The Free Agency Thread

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would be better than the #2 we have now who is...let's see...no one.

Jimmy Graham/Randall Cobb are right now probably our 2nd option.

Matthews and Cobb really play the same position, so maybe this is positioning for losing Cobb this year or next? Or maybe they think Matthews can play outside? I'd be skeptical of that, personally.

Matthews is younger and bigger and cheaper than Cobb, not sure that he's better.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We need another guy to offset potential injuries to keep the show going. Im fine with Matthews if they sign him.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand what limits Matthews to the slot. He's 6'3" and ran a 4.46. Is he just a quick twitch guy experienced in the slot?

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was behind jeffery and smith though. i can't imagine them dropping cobb...just can't.

He struggled playing outside with Buffalo tho. Could be qb or system problems there or just nagging injuries plaguing the season.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand what limits Matthews to the slot. He's 6'3" and ran a 4.46. Is he just a quick twitch guy experienced in the slot?

Thats where he has excelled. Not that hes limited there but he has struggled to provide a spark outside of the slot position.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tramon Williams is a fine veteran addition to a very young group of corners, but I hope that they continue to add more via multiple avenues.

It would be sweet if they could take advantage of the Breeland situation and sign him here in a few weeks when he's healthy.

Williams and Breeland plus a pick in the top 3 rounds would make me feel much more confident in this CB group.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams is a fine veteran addition to a very young group of corners, but I hope that they continue to add more via multiple avenues.

It would be sweet if they could take advantage of the Breeland situation and sign him here in a few weeks when he's healthy.

Williams and Breeland plus a pick in the top 3 rounds would make me feel much more confident in this CB group.
yup. at this point i still think that's what the 1st pick will be. king has potential but his first season was injury riddled. makes you wonder a bit.

GBND4LIFE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the corners that’s on the team now. Which ones do you all think won’t be on the team this year?

Attachments

• F533CF4C-320E-4F2E-B9A3-C9802507ED26.png
    F533CF4C-320E-4F2E-B9A3-C9802507ED26.png
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
yup. at this point i still think that's what the 1st pick will be. king has potential but his first season was injury riddled. makes you wonder a bit.

If they signed Breeland, I think it would free them up to only take a corner at 14 if that's the guy they really like.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they signed Breeland, or Gaines, or DRC before the draft I would expect the first pick to undoubtedly be a linebacker whether inside or outside.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts