Adams- impressive game
Graham - his best game as a Packer
Smith's- both with 2 sacks
King - playing his best football

Duds
Refs - how did the Packer not have possession of that fumble

Both
Pettine had defense looking great in first half. S
Didnt have answers for Wilson in the 4th.

Rodgers - made a few great passes and a bunch of okay passes. Liked how they moved Adam's to the short middle. Rodgers was throwing for the short move the chains plays.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think we can all finally agree that Adams return has really hurt the offense.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-

Aaron Rodgers - throwing dimes all over the field in clutch situations. He is Back!

Davante Adams - He made huge route adjustments and really is a deadly weapon

Jimmy Graham - the old man still has some tread on his tires and came up aces

Jace Sternberger - this surprised me, his blocking was stellar

Jaire Alexander - he played very well until Pettine called for zone, which stops no one.

Smith bros - 4 sacks and crucial sack by Preston. Huge huge energy came from Z too

Kenny Clark - showing leadership by getting on his cohorts. Really not their fault as much as it was Pettine's scheme

Amos - again nice coverage and good grit for a young player until Pettine put him out of his element.

Duds-

Pettine - not making adjustments soon enough, step on the throat of the opponent. Ridiculous zone stops no qb this deep in the playoffs. Do this at SF and get throttled.

JK Scott - choking on a crucial punt, but had a nice boomer at the beginning

Rashan Gary - growing pains needs to be more creative on his pass rush

Blake Martinez - does not pay attention to contain enough and guesses wrong a LOT. Also his zone coverage was absolutely putrid.

All in all, another ugly W but who knew? On to SF and the key here is 2 things - stopping Kittle and the run. And get Alexander on mighty mouse. I think our offense can get to SF if they spread the ball and spread the defense out. The key here is experience. Rodgers will need to show his swagger in this game and continue to throw darts. I am overjoyed by this young group. I never saw it coming. Go pack go!!

Hold on. People do realize that you pretty much have to play predominantly zone against running QBs right?

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fault the defense so much in the 2nd half. Wilson is the best player in the NFL and he took the game over like he did against SF. Plus, the Packers offense sputtered and didn't give the defense rest. They were gassed in the 4th quarter. But, with the game on the line, they got the stop with Preston's sack and Seattle never saw the ball again. Like so many times this year, they made plays when it mattered.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Please come up with a different analogy and save this for those that really have it. Cheapens the meaning when it is used for frivolous activities.

I dident know what was said was to be taken seriously.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fault the defense so much in the 2nd half. Wilson is the best player in the NFL and he took the game over like he did against SF. Plus, the Packers offense sputtered and didn't give the defense rest. They were gassed in the 4th quarter. But, with the game on the line, they got the stop with Preston's sack and Seattle never saw the ball again. Like so many times this year, they made plays when it mattered.

The Packers offense really didn't sputter. Seattle scored, Packers scored, Seattle scored, Packers didn't, Seattle scored. That is how the second half started. Packers didn't score on that one drive and did on the other. Seattle scored 3 straight. The time of possession was lopsided bc gb couldn't stop Seattle and gb scored quickly and had a 3 and out. Hard to pin too much on the offense there

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:

Blake Martinez. He was at fault for Wilson's runs and Homer's catches. Way being the play. Crucial misses which kept the chain moving.

You say that as an all encompassing statement...far from true. Blake didn't play terrible and I thought quite a few times he stuffed the run alot.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want these dude to play a COMPLETE game my God smh. It’s like the defense just completely stopped playing in the 2nd half. They allowed Seattle to score three touchdowns in a row. They will get their ***** whooped AGAIN if they pull that in San Francisco. They really need to be preaching play a FULL game all week. This is their Achilles heel all year.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want these dude to play a COMPLETE game my God smh. It’s like the defense just completely stopped playing in the 2nd half. They allowed Seattle to score three touchdowns in a row. They will get their ***** whooped AGAIN if they pull that in San Francisco. They really need to be preaching play a FULL game all week. This is their Achilles heel all year.
They still played well, damn man, Wilson is a stud.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So do you think they've been preaching " K guys. 2 quarters and a couple plays and we good" instead of a full game approach?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention a few that were not mentioned a lot.
Veldeheer. Do I remember some people saying we had Bulaga and did not really need much more?
King
Martinez...played really well in the 1st half against the run. Would have rather seen him playing a spy (look to see which way Wilson goes) and then blitz sort of position when it became obvious we could not contain Wilson very well and well, Martinez does not help that much in pass D.

Reaction score
Stud:
Rodgers to Adams
Smith Brothers n Kenny

Honorable mention:
Crosby, Burks, Sullivan, Velderheer, Marcades, Kumerow (blocking/ST), Ervin

MLF n Co and his 2019 NFC Contender GB Packers!

Dud:
FOX and Dish Network in a legal dispute

Last edited:

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson willed that team..

He almost did it
It appeared to me that Troy Aikman "willed it" more than anyone. I can't recall him being more biased in a broadcast than earlier tonight. I suppose if you pinned him down, he'd tell you that a San Fran/Seattle matchup is what was really on his mind. His partner was right about one thing though...Russell Wilson did have the team on his shoulders tonight. All in all, a good football game was played by both teams.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D can't stop a running QB... which is nice b/c Lamar Jackson and the Ravens are knocked out...and now so are the Seahawks.

I think AR "getting hot" and looking like his old self will be HUGE for us going forward

Thank goodness Jimmy Garoppolo isn't a scrambler...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What the hell happened to the defence 2nd half ?

Special stud shout to Jimmy Graham.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Why am I not surprised by you ???? Why don`t you go and follow another team for **** sake ?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell happened to the defence 2nd half ?

Lot's of running around, chasing Wilson which tired the hell out of everyone. Seems like on a 5-6 minute drive that a typical drive has what.. a minute of action on the field. Seems like on the Seahawks drive that the amount of on field activity was double/triple that. Just drained them.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - first half
Duds - second half

was a rather frustrating and stressful second half to watch, but overall a positive performance. my biggest problem was at one point there was a graphic on-screen that said Adams was targeted 45% of the time, we still need to spread it about a bit more. I know we're lacking in wr talent, but it worked while adams was out injured

Some vintage AR throws
Some great Adams catches
As others have said, probably Grahams best game for GB
JK, apart from 1 punt that also took a bad bounce for us
Jones again

Biggest issue, in the second half especially was being unable to contain wilson scrambling, as someone said in the shoutbox, he always goes to his right yet he regulalrly had lots of space to burn us

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy Packer fan here. On pins/needles at the end, but I will take being in the conference championship, no matter how we got there.

I was disappointed in the run game, but it was just good enough to make play action effective. OL did not adjust for a few DL stunts but only 2 sacks, so again, just good enough. King missed an interception that would have been timely.

Refs, what the? Completely inconsistent in spotting the ball. The fumble bumble. Wagner pushes Jones back about 15 yards after the whistle and then throws him on the ground. Lockett literally throws Alexander to the ground in the end zone for a TD catch and that's not OPI, but OPI against Lazard for half-hearted pick.

Aikman is so biased against the Packers it makes me want to watch with the sound off. Literally rooting Seattle in the second half. I think he had his mic routed to Carroll's head set.

Big positive - I did not see any disunity with the Packers at all. Rodgers was encouraging his teammates, not criticizing. And really like the way Clark was challenging the defense at the end. Wilson is one tough cookie to get on the ground and it would have been easy for the defense to get discouraged, but they didn't. Just kept working away.

Can't wait for next Sunday. I've seen playoff wins many times over teams that won the same matchup lopsidedly in the regular season. That's going to happen this time as well. Titans-Packers in the SB.