Studs n duds Niners playoffs

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Arguably a few of the most 'zoned in" games I've seen Rodgers have with Davante have been in massive wins even - its just how freaking good their connection is.
Yes and I think both players can thank the other one for their success. However, I think Davante can go somewhere else and shine, as can Rodgers. Imagine the Rams right now with Davante, they would be unstoppable on offense....until Stafford is Stafford and throws a pick. I said it in another post, but Rodgers must have wet dreams about playing in the Rams offense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and I think both players can thank the other one for their success. However, I think Davante can go somewhere else and shine, as can Rodgers. Imagine the Rams right now with Davante, they would be unstoppable on offense....until Stafford is Stafford and throws a pick. I said it in another post, but Rodgers must have wet dreams about playing in the Rams offense.
His number wouldn't allow that to happen. All great offenses come in waves and you gotta hit on young talent to keep it going. That is why Denver makes sense for Rodgers to head to, they could swing a team for two years with him and possibly even fit Adams for a year, maybe two.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That is why Denver makes sense for Rodgers to head to, they could swing a team for two years with him and possibly even fit Adams for a year, maybe two
I haven't looked lately at their cap situation, but Cleveland would be a place that with both Adams and Rodgers, could make them a championship team. I doubt either want to go there.

With the Broncos up for sale, I can very well see them trying to up the price by landing Rodgers for sure.

Reaction score
I don't think either offense really shined on Saturday night, but the defenses did. The 49'ers having Deebo and Kittle, were better than Adams and they did just enough to move the ball at the right time, for a winning FG. Lets not also forget that Jimmy G. gave away 3 points with his interception throw to Amos at the end of the 2nd Q.

Again, the difference in the game ended up being Special Teams and the Packers were far from special.
We had so many chances to put that game away. FG where we should’ve nailed 7 points. Drive stalled with a turnover. Drive stalled with an OL penalty. You can’t let 8 drives go with 0 points and expect to Win.

Congrats to the Defense overall. I’m not sure even with a final D stop that they could overcome our other phases. I also don’t believe we are the best team left, but it would’ve been nice to find out.
I also don’t believe the 49ers are the best representative for the NFC, especially after all their players limping off the field.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't looked lately at their cap situation, but Cleveland would be a place that with both Adams and Rodgers, could make them a championship team. I doubt either want to go there.

With the Broncos up for sale, I can very well see them trying to up the price by landing Rodgers for sure.

Cleveland has in the 20M in cap space, but Denver has 40+ Million

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just stop with the AR and "no WR help" BS, it was the same thing with Favre. Favre didn't get "good" WRs until he had Jennings and Jones. Just stop

Are we supposed to believe he was supposed to have done a super man trick with Schroeder, Freeman, Bradford, etc.

He just didn't make enough plays .

Both those guys are just playoff chokers and that's the reality, stop making excuses for them. Both are still Top 20 all time regardless though
Favre had Sterling Sharpe..he also had problems throwing to anyone but him. Once Sharpe was gone, and he had other guys, the offense was alot better.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times have we seen him thread passes into covered receivers? He was WAY off in this game, underthrowing and overthrowing to open receivers. He failed to play up to his standards in this game.
This has pretty much been his game since he broke his collarbone. He doesn't thread those needles anymore. Most of the throws he makes are to guys who are wide open and MLFs offense is designed to do just that, and Rodgers has benefited greatly.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean I guess this is where as a fan you think "what if", if he HAD went "all in" for say a Will Fuller or Odell Beckham. Either of those 2 would have been definite upgrades over MVS, Lazard, Moore, etc. all of those other guys who would probably not start on most other NFL teams.
Upgrade or not, it wouldn't stop Rodgers from staring at Adams whenever he panics. It wouldn't have changed much of anything.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a good QB with few viable receiving options in the passing game. #1 WR was doubled and we had no other #2 WR or #1 TE. Call it weaker receiver options. Weather obviously made it difficult for both QB’s but where was our Slot? Our TE? We had none.
Have you still not looked at our last play from scrimmage? Our receivers were NOT THE PROBLEM. Our problem was the guy slinging the ball downfield hoping his #17 security blanket would bail him out with a miraculous catch instead of making the easy throw for the first down. That was probably the difference in winning and losing and it is Aaron's fault and his alone.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you still not looked at our last play from scrimmage? Our receivers were NOT THE PROBLEM. Our problem was the guy slinging the ball downfield hoping his #17 security blanket would bail him out with a miraculous catch instead of making the easy throw for the first down. That was probably the difference in winning and losing and it is Aaron's fault and his alone.
Yes and some media outlets are actually failing AR out on it too with screenshots of the play

Both Lazard and ESB open on that 3rd down pass that he threw into double coverage

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not look at a dozen or more other plays, when no one was open?

I could almost guarantee you that, had we a full compliment of receivers -- meaning Tonyan at TE and MVS as a deep threat -- our attack would have been more successful. Heck, Deguara was wide open for a huge first down completion and dropped the ball. Huge play in a game where completions like that were precious. Aside from Davante, the rest of the receiver corps just doesn't have what it takes to put real pressure on that good of a defense.

Reaction score
Did you not look at a dozen or more other plays, when no one was open?

I could almost guarantee you that, had we a full compliment of receivers -- meaning Tonyan at TE and MVS as a deep threat -- our attack would have been more successful. Heck, Deguara was wide open for a huge first down completion and dropped the ball. Huge play in a game where completions like that were precious. Aside from Davante, the rest of the receiver corps just doesn't have what it takes to put real pressure on that good of a defense.
It’s pretty obvious we’re in need of 1 more top Wideout. Assuming we get Tonyan back we’re probably in need of another TE. Big Dog is probably 1 season from retired (at best).
I also think we’re 1 more top notch OL from getting back to business, that’s Assuming David can even play again. I would never have guessed he’d miss an entire season.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious we’re in need of 1 more top Wideout. Assuming we get Tonyan back we’re probably in need of another TE. Big Dog is probably 1 season from retired (at best).
I also think we’re 1 more top notch OL from getting back to business, that’s Assuming David can even play again. I would never have guessed he’d miss an entire season.
Agree 100%. The patchwork O-line did a great job all season long, but they couldn't hold up vs. SF. Too many injuries to overcome on the line and in the receiving corps (and then Dillon in the second half, too).

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts fan here. You have lost 3 straight playoff games where Rodgers clearly outplayed the opposing QB and many on here continue to put a lot of the blame on him. In nearly every game a QB will miss a few throws or not make the best read. The "GOAT" had many in his recent loss as well and would've put in an awful performance if the Rams didn't tell the 2016 Falcons to hold their beer and gift him multiple TDs. Rodgers is statistically a top 5 QB all-time in the playoffs (maybe only 2nd to Mahomes at this time) and many on here think he's trash in the postseason. If you're super bowl strategy is to not protect your qb and expect him to have 3-4 straight flawless performances, you will rarely if ever win it all.

His last 2 possessions were bad (he and MLF deserve blame) but he was 19-25 for 221 yds on their 1st 8 possessions. Many dumb people thought the packers had an advantage because of the weather. The packers one advantage over the 49ers was passing the football and that is hindered when it's 0 degrees with snow coming in the 2nd half. The O-line gave up 5 sacks, a ton of pressures, 2 penalties, and paved the way for a whopping 3.4 yds/carry. Here's a quick breakdown of the packers drives.

Drive 1 - TD
Drive 2 - fumble SF 40...offense was rolling.
Drive 3 - nothing, punt
Drive 4 - 3rd and 3 and Lazard false start followed by an instant sack, punt
Drive 5 - negative run, sack, punt
Drive 6 - long pass to Jones who unnecessarily spins and doesn't get out of bounds so last TO wasted, sack, blocked FG
Drive 7 - dropped pass at 50 yd line, punt
Drive 8 - good drive to SF 5, false start, sack, FG
Drive 9 - bad rodgers and MLF
Drive 10 - bad rodgers and MLF

His teammates mistakes turned 4 potential scoring drives into 10 points. This was a game of who did the little things right and that was the 49ers. Rodgers honestly had a decent game considering the weather, lack of run game, and lack of protection. The Colts will happily exchange him for Wentz...or just give you Wentz for nothing lol.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts fan here. You have lost 3 straight playoff games where Rodgers clearly outplayed the opposing QB and many on here continue to put a lot of the blame on him. In nearly every game a QB will miss a few throws or not make the best read. The "GOAT" had many in his recent loss as well and would've put in an awful performance if the Rams didn't tell the 2016 Falcons to hold their beer and gift him multiple TDs. Rodgers is statistically a top 5 QB all-time in the playoffs (maybe only 2nd to Mahomes at this time) and many on here think he's trash in the postseason. If you're super bowl strategy is to not protect your qb and expect him to have 3-4 straight flawless performances, you will rarely if ever win it all.

His last 2 possessions were bad (he and MLF deserve blame) but he was 19-25 for 221 yds on their 1st 8 possessions. Many dumb people thought the packers had an advantage because of the weather. The packers one advantage over the 49ers was passing the football and that is hindered when it's 0 degrees with snow coming in the 2nd half. The O-line gave up 5 sacks, a ton of pressures, 2 penalties, and paved the way for a whopping 3.4 yds/carry. Here's a quick breakdown of the packers drives.

Drive 1 - TD
Drive 3 - nothing, punt
Drive 6 - long pass to Jones who unnecessarily spins and doesn't get out of bounds so last TO wasted, sack, blocked FG

His teammates mistakes turned 4 potential scoring drives into 10 points. This was a game of who did the little things right and that was the 49ers. Rodgers honestly had a decent game considering the weather, lack of run game, and lack of protection. The Colts will happily exchange him for Wentz...or just give you Wentz for nothing lol.
Sometimes an outside perspective is the clearest.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Drive 1 - TD
Drive 3 - nothing, punt

Whew. Glad you cleared that up for us.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be because his response was spot on.
And the fact that our chances of winning would have gone up dramatically if Rodgers had not tried to play hero ball on the last offensive play is spot on as well.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the fact that our chances of winning would have gone up dramatically if Rodgers had not tried to play hero ball on the last offensive play is spot on as well.
yep… both things are true. Rodgers is human and he does make mistakes. He is also one of the best QBs to have played the game.

Members online

Latest posts