The Free Agency Thread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone think that Packers stood as of late because they needed that money to sign Fuller if the Bears didn't? The Bears didn't actually didn't have to truly sign until yesterday...

Now that it is official, the Packers have that money to use.

I have a feeling something will happen
yup..

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering they didnt offer Jordy more than 2M, I dont see them paying more for Matthews. For that money he seems a solid option. Furthermore it leaves the FO with room to either go get Reid and Breeland/Gaines. All though the latter seems to have visits with the Browns and Jets, so he'll probably be of the market soon

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did u even know that tho... lol
And Matthews visiting

its called a guess.

EDIT: Sorry Frozen. That was uncalled for. It was meant as a joke but I realize it did not come off that way.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering they didnt offer Jordy more than 2M, I dont see them paying more for Matthews. For that money he seems a solid option. Furthermore it leaves the FO with room to either go get Reid and Breeland/Gaines. All though the latter seems to have visits with the Browns and Jets, so he'll probably be of the market soon

Jordy is 8 years older.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy is 8 years older.
Yet Matthews has not really attracted any interest after an injury riddled season. Im sure he'll be affordable. Furthermore I dont see the FO strap much more cap space in the WR group.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I still don’t think people realize that Gaines has primarily been a zone corner for the majority of his career.

Divot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews would be a fantastic pick up if his knee is rehabed. Not sure why everyone thinks he is just a slot. Big and fast (same speed as Jordy) and jordy didn't play slot at 25 yo. I would really like this pick up if it happens.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely up for this move. I thought he'd have a better NFL career, but he was a productive slot receiver. We need any depth that we can get at the position.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Matthews would be a fantastic pick up if his knee is rehabed. Not sure why everyone thinks he is just a slot. Big and fast (same speed as Jordy) and jordy didn't play slot at 25 yo. I would really like this pick up if it happens.

People think he’s a slot only because he’s been a slot only in the NFL for four years. Maybe the Packers think they can get more out of him. I’ve never understood athletically why it was such a necessity. But that’s why people consider him a slot only player.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You guys (and gals) do realize who Frozen is right?

He's Jordan Matthews Dad.....remember, Brian Price's dad? :coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

Of all the corners that’s on the team now. Which ones do you all think won’t be on the team this year?

Williams and King will definitely make the team. It's a guess with everybody else on the depth chart.

If they signed Breeland, I think it would free them up to only take a corner at 14 if that's the guy they really like.

According to reports I've read Breeland won't be medically cleared before the draft though.

I still don’t think people realize that Gaines has primarily been a zone corner for the majority of his career.

Gaines might still be a fit for the Packers as the team will most likely still play a lot of zone defense. In 2017 there was only one team in the league playing man coverage on more than 50% of the snaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts