Studs Duds Brown's edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

Even if it's just to develop some projects they need to make the investment. Biegel has flashed some ability but he probably needs to add a good 10 pounds of muscle this offseason before he can become a reliable player, of course with the additional weight maybe he loses a step like Fackrell. I'd still go with BVA in rounds 1 and 2 and then maybe look for some underdeveloped but talented types in rounds 3-6.

The Packers might have to address their pass rush through free agency as the team needs to improve immediately in that area. It would most likely take a draft pick some time to have an impact.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my draft plan, round 1 future pro bowl OLB, round 2- future pro bowl DT. Round 3 probowl DB. Round 4 another probowl Tackle. 5? you guessed it, pro bowl Safety with Collins like speed and love for contact. 6? Pro bowl TE and 7th? any pro bowler will do and possible HOF candidate. Sprinkle in some pro bowl WR's with the compensatory picks and I'd call that a successful draft.
Maybe we should pick up a future GOAT QB from the undrafted free agents as well... we could stick him on the practice squad and start him in a few years if Aaron needs some time off.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers might have to address their pass rush through free agency as the team needs to improve immediately in that area. It would most likely take a draft pick some time to have an impact.

Last time we made a need selection in the first round it was Datone Jones and the year before that it was Nick Perry, neither one gave us an immediate impact. Free Agency, you're paying atleast a million per sack. The FA class isn't good either, you're looking to hope for Matthews and Perry to stay healthy and you looking at either some projects or an older contributor type. Id prefer to get players who makes the team better in rounds 1 and 2.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should pick up a future GOAT QB from the undrafted free agents as well... we could stick him on the practice squad and start him in a few years if Aaron needs some time off.
That's a pretty sound idea, i knew I was missing something. though I'd argue that could have been my wild card pick in the 7th round where I left it open to any position, as long as it was pro bowl and push for HOF candidacy. But your idea is better, why waste a 7th rounder on a QB when you already have Rodgers. Probably more prudent to use the the UDFA route at this point for future HOF QB considerations and life after Rodgers. I'm glad you guys are here to keep me level :)

D

Deleted member 6794

Last time we made a need selection in the first round it was Datone Jones and the year before that it was Nick Perry, neither one gave us an immediate impact. Free Agency, you're paying atleast a million per sack. The FA class isn't good either, you're looking to hope for Matthews and Perry to stay healthy and you looking at either some projects or an older contributor type. Id prefer to get players who makes the team better in rounds 1 and 2.

I consider the Packers drafting Clinton-Dix and King (although technically he was a second round pick) a need selection as well. While I would love the team to add an impact pass rusher in the draft a decent veteran would most likely have a bigger impact than a rookie picked outside the top 15.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my draft plan, round 1 future pro bowl OLB, round 2- future pro bowl DT. Round 3 probowl DB. Round 4 another probowl Tackle. 5? you guessed it, pro bowl Safety with Collins like speed and love for contact. 6? Pro bowl TE and 7th? any pro bowler will do and possible HOF candidate. Sprinkle in some pro bowl WR's with the compensatory picks and I'd call that a successful draft.

People here would still find a way to complain about it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this isn't the proper place to talk draft, but I love the draft.

I'm not sure I see the big need for DL like some of you do. Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Adams, + fringe guys like Dial. We're pretty set there. If there's a good one early, sure, but it's not a big need to me that I would spend an early pick on.

We have to take an Edge. Have to. Chubb will probably be gone, Harold Landry might be there, but unlikely, same with Arden Key. Clelin kid from Clemson looks good. A personal favorite of mine is Hercules Ma'atafa from Washington St. He actually plays inside and outside, but is Edge size. Great first step. We'll see how he tests, but very good production. Need, need, need an edge.

I think we need to draft a guy to replace Burnett. If DeShon Elliot is there in the 2nd, I would try to trade up for him. He's good. Probably need another CB. Maybe Levi Wallace from Bama?

What I would really like to see is an early pick on a WR. James Washington, DJ Moore is a Randall Cobb clone, Anthony Miller is a stud, there's some good wr's out there.

As for TE, it just depends. I would love to see us go out and sign Trey Burton in FA. I personally love Chris Herndon from Miami as a prospect, but he's coming off an injury. Fumigali is good, Andrews is good, guy from SDSU is good, but how early do we want to take a TE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts