2024 draft discussion thread

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Like the Cooper pick, but would have preferred a CB tbh! Not too disappointed though!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweat and johnson-powers were monsters in the interior lines.... I wanted them both with our 2nd round picks. But I guess no use crying over it now.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both players they picked so far are instant starters.
But are they as good as what they could have had?. Again in the long run I don't have any doubt in Gute. My question is it for just doing enough to get double-digit wins, in the playoffs and in the conversation every year again. Get inpact players and get over the hump.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other side of things, again professing my faith in Gute, he obviously wasn't as high on some of the guys I was looking at as I was. In retrospect the first round pick is probably going to be a very good one. Fits everything the Packers like in an offensive lineman. The mix and match versatility is there the athleticism is there and from everything I've heard or read the character is there too. Again I'm going to wait and see y'all forgive me for my frustration here

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I absolutely love this draft so far. Addressing the serious needs first with young, athletic players that can start right away. No question marks. Hear me out on Cooper DeJean. I absolutely love that player, but there are some question marks in how you use him. I am not positive the Packers ever wanted him. I feel they leaked the information that they wanted him early today to ensure another team jumps ahead of them to take him. If they really wanted him, they would have traded up for him. They have all the draft power to do that. Something tells me, they know something we don't.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other side of things, again professing my faith in Gute, he obviously wasn't as high on some of the guys I was looking at as I was. In retrospect the first round pick is probably going to be a very good one. Fits everything the Packers like in an offensive lineman. The mix and match versatility is there the athleticism is there and from everything I've heard or read the character is there too. Again I'm going to wait and see y'all forgive me for my frustration here
Frustrated over what? Gutey picked 2 starters, guys he had high on his board. I would trust him and his scouts, over any armchair gm!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's start to look ahead to 58 or even a possible trade up. DBs I like, Rakestraw, Hicks, Bishop. Not a fan of this but they did have M. Hall in for a visit. Is it too soon to double up at OL. Suamatala, Rosengarten, Puni or maybe even Frazier. Here's my out of the box one. Double up at LB with Colson.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get inpact players and get over the hump.

Who says they aren't? Just because player X is rated higher on some board means absolutely nothing. Many of these guys will probably not work out.

Getting Xavier and Jacobs in FA means they are looking for impact players to get over the hump.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love this draft so far. Addressing the serious needs first with young, athletic players that can start right away. No question marks. Hear me out on Cooper DeJean. I absolutely love that player, but there are some question marks in how you use him. I am not positive the Packers ever wanted him. I feel they leaked the information that they wanted him early today to ensure another team jumps ahead of them to take him. If they really wanted him, they would have traded up for him. They have all the draft power to do that. Something tells me, they know something we don't.
Interesting take and worthy of some thought. Its almost as if they were dangling him out there as bait. Are they going to take him or not. Better jump up and get ahead of them. Pushes the guys you are really interested in down.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's start to look ahead to 58 or even a possible trade up. DBs I like, Rakestraw, Hicks, Bishop. Not a fan of this but they did have M. Hall in for a visit. Is it too soon to double up at OL. Suamatala, Rosengarten, Puni or maybe even Frazier. Here's my out of the box one. Double up at LB with Colson.
Colson, maybe Kneeland?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I like Bishop, Adisa Issac and Malachi Corley as a dark horse.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very well thought out. It's just that we will never know if they wanted to trade up but the cost was too much. Can't trade without a trade partner.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concern is who's the other safety? So you got a big time free agent who maybe gets minimalized because he has to keep covering for the rookies mistakes. My Hope is that after the draft they sign Simmons