 23.

Staff online

Latest posts