The Complete Game

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think the injury to Jennings really took the focus away from our performance yesterday.

Yesterday was arguably the most complete game we've played this season.

Offensively we were balanced. 2 passing TD's and 2 Rushing TD's. Kuhn and Grant combined for 130yds rushing in 20 total attempts. I don't even think Masthay punted at all yesterday.

Defensively we got a lot of stops and forced 5 turnovers.

Special teams Cobb got a solid kick return and Crosby while shaky on some of his kicks, they were all money.

These are the kind of games that we are going to need moving forward. This is what we are capable of doing when our defense plays well and we run the ball effectively.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And able to adjust in areas where there were some struggles. O line. D secondary. all made adjustments and did a good job making sure a few bad plays didn't turn into a bad game. That's as big a part of championship football as anything, if you ask me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.

I really doubted we would go 16-0 this season, exactly because I'd rarely seen this team put a complete game in the regular season under McCarthy.

But I guess we didn't need a complete game to beat everybody... We just needed a complete game from Rodgers.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If we can play like this in these last 3 games, I'm confident we can go all the way again. Consistency is key

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been fun to see Rodgers make the rest of the guys play harder. Someone who demands perfection from himself will hopefully rub off on the people around him. Favre made his receivers look better. Rodgers makes his receivers better, because they follow his lead. Favre only cared about results and didnt care how he got them. That necessarily brought lots of mistakes. Rodgers pursues perfection, knowing the results will follow.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how people kept wondering if we could win if Rodgers doesn't play perfectly. He threw a pick, and it was probably his worst game of the season, doesn't even play in the 4th quarter. The team still puts up 46 points. (We should keep in mind however, that this was against a banged up and struggling team)

I know Jim Harbaugh is getting all the buzz about coach of the year, rightfully so, but damn. McCarthy is the man. What ever happened to Super Bowl hangovers?

We are the this decades New Englad Patriots. We have a mad scientist coach who excels as a play caller/coordinator, as well as motivating his team. He's a no BS, no drama coach, simply here to win, and that's exactly what we're doing. Did you hear Greg Jennings on the sideline when Mason kicked the game winner against the Giants? "This is what we do Mason"! Like there was ever a doubt the team would not win. Then we have the machine of a QB who expects excellence from himself and those around him, on every snap, every game, no matter what. How often do you hear fans of other teams saying things like "Yeah Romo had a good game", or "Eli is having a pretty good season"? We EXPECT greatness from Rodgers every time he takes the field, and that's pretty much what we always get.

In conclusion, Go Pack Go.