Studs Duds Brown's edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a very nice return, but the one before that he didn't even attempt to field it hits down outside the 10 and it rolled down to like the 3? I'd need to see a replay, maybe he had no chance, but i don't remember him making any attempt to be in position to field it either. It was a great return, but his decision making back there is spotty at best.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a very nice return, but the one before that he didn't even attempt to field it hits down outside the 10 and it rolled down to like the 3? I'd need to see a replay, maybe he had no chance, but i don't remember him making any attempt to be in position to field it either. It was a great return, but his decision making back there is spotty at best.
Listened to Wayne Larivee post game analysis on the way home from a bridal shower. He said Davis told him he is to line up at the 7 not the 10 for punts. And to be a bit more aggressive in the return game. Doesn't explain letting the ball hit outside the 10 tho.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to shove his performance in the face of his haters, the nickname stays.
lmao.... we went to OT against the Browns... the offense is ridiculously limited by Hundley's abilities.... certainly nothing to brag about where Hundley is concerned.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao.... we went to OT against the Browns... the offense is ridiculously limited by Hundley's abilities.... certainly nothing to brag about where Hundley is concerned.

Against the number 6 scoring defense. We won a squeaker because our defense let the league's worst offense score 7 more than it's season average. Go back to laughing and leave the football to others.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Against the number 6 scoring defense. We won a squeaker because our defense let the league's worst offense score 7 more than it's season average. Go back to laughing and leave the football to others.
have you actually watched Hundley throw the ball?... unless he is throwing it underneath for 0-5 yards he is off target almost every time. Nobody is claiming that the Packers defense is acceptable... but to try and make the argument that Hundley is a stud ???? like I said... lmao.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have you actually watched Hundley throw the ball?... unless he is throwing it underneath for 0-5 yards he is off target almost every time. Nobody is claiming that the Packers defense is acceptable... but to try and make the argument that Hundley is a stud ???? like I said... lmao.

You made a look who they played argument without bothering to learn about the damned good defense we played today. So yeah.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Everyone stepped up late, including Hundley. He went 14-17 in the 4th quarter and OT for 89 yards and 2 TDs with a 127.7 passer rating.

I play the hater role as good as anyone, but you seem to be totally incapable of giving him even the slightest shred of credit for anything. He stepped up in the 4th quarter and OT and helped win the football game. Also picked up some yards on the ground.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You made a look who they played argument without bothering to learn about the damned good defense we played today. So yeah.
Keep quoting stats all you want .... Here is one for you.. 0-13...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone stepped up late, including Hundley. He went 14-17 in the 4th quarter and OT for 89 yards and 2 TDs with a 127.7 passer rating.

I play the hater role as good as anyone, but you seem to be totally incapable of giving him even the slightest shred of credit for anything. He stepped up in the 4th quarter and OT and helped win the football game. Also picked up some yards on the ground.
And I'm glad they did .... but I saw a lot of Williams and as you said Hundley on the ground... and very short underneath throws because he is almost incapable of hitting a receiver over the top.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is very accurate out to 15 yards. He is really good at timing slant patterns. He nails most of them. Anything over 20 yds I would yank from the playbook.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And I'm glad they did .... but I saw a lot of Williams and as you said Hundley on the ground... and very short underneath throws because he is almost incapable of hitting a receiver over the top.
One team has 15 base hits (nothing but singles) and scores 10 runs. Another team hits 5 home runs and scores 7 runs. Who wins the game?

Did he or did he not make the plays needed to win the game? Was he spectacular? No. But he made the plays needed late. Had he of not made those plays you would be ready to throw him off of a bridge, so since he actually made the plays, why not acknowledge it at least a little?

Seems as though, in yours eyes, the man has done nothing right the past several weeks. Nothing. I've not seen you say one positive thing about what he has done at any point in any game. That's unfortunate.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win is a win is a win.

The offense and Hundley had a much better 2nd half against a good defense than first half.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is very accurate out to 15 yards. He is really good at timing slant patterns. He nails most of them. Anything over 20 yds I would yank from the playbook.
That's my point... most plays over 15 yards have been mostly yanked from the paybook...as I said...he severely limits the offense.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One team has 15 base hits (nothing but singles) and scores 10 runs. Another team hits 5 home runs and scores 7 runs. Who wins the game?

Did he or did he not make the plays needed to win the game? Was he spectacular? No. But he made the plays needed late. Had he of not made those plays you would be ready to throw him off of a bridge, so since he actually made the plays, why not acknowledge it at least a little?

Seems as though, in yours eyes, the man has done nothing right the past several weeks. Nothing. I've not seen you say one positive thing about what he has done at any point in any game. That's unfortunate.
My sentiment exactly. Who could have hoped that we would win 3 games in Arods absence? Back when he got down it was only in our wildest dreams that we would still be in playoff contention when he would return, yet here we are. And its all due to mr Brett Hundley steppin up in crunch time when a lot of backups would break. Is he a NFL starter? Hell no. But he has been servicable, and I am over the moon with what he accomplished. Smh, also when GB fans starting booing him last week it sickened me.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giant stud goes to Damarious Randall.

He was matched up against Gordon most of the game (yes, with help) and allowed one catch to him.

Randall certainly has rebounded this season.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's my point... most plays over 15 yards have been mostly yanked from the paybook...as I said...he severely limits the offense.
Brett Farve also sucked beyond 20 yards.

The problem with Hundley is the play calling.

When they have to open up at the end of the game with intermediate passing, he does great. Most of the game MM is calling short passes and the defense just cheats up. Open it up the whole game and I think we see better results.

I don't know what to tell you though. Hundley looks bad at times but others he looks very impressive. And one very important thing: he has a lot of poise and is cool under pressure. You can' teach that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When they have to open up at the end of the game with intermediate passing, he does great. Most of the game MM is calling short passes and the defense just cheats up. Open it up the whole game and I think we see better results.

I don't know what to tell you though. Hundley looks bad at times but others he looks very impressive. And one very important thing: he has a lot of poise and is cool under pressure. You can' teach that.
lol. I'm going to assume you realize that the comment about Favre is silly.... As far as the play calling... I understand where you are coming from... but frankly it seems to me that every time a play is called beyond 10 yards... Hundley throws a terrible pass... so I can't blame McCarthy for calling very few of them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

It's a shame that one line screwed up an otherwise nice post. Absolute blasphemy on Favre.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He generally shows nice touch on the go routes between 25 -40 yards but he can be inconsistent here. He tends to hold these longer than he should.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs quietly had a nice game. The only name I heard on the o-line today was Evans as he was f-ing up left and right early on. Spriggs succeeding is really important to the future of this team. High pick in a position of need with almost 2 years under his belt. For him to bust would set the team back quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts