Studs Duds Brown's edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep quoting stats all you want .... Here is one for you.. 0-13...

And here's another one in the 4th quarter + OT: Packers 20 Browns 0.
That doesn't happen without Hundley stepping it up. Your inability to recognize achievement where it exists is exactly why your credibility and objectivity have a zero rating.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: McCarthy for leaving 3 points on the field halfway through the 3rd quarter. This game should not have gone to OT.
HaHa C-D for being way out of position way too often (possibly Capers' fault?)

Studs: McCarthy for not challenging the wrong play and challenging the correct one on the Browns final possession.
Randall
Matthews
Davis

Reaction score
have you actually watched Hundley throw the ball?... unless he is throwing it underneath for 0-5 yards he is off target almost every time. Nobody is claiming that the Packers defense is acceptable... but to try and make the argument that Hundley is a stud ???? like I said... lmao.
How many yards was the clutch throw that sealed the second consecutive OT Win again??
There are only 4 QBs in the league in 2017 who have thrown for the same or less attempts and have more 20+ yards completions than Hundleys (17)
Of those QBs there is only 1 of those 4 who also can boast a higher overall completion percentage (Aaron Rodgers)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here's another one in the 4th quarter + OT: Packers 20 Browns 0.
That doesn't happen without Hundley stepping it up. Your inability to recognize achievement where it exists is exactly why your credibility and objectivity have a zero rating.
lol .... my credibility is doing just fine. And while I'll give you props for many of your posts... From what I've seen they follow a pretty predictable path. Maybe you haven't been following along or maybe you just missed the point, but if you are truly looking for objectivity, you might try it. I actually watched the entire game twice today. I do recognize the places where Hundley did well... I also see where he is lacking. I am certainly glad the Packers found a way to win the game, but I most definitely am not willing to give him a stud for this game. However .... if you look you will not see me having given him a dud either. My original statement simply said that beating a team that has not won a game in OT is not something I'm ready to hand out a stud rating for. I could go on... but it's not really necessary.... Btw as of the post just prior to this .... my + rating is +891 after 1232 posts.. Yours is 200 after 354.... perhaps you should criticize my credibility when you catch up. We don't have to agree... but your vitriolic defense of Hundley is unecessesary.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol .... my credibility is doing just fine. And while I'll give you props for many of your posts... From what I've seen they follow a pretty predictable path. Maybe you haven't been following along or maybe you just missed the point, but if you are truly looking for objectivity, you might try it. I actually watched the entire game twice today. I do recognize the places where Hundley did well... I also see where he is lacking. I am certainly glad the Packers found a way to win the game, but I most definitely am not willing to give him a stud for this game. However .... if you look you will not see me having given him a dud either. My original statement simply said that beating a team that has not won a game in OT is not something I'm ready to hand out a stud rating for. I could go on... but it's not really necessary.... Btw as of the post just prior to this .... my + rating is +891 after 1232 posts.. Yours is 200 after 354.... perhaps you should criticize my credibility when you catch up. We don't have to agree... but your vitriolic defense of Hundley is unecessesary.
You both have opinions.

And the ratings? If my math is right, his avg per post is higher

Reaction score
not that it matters... but 200/354 = .56..... 891/1232= .72... so your your math is not....
I know that’s not directed at me but That’s the most ridiculous assertion that somehow credibility is based on our Likeability???
I’m sorry but That’s histarical! :laugh:
Thank you for the chuckle. I needed that !

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that’s not directed at me but That’s the most ridiculous assertion that somehow credibility is based on our Likeability???
I’m sorry but That’s histarical! :laugh:
Who said anything about likeability? I hit agree on many poster's posts ... that have nothing to do with whether I like or dislike them. In fact, I clicked agree on one of Udonta's posts in a different thread a few minutes ago.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that it matters... but 200/354 = .56..... 891/1232= .72... so your your math is not....
Was thinking the same thing but math isn’t my strong suit, being a highly successful nfl coach that just beat the snot out of the Cleveland Browns is!

Reaction score
btw. Hundley also has another 20+ yard Run and is one of 2 QBs with over a 7+ yard rushing average (20+ attempts)
D Watson 7.5 avg with 2 TDs (36 attempts)
B Hundley 7.4 avg with 2 TDs (28 attempts)

Reaction score
Who said anything about likeability? I hit agree on many poster's posts ... that have nothing to do with whether I like or dislike them. In fact, I clicked agree on one of Udonta's posts in a different thread a few minutes ago.
Oh ok. I thought you were implying our likes + agrees somehow are equivalent to our credibility.mustve misread that. That would’ve been pretty far fetched I guess. Sorry

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw. Hundley also has another 20+ yard Run and is one of 2 QBs with over a 7+ yard rushing average (20+ attempts)
D Watson 7.5 avg with 2 TDs (36 attempts)
B Hundley 7.4 avg with 2 TDs (28 attempts)
Well at this point, it is very possible that Hundley will not have to start another game for the Packers, so I hope some of those stats will give him some trade value. As I've said before, I'm not sold on Hundley, and would not give him a stud for this game, but he did make enough plays to win (barely) lol. If we can get something for him I'd be happy with that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh ok. I thought you were implying our likes + agrees somehow are equivalent to our credibility.mustve misread that. That would’ve been pretty far fetched I guess. Sorry
Equivalent might be a stretch... but without having access to the backside stats... I'm going to guess that the predominance of those ratings come from "agrees" and "disagrees". So yes I'd say there is an element of credibility in that.

H

HardRightEdge

Practice pays off.

The Packer offense practices every week against a defense that can't hold a 4th. quarter lead and close out a game, so they knew what to do.:eek:

Davis punt return was the play of the game making him the #1 stud.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: poor punts by Justin Vogel
I don't think that last one was that bad. they said the wind was really pushing things down there and it sucks it went in the endzone, but 3 yards the other way and that ball is killed inside the 1.
Dud: McCarthy for leaving 3 points on the field halfway through the 3rd quarter. This game should not have gone to OT.
HaHa C-D for being way out of position way too often (possibly Capers' fault?)

Studs: McCarthy for not challenging the wrong play and challenging the correct one on the Browns final possession.
Randall
Matthews
Davis
that Dud should go to someone else because that play call was perfect and it was set up to easily get the 1st down, and there was a good chance it was a TD if they maintain that seal. I think there was 1 guy to beat maybe to the endzone. But someone fudged up.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You both have opinions.

And the ratings? If my math is right, his avg per post is higher
Whoa, please don’t look at mine. I’m sure my postings are in Cleveland Browns territory. Would that get me the 1st draft pick?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa, please don’t look at mine. I’m sure my postings are in Cleveland Browns territory. Would that get me the 1st draft pick?
Now I don't know if I should help you by clicking ratings, or if that would screw you out of future draft pick equivalents on here? My day was going so smoothly and now this! and to top it off, I still don't know what to get my wife for Christmas after she agreed to me getting a new truck and a puppy this year! i'm not built for this pressure.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the first 9 games of this season Clay Matthews manages a paltry 3.5 sacks, an embarrassing number for a once feared pass rusher. In those first 9 games Mathews was frequently used closer to the lines interior often playing head over the OT. Then starting in week 13 against the Buccs Capers finally starts lining Matthews up outside in the 6, 7 and wide 9 tech, as night follows day Matthews explodes for 3 sacks against the Buccs 1 against the Browns and had Kizer dead to rights for a second but Kizer responded with a desperation heave for a pick as Matthews wrapped him up. If you want an indictment of Capers here's one, Capers prioritized his schemes integrity, misdirection with the possibility of stunts and twists, over the effective use of his personnel. Matthews isn't washed up, he just hasn't been used very well in the pass-rushing role of late. Adjust the scheme to let him attack from outside on obvious passing downs and not only will Matthews make more of an impact but the rest of the defense will look better as well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the first 9 games of this season Clay Matthews manages a paltry 3.5 sacks, an embarrassing number for a once feared pass rusher. In those first 9 games Mathews was frequently used closer to the lines interior often playing head over the OT. Then starting in week 13 against the Buccs Capers finally starts lining Matthews up outside in the 6, 7 and wide 9 tech, as night follows day Matthews explodes for 3 sacks against the Buccs 1 against the Browns and had Kizer dead to rights for a second but Kizer responded with a desperation heave for a pick as Matthews wrapped him up. If you want an indictment of Capers here's one, Capers prioritized his schemes integrity, misdirection with the possibility of stunts and twists, over the effective use of his personnel. Matthews isn't washed up, he just hasn't been used very well in the pass-rushing role of late. Adjust the scheme to let him attack from outside on obvious passing downs and not only will Matthews make more of an impact but the rest of the defense will look better as well.
The way I saw it; Clay got the sack and a pressure on two consecutive plays and both of them he was coming from more inside and beat the guard one on one.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Matthews, Martinez, Jones
Duds: first half defense, first three quarters offense

Hundley wasn't horrible against the Browns but he wasn't good, either. He is not an accurate passer, nor is he a good decision maker. I'd much prefer to see a veteran journeyman backup next year. QB development project can be the third stringer.

The uncomfortable truth is that the Packers nearly lost to a couple of the worst teams in the league over the past two weeks. The defense gets some of the blame, but a lot of it falls on Hundley. He's just not good enough.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I saw it; Clay got the sack and a pressure on two consecutive plays and both of them he was coming from more inside and beat the guard one on one.

I could have sworn that his sack came against the LT and happened when he started outside and came back in. His final pressure also started outside. Its not that he shouldn't be moved around the formation just that he should be given more opportunities to really attack around the edge from out wide where he can use his quickness and change of direction ability to full effect.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could have sworn that his sack came against the LT and happened when he started outside and came back in. His final pressure also started outside. Its not that he shouldn't be moved around the formation just that he should be given more opportunities to really attack around the edge from out wide where he can use his quickness and change of direction ability to full effect.
Either way I agree he looks better when he is outside to be further outside.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that one line screwed up an otherwise nice post. Absolute blasphemy on Favre.
Towards the end of his career Favre was just chucking it up there. He was never known for his accuracy on his long passes and relied heavily on his WRs adjusting the route. Sorry to burst your image, but it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts