The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Give Gute a chance bruh. He has had one draft and he did a decent job addressing the WR position in '18. Getting MVS in the 5th and EQ in the sixth is nothing to sneeze at. Interesting that the highest WR drafted was the player that disappointed so far out of the group.

I get that you want WR's taken higher and you seem to think any WR taken after the 2nd will forever suck. You may get your early WR wish this year. Now, it may not be the WR you want, but I'd say there is a pretty good chance Gute pulls the trigger on a wideout somewhat early this year.

That's not true. I believe late round picks can work out sometimes but to use that as your only Avenue to build an offensive roster with Aaron Rodgers as your QB is beyond foolish.

Well see what Gute can do.

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fricken love April! The NFL draft is a personal favorite of mine. As the calendar has just turned, here is my first mock draft for the Pack.

12- Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
30- A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi
44- Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
75- Juan Thornhill, S, UVA
114- Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State
118- Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State
150- Keenen Brown, TE, Texas State
185- Benny Snell Jr., RB, Kentucky
194- Keesean Johnson, WR, Fresno State
226- Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gil Brandt said his scouts at the Iowa Pro Day gave Hock a better athletic grade than Fant.

That's fairly surprising.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fricken love April! The NFL draft is a personal favorite of mine. As the calendar has just turned, here is my first mock draft for the Pack.

Gonna play one of the safeties at CB?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wouldn't like Cody Ford with the #12 pick. He didn't look very good against Bama and is no where near ready to play T. Might be a decent G, but I would rather try to get Risner at #30. About the only O-linemen I would want to see taken at #12 would be J. Williams or J. Taylor, but I think they both will be gone.

I have my eyes set on Oliver, White or Hochenson with the #12 pick. I think Metcalf will be there at #12 and is tempting, but I'm not sold on anything except that he is a combine freak with the potential to become a good WR.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I like the Keesean Johnson pick. He is a late round guy that I could see turning into a legit no.2 at some point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like the Keesean Johnson pick. He is a late round guy that I could see turning into a legit no.2 at some point.

Hadn't seen any tape or read about him until today. Kind of like him and almost appears/sounds like he might be best suited as a slot receiver and should be available mid rounds. He seems to do best on quick short routes or comebacks and has great hands, one scout labeled him "best hands in the draft".

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keesean is a really good route runner, so obviously you all know I'm a fan of his.

Kinda similar to Geronimo. I don't think he profiles that well inside, strictly an outside guy imo.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Hadn't seen any tape or read about him until today. Kind of like him and almost appears/sounds like he might be best suited as a slot receiver and should be available mid rounds. He seems to do best on quick short routes or comebacks and has great hands, one scout labeled him "best hands in the draft".

He is $. I had him on my day 3 sleeper 3 months ago. He will make a roster somewhere.

RB LJ Scott is another guy I think could help us on day 3. Been touting him too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He is $. I had him on my day 3 sleeper 3 months ago. He will make a roster somewhere.

RB LJ Scott is another guy I think could help us on day 3. Been touting him too.

I've been on the LJ Scott train for awhile. He was banged up his senior year and running behind a terrible OL, had he been healthy and playing on a better offense, I think he is being talked about A LOT more. Might be a 5th or 6th round steal.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I've been on the LJ Scott train for awhile. He was banged up his senior year and running behind a terrible OL, had he been healthy and playing on a better offense, I think he is being talked about A LOT more. Might be a 5th or 6th round steal.

Yep. That's all true. He is a NFL READY RB. He can catch too.

He is a Youngstown kid . They produce some good ones. Packers need to be on him on day 3 if they don't go for Justice Hill earlier.

Even with that said Lafleur might favor the bigger Scott. He is better then Williams. Scott is on my GOLD LIST.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I thought taking a late round guy thinking he will turn into a legit #2 was INSANITY

So was drafting defense. It was never going to make anything better (FANTASY FAIRY LAND!!!). Until yesterday, when he suggested how drafting defense could make them better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I always like to keep an eye on the prospects the Packers have some kind of Pre-draft contact with. Gives you a bit of an idea of what Gute is thinking about and seems like a few of the guys you have never heard of, end up being UDFA signings. AJ Brown is scheduled to meet with the Packers, but doesn't yet show up on the list.

So Far:
  • Nick Brossette, RB, LSU (EW)
  • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
  • Lukas Denis, S, Boston College (EW)
  • Noah Fant, TE, Iowa (COM)
  • Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State (SR)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Ed Oliver, DT, Houston (COM)
  • Jachai Polite, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Jeff Smith, WR, Boston College (PRI)
  • Jace Sternberger^, TE, Texas A&M (COM, PRI)
  • Montez Sweat, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Mississippi State (PRI)
  • Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida (COM)
  • Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo (EW)
  • Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon (EW)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)
SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I thought taking a late round guy thinking he will turn into a legit #2 was INSANITY

Of course your choosing to MINCE MY WORDS! I never said getting late round guys was INSANITY!

What I said was building your entire offensive roster on them IS.

We need to see a better blend of offensive picks across the board like we did when we had a top rated offense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So was drafting defense. It was never going to make anything better (FANTASY FAIRY LAND!!!). Until yesterday, when he suggested how drafting defense could make them better.

What I said YESTERDAY was that if the Packers are going to go the route with an attempt to finish out the defense and try to make it ELITE that those are the players I would suggest.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What I said YESTERDAY was that if the Packers are going to go the route with an attempt to finish out the defense and try to make it ELITE that those are the players I would suggest.

No, what you did yesterday was suggest an idea of something that Packers could do that you had previously mocked endlessly with a bunch of your driveling ********.

This would be notable in any other poster, but when it comes to you we all expect that you are going to punch yourself in the face like this regularly.

Carry on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the AAF has been shut down. Was preparing the list below when I found out. But in addition to the draft and current Free Agents, there may be some guys from the AAF that the Packers will be looking at trying to sign. Technically, the AAF players are under contract until the last league day, which is/was April 27th (last day of NFL draft) but maybe they are all Free Agents now?

AAF guys to keep an eye on:
  • DeMarquis Gates, ILB
  • Garrett Gilbert, QB
  • Rashad Ross, WR
  • Nick Rose, K
  • Jamar Summers, CB
  • Damontre Moore, DL
  • Shaan Washington, LB
  • Jalin Marshall, WR
  • J.C. Hassenauer, C
  • Trenton Thompson, DL
  • Karter Schult, DL
  • Greg Ward JR., WR
  • John Wolford, QB
  • Luis Perez, QB
  • Keith Reaser, CB
  • Terence Garvin. LB
  • Ja'Quan Gardner, RB

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the AAF has been shut down. Was preparing the list below when I found out. But in addition to the draft and current Free Agents, there may be some guys from the AAF that the Packers will be looking at trying to sign. Technically, the AAF players are under contract until the last league day, which is/was April 27th (last day of NFL draft) but maybe they are all Free Agents now?

AAF guys to keep an eye on:
  • DeMarquis Gates, ILB
  • Garrett Gilbert, QB
  • Rashad Ross, WR
  • Nick Rose, K
  • Jamar Summers, CB
  • Damontre Moore, DL
  • Shaan Washington, LB
  • Jalin Marshall, WR
  • J.C. Hassenauer, C
  • Trenton Thompson, DL
  • Karter Schult, DL
  • Greg Ward JR., WR
  • John Wolford, QB
  • Luis Perez, QB
  • Keith Reaser, CB
  • Terence Garvin. LB
  • Ja'Quan Gardner, RB
Damontre Moore & Jayrone Elliott are AAF leaders in sacks & pressures... Moore is 6'-4, 260 and ran the 40 in 4.95 out of school (6 yrs ago). Elliott is 6'-3", 255 and ran 4.67. IF Gute wants more OLB depth I'd rather have Elliott back.

Members online

Latest posts