The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be sure to keep an eye on your suggestions at these positions when it comes to my entering of the 53rd Annual Amish Draft Contest. I don't want to miss out on that first prize this year, which is an all expense paid trip to Australia for 2 weeks with Erin Andrews. :inlove:
Ive been saying it but Rodney Anderson is one of thee best RBs out of this draft thats getting overlooked. Made future NFL linemen and linebackers like Roquan smith look silly. Injury concerns sure.. but his game tape shows pose, can block, patiently waits for holes to open and takes gliding sharp cuts when necessary. Not a hard runner like LaGarent Blunt but slippery and bounces and recovers from hits. Lol

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Montgomery is the best natural RB pass catcher in this draft. Reminds me of Dion Lewis but taller and stronger. I was like.. okay this kid can catch, but can he run? He ran hot and cold. The Game vs West Virginia he just took over with his running... made defenders look silly. Then vs tough Iowa defense he just disappears.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been saying it but Rodney Anderson is one of thee best RBs out of this draft thats getting overlooked. Made future NFL linemen and linebackers like Roquan smith look silly. Injury concerns sure.. but his game tape shows pose, can block, patiently waits for holes to open and takes gliding sharp cuts when necessary. Not a hard runner like LaGarent Blunt but slippery and bounces and recovers from hits. Lol

He's very good, but man, can he stay healthy?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With FA mostly over with, here are my clusters:
  • #12:
  1. Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama: Stud technician who can likely play every spot on the line and has experience at right tackle.
  2. Ed Oliver, iDL, Houston: Misused as a 1T at Houston, Oliver is a freakish, game wrecking 3T waiting to happen.
  3. Andre Dillard, OT, Wash. State: Athletic phenom, plus pass blocker who would have to transition to RT and hone run blocking.
  4. T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa: In conversation with Howard as the best combo TE prospect since Gronkowski.
  5. Devin Bush Jr., LB, Michigan: Elite athlete who plays the position with excellent fundamentals.
  • #30:
  1. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: Incredible athlete with long speed who has better blocking skills than advertised (likely gone).
  2. Jerry Tillery, iDL, Notre Dame: Chris Jones' style interior disruptor with amazing combination of length and movement skills.
  3. Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State: Tough versatile OL who can likely play four of the five positions (LG to RT); foot speed underrated.
  4. A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi: Tailor-made "big slot" who combines strength and movement skills to produce YAC.
  5. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware: Combo safety who excels deep with range and ball skills; has corner versatility and ST value.
  • #44:
  1. Chris Lindstrom, OL, Boston College: Plus athlete guard prospect who would excel in an OZ scheme; RT versatility in a pinch.
  2. Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington: Raw, athletic RT prospect who needs refinement in pass pro but who brings a run blocker's mentality.
  3. Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia: Top shelf athlete and combo safety who possesses the range to play center fielder.
  4. Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama: H-Back build and skill set to lead block and make big plays out of the passing game.
  5. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina: Extremely similar to A.J. Brown as a prospect but lacking the durability; extreme production in RZ.
  • #75:
  1. Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois: Great small school RT prospect with underrrated movement skills; kicked Brian Burns' butt.
  2. Dawson Knox, TE, Mississippi: Under-utilized Y TE prospect with legit blocking ability and plus athleticism in the passing game.
  3. Kahale Warring, TE, SDSU: Raw player with limited experience but flashes of high end upside as a combo Y.
  4. Connor McGovern, OL, Penn State: Solid interior lineman with skills for OZ scheme and guard/center versatility.
  5. Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia: Raw blazer with serious downfield and YAC ability who brings real danger in the PR game.
  • #'s 114/118:
  1. Armon Watts, iDL, Arkansas: Tough 5T prospect who has the length and anchor to handle run game responsibilities.
  2. Foster Moreau, TE, LSU: Tough lead/in-line blocker whose workout numbers suggest he could offer more in the passing game than was utilized.
  3. Michael Jordan, OL, Ohio State: Developmental interior OL with C/G versatility; tall for the interior and coming out of unorthodox offense.
  4. Cameron Smith, LB, USC: Steady MIKE prospect who compares to Martinez and could replace him if he proves a quick study.
  5. Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii: Versatile MIKE who could moonlight outside for Pettine; fallen off the map due to injury.
  6. Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska: Michael Turner style running back with soft hands who only had one year of production.
  7. Alex Barnes, RB, Kansas State: Bigger back with plus athleticism; can catch; coming out of unorthodox offense.
  8. Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor: RB turned WR who took to the position well for the Bears and projects best as a big slot in the NFL.
  9. Maxx Crosby, ED, Central Michigan: Projection prospect with NFL frame and athleticism who needs development.
  10. Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky: Projects as tough combo TE; ideally a top reserve who contributes on ST.
  • #150:
  1. Mitch Hyatt, OL, Clemson: Classic Packers' target as LT > iOL transition; possesses size/metrics and would need to increase functional strength.
  2. Trevon Wesco, TE/FB, West Virginia: H-Back prospect who absolutely brawls as a blocker and can sneak out for a pass or two.
  3. Drew Sample, TE, Washington: TE2 prospect with blocking size/ability and the athleticism to possibly surprised in the receiving game.
  4. Travis Homer, RB, Miami: Versatile runner with great athletic profile who lacks vision; offers skills as runner, receiver, and kick/punt cover man.
  5. Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest: Way undersized receiver with playmaking skills; would be drafted primarily for PR ability.
  6. Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo: Another undersized PR option.
  7. Khalen Saunders, iDL, Western Illinois: FCS prospect who flashes exceptional upfield ability but tested poorly.
  8. Jordan Brailford, ED, Oklahoma State: Undersized end who flashes ability to burn the arc.
  9. Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame: High effort player whose play doesn't match his athletic traits; serious durability concerns in history.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With FA mostly over with, here are my clusters:
  • #12:
  1. Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama: Stud technician who can likely play every spot on the line and has experience at right tackle.
  2. Ed Oliver, iDL, Houston: Misused as a 1T at Houston, Oliver is a freakish, game wrecking 3T waiting to happen.
  3. Andre Dillard, OT, Wash. State: Athletic phenom, plus pass blocker who would have to transition to RT and hone run blocking.
  4. T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa: In conversation with Howard as the best combo TE prospect since Gronkowski.
  5. Devin Bush Jr., LB, Michigan: Elite athlete who plays the position with excellent fundamentals.
  • #30:
  1. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa: Incredible athlete with long speed who has better blocking skills than advertised (likely gone).
  2. Jerry Tillery, iDL, Notre Dame: Chris Jones' style interior disruptor with amazing combination of length and movement skills.
  3. Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State: Tough versatile OL who can likely play four of the five positions (LG to RT); foot speed underrated.
  4. A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi: Tailor-made "big slot" who combines strength and movement skills to produce YAC.
  5. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware: Combo safety who excels deep with range and ball skills; has corner versatility and ST value.
  • #44:
  1. Chris Lindstrom, OL, Boston College: Plus athlete guard prospect who would excel in an OZ scheme; RT versatility in a pinch.
  2. Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington: Raw, athletic RT prospect who needs refinement in pass pro but who brings a run blocker's mentality.
  3. Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia: Top shelf athlete and combo safety who possesses the range to play center fielder.
  4. Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama: H-Back build and skill set to lead block and make big plays out of the passing game.
  5. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina: Extremely similar to A.J. Brown as a prospect but lacking the durability; extreme production in RZ.
  • #75:
  1. Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois: Great small school RT prospect with underrrated movement skills; kicked Brian Burns' butt.
  2. Dawson Knox, TE, Mississippi: Under-utilized Y TE prospect with legit blocking ability and plus athleticism in the passing game.
  3. Kahale Warring, TE, SDSU: Raw player with limited experience but flashes of high end upside as a combo Y.
  4. Connor McGovern, OL, Penn State: Solid interior lineman with skills for OZ scheme and guard/center versatility.
  5. Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia: Raw blazer with serious downfield and YAC ability who brings real danger in the PR game.
  • #'s 114/118:
  1. Armon Watts, iDL, Arkansas: Tough 5T prospect who has the length and anchor to handle run game responsibilities.
  2. Foster Moreau, TE, LSU: Tough lead/in-line blocker whose workout numbers suggest he could offer more in the passing game than was utilized.
  3. Michael Jordan, OL, Ohio State: Developmental interior OL with C/G versatility; tall for the interior and coming out of unorthodox offense.
  4. Cameron Smith, LB, USC: Steady MIKE prospect who compares to Martinez and could replace him if he proves a quick study.
  5. Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii: Versatile MIKE who could moonlight outside for Pettine; fallen off the map due to injury.
  6. Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska: Michael Turner style running back with soft hands who only had one year of production.
  7. Alex Barnes, RB, Kansas State: Bigger back with plus athleticism; can catch; coming out of unorthodox offense.
  8. Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor: RB turned WR who took to the position well for the Bears and projects best as a big slot in the NFL.
  9. Maxx Crosby, ED, Central Michigan: Projection prospect with NFL frame and athleticism who needs development.
  10. Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky: Projects as tough combo TE; ideally a top reserve who contributes on ST.
  • #150:
  1. Mitch Hyatt, OL, Clemson: Classic Packers' target as LT > iOL transition; possesses size/metrics and would need to increase functional strength.
  2. Trevon Wesco, TE/FB, West Virginia: H-Back prospect who absolutely brawls as a blocker and can sneak out for a pass or two.
  3. Drew Sample, TE, Washington: TE2 prospect with blocking size/ability and the athleticism to possibly surprised in the receiving game.
  4. Travis Homer, RB, Miami: Versatile runner with great athletic profile who lacks vision; offers skills as runner, receiver, and kick/punt cover man.
  5. Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest: Way undersized receiver with playmaking skills; would be drafted primarily for PR ability.
  6. Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo: Another undersized PR option.
  7. Khalen Saunders, iDL, Western Illinois: FCS prospect who flashes exceptional upfield ability but tested poorly.
  8. Jordan Brailford, ED, Oklahoma State: Undersized end who flashes ability to burn the arc.
  9. Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame: High effort player whose play doesn't match his athletic traits; serious durability concerns in history.

Hockenson at 12, no Parris Campbell ... Admit it Dantes, you are deliberately going out of your way to try and give Brandon a stroke aren't you. ;)

Seriously though I like your list (I was going to say I like your clusters but I didn't want to give Poker anything more to comment on). Having guys like Warring and Knox at 75 even makes it a bit more palatable to miss out on Hockenson, Fant or Smith who would be my top three choices. I suspect it would even make Brandon happy. I can honestly say if we get one of those Non TEs at each of the top three spots and one of those 2 TEs with the 4th I would be very happy with the 2019 draft.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hockenson at 12, no Parris Campbell ... Admit it Dantes, you are deliberately going out of your way to try and give Brandon a stroke aren't you. ;)

Seriously though I like your list (I was going to say I like your clusters but I didn't want to give Poker anything more to comment on). Having guys like Warring and Knox at 75 even makes it a bit more palatable to miss out on Hockenson, Fant or Smith who would be my top three choices. I suspect it would even make Brandon happy. I can honestly say if we get one of those Non TEs at each of the top three spots and one of those 2 TEs with the 4th I would be very happy with the 2019 draft.

No one needs to "try" to give him a stroke. He goes apoplectic at the first sign of someone not having the same opinion as him.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes that’s pretty damn good list of options at each draft slot. I would add Christian Wilkins to the list at #12 and take away Kaleb McGary from the list at #44. But that’s just personal preference. Here’s what I’ll do- I’ll make a mock bast in your clusters.

#12 Ed Oliver, DL

#30 Dalton Risner, OG

#44 Juan Thornhill, FS

#75 Kahale Warring, TE

#114 Alex Barnes, RB

#118 Max Crosby, Edge

#150 Mitch Hyatt, OL

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dantes that’s pretty damn good list of options at each draft slot. I would add Christian Wilkins to the list at #12 and take away Kaleb McGary from the list at #44. But that’s just personal preference. Here’s what I’ll do- I’ll make a mock bast in your clusters.

#12 Ed Oliver, DL

#30 Dalton Risner, OG

#44 Juan Thornhill, FS

#75 Kahale Warring, TE

#114 Alex Barnes, RB

#118 Max Crosby, Edge

#150 Mitch Hyatt, OL

That would be a killer draft.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting factoid, Billiam Bellichick has never taken a WR in the 1st round while being in charge of the Patriots.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Interesting factoid, Billiam Bellichick has never taken a WR in the 1st round while being in charge of the Patriots.

You don't need to draft them in 1st when you trade for them after there developed.

I've about had it with people acting like the Pat's dont aquire top talent on offense.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You don't need to draft them in 1st when you trade for them after there developed.

I've about had it with people acting like the Pat's dont aquire top talent on offense.

It's terrible! I think you should just leave. It isn't worth it!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

While I tend to agree with you on this point, when it comes to Billy B, but you also have to be a guy who sees amazing talent in later rounds or goes out and acquires it in a trade or free agency. Getting all those guys to play well helps too and this is something BB does much better than most.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While I tend to agree with you on this point, when it comes to Billy B, but you also have to be a guy who sees amazing talent in later rounds or goes out and acquires it in a trade or free agency. Getting all those guys to play well helps too and this is something BB does much better than most.

Were are light years away from the PATRIOT WAY and how they go about things so drafting or not drafting a receiver in the 1st round is irrelevant when trying to compare us to them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Were are light years away from the PATRIOT WAY and how they go about things so drafting or not drafting a receiver in the 1st round is irrelevant when trying to compare us to them.
But that was my point, some teams can't do what BB does and have to rely on hitting home runs with high draft picks. Ultimately, failing on that, IMO was what led to TT's downfall in his last 5 or so years.

Here's to hoping Gute can get the job done better and in a different way.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bill Belichick is a great coach, but he certainly has benefited from having Tom Brady at QB for his amazing run. I do realize Tom Brady benefited greatly from having Belichick as well.

I think before we put Bill up for sainthood though that we should remember that he didn't have amazing success on offense and get rings when he had Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde at QB.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I know man! I'm a hopeless case. Why even put up with me? There must be other forums out there that will recognize your genius, right?

Well I joined this Forum in 2012 when you were a F***** Chargers fan so you would be the odd man out.

Sorry.;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
But that was my point, some teams can't do what BB does and have to rely on hitting home runs with high draft picks. Ultimately, failing on that, IMO was what led to TT's downfall in his last 5 or so years.

Here's to hoping Gute can get the job done better and in a different way.

The Packers are not struggling because they haven't drafted receivers in the 1st round but instead completely ignoring the position since Devante Adams. During the years of having an elite offense that scared the rest of the league they kept the shelves stocked by drafting receivers in 2nd round and hitting on those guys and getting very good production.

Somewhere along the way they got DB FEVER and completely ignored the receiver position other then day 3 picks. Since that the offense has struggled and not been the same. For people that are in denial of that it is KNOWN LEAGUE WIDE.

So now were playing catch up and drafting a receiver in round one is in play. It's that simple.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Packers are not struggling because they haven't drafted receivers in the 1st round but instead completely ignoring the position since Devante Adams. During the years of having an elite offense that scared the rest of the league they kept the shelves stocked by drafting receivers in 2nd round and hitting on those guys and getting very good production.

Somewhere along the way they got DB FEVER and completely ignored the receiver position other then day 3 picks. Since that the offense has struggled and not been the same. For people that are in denial of that it is KNOWN LEAGUE WIDE.

So now were playing catch up and drafting a receiver in round one is in play. It's that simple.
Give Gute a chance bruh. He has had one draft and he did a decent job addressing the WR position in '18. Getting MVS in the 5th and EQ in the sixth is nothing to sneeze at. Interesting that the highest WR drafted was the player that disappointed so far out of the group.

I get that you want WR's taken higher and you seem to think any WR taken after the 2nd will forever suck. You may get your early WR wish this year. Now, it may not be the WR you want, but I'd say there is a pretty good chance Gute pulls the trigger on a wideout somewhat early this year.