The Free Agency Thread

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I figure it might be more efficient to make one thread for all of the rumors and wishlist players. Who do you want? What are you reading? Post it here.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Dolphins are shopping Ja’Wuan James. He’s a 9+M cap hit this year on a 5th year option, so I wouldn’t trade for him. But I doubt anyone else would either. He will probably get cut. If so, I want the Packers to make a pitch. Athletically, he’s a Packers type (3C/SS). It could pay off big to let Campen work with him for a year while Bulaga is still here. Potential RT of the future. Of course they could get outbid as this OT free agent class is butt. But I’d try.

On the same note, I’d like to see an attempt at a reclamation project with Xavier Su’a-Filo. He also has a lot of talent that never got unlocked in Houston.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport the Packers are interested in Sammy Watkins as well.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Where did you guys see Ian Rapaport link the Pack to Watkins? I have seen Jimmy Graham and Allen Robinson, but not Sammy Watkins. Out of these three I think Allen Robinson is the move. Cut Cobb (if you can’t trade him) and move Jordy to slot. Davante, Robinson, Jordy, Geronimo Allison, Michael Clark, some rookie, and a high round rookie TE would really be an offense going into next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Where did you guys see Ian Rapaport link the Pack to Watkins? I have seen Jimmy Graham and Allen Robinson, but not Sammy Watkins. Out of these three I think Allen Robinson is the move. Cut Cobb (if you can’t trade him) and move Jordy to slot. Davante, Robinson, Jordy, Geronimo Allison, Michael Clark, some rookie, and a high round rookie TE would really be an offense going into next season.

Was Chris Wesseling

https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I have always liked Robinson, even during his days a Penn State and he is only 24! Guess the obvious concern is how will he be after his torn ACL? But that might keep his price down a bit.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy in the slot is a smart move actually... a taller version of Edelman that has an amazing connection with ARod. It would extend his Packers career.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but I think I would rather add Watkins to this offense than Robinson. The latter is probably the better player at his best, but Watkins’ deep game is what this offense is lacking. He could open up so much.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but I think I would rather add Watkins to this offense than Robinson. The latter is probably the better player at his best, but Watkins’ deep game is what this offense is lacking. He could open up so much.

According to Twitter, you aren't the only one who feels this way

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like a lot of this but hope they don’t sign Graham.

I would love Graham in Green Bay, but not with what he will end up getting. Bad year to have a crappy TE FA market as well as being cap strapped. Only way I see signing Graham as making sense is if they can do it for $6-7M, cutt Cobb and then use the left over to sign a mid range FA WR.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love Graham in Green Bay, but not with what he will end up getting. Bad year to have a crappy TE FA market as well as being cap strapped. Only way I see signing Graham as making sense is if they can do it for $6-7M, cutt Cobb and then use the left over to sign a mid range FA WR.

But here's the thing... Sefarian-Jenkins is scoffing at $4M per from the Jets, there's rumors Burton is going to be heavily sought after and could command $6M+ per year. Is $10M per for Jimmy Graham all that crazy?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Watkins will probably be the cheaper option. I like his speed, but I still like Robinson's size. Both have had pretty similar careers, up and down, some injuries and not the greatest QB throwing to them, although Goff was pretty good last year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But here's the thing... Sefarian-Jenkins is scoffing at $4M per from the Jets, there's rumors Burton is going to be heavily sought after and could command $6M+ per year. Is $10M per for Jimmy Graham all that crazy?

Only if the Packers spend it on him ;)

I like Graham and I do think AR and him would be a good combination, but I just don't think that is the position where the Packers one big FA signing should be made.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

If the Packers could get both Burton and Watkins for close to what cutting Cobb would save them, I'm all in.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if the Packers spend it on him ;)

I like Graham and I do think AR and him would be a good combination, but I just don't think that is the position where the Packers one big FA signing should be made.

Fair enough and I don't disagree and/or want to sign Graham necessarily. The money can work though, we can create the space to sign just about anyone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fair enough and I don't disagree and/or want to sign Graham necessarily. The money can work though, we can create the space to sign just about anyone.

Very true.

The Packers have a lot of room by getting their hands dirty and cutting one or both of Cobb and Nelson. Doing one might free up enough for Graham and change left over. Doing them both, might free up enough for someone like Burton and 2 WR's.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers sign both Graham or burton and Watkin or Robinson I think you could let Jordy and Cobb go. Draft a slot wr in the draft. You would pay less for those two, get younger, and still have weapons on offense. Then use the extra money you saved with the cap space you have to get a cb

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Robinson 2 years removed from 17+ ypc. I know there is a lot of if in that ACL but he certainly opens the deep ball game if healthy.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Robinson 2 years removed from 17+ ypc. I know there is a lot of if in that ACL but he certainly opens the deep ball game if healthy.

More via jump balls than speed that forces safeties off though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts