1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seahawks stud n duds

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jan 12, 2020.

1. fix8ed

fix8ed Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I believe Aikman wanted the Seahawks to win the game and made no secret of it in the 2nd half. He is usually more circumspect but not this time. You know, you don't have to blurt out blatant "go get em Seahawks" to exhibit favoritism over the course of a game. But it might just be a giveaway when you are throwing the challenge flag before even Pete Carroll on the Jimmy Graham catch. If Aikman paid any attention to the original live camera shot, he would have seen that it was clearly a 1st down and would have said immediately that the marker lines were off on the replays. Notably, his booth partner had a lot less to say.
    You know, I could put up with most of this nonsense , but we got to hear far more about the disappointing end of the season for the great Russell Wilson than we did about the two clutch throws by Rodgers to close out this game. Stuff like this leaves a bad taste In your mouth even after big win.

2. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, I'm sure he was on the sidelines throwing back some beers and watching The Mandalorian on his phone.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. milani

milani Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just need a way to get are OTHER receivers going.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Haven't read the rest of the answers yet, but what I saw was that the way we were getting pressure was almost always from our outside linebackers (especially Za'darius) trying to beat his man on the inside and so it was easy for Wilson to roll out and out of their reach. Which is why I said previously that Matinez should have been spying in the 2nd half and after Wilson decides which way to scramble...then blitz. But too often the pass rushers were almost clogging each other up and then Wilson just rolled to the side.

5. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It is rather funny how fans react to Aikman and Buck. On another forum I regularly post on has fans of all 32 teams and after every game these 2 do on FOX posters will complain that Buck and Aikman are biased towards the other team. These announcers try to be neutral. However, everyone says Aikman should NOT do Cowboys games. Try as he might he can't help but show a preference for Dallas.

6. JBarn54

JBarn54 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
  7. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
  8. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

While that is true, butthurt fans won't see it that way....They'll just gripe about the officiating and insist their team was cheated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sky King

Sky King 158.3

Packer Fan Since:
    Did anyone else notice a curious view of Graham that was briefly shown during the double review of the play? There were lines akin to crosshairs, light gray in color, and which showed Graham had been downed beyond the intersection of those lines. The view was taken from the opposite angle that was used on the broadcast. I have never seen a perspective in crosshairs before that particular review. It would reinforce Do7's picture above that showed the yellow line was not projected on the field accurately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Greg Burzynski

Greg Burzynski Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    for the spot of the Graham catch, I was listening to SiriusXM channel 88 with Brady Quinn and Charlie Weis. Brady explained that the official line to gain marker was on the opposite side of the field, away from the catch. By going off that marker the catch was good for first down. The yellow line is never right,, it is some IT guy doing his best to project the line for the TV broadcast.

You would think the NFL would have the tech to insert/implant sensors to make the yellow line more accurate. Like the laser designator that the military uses to paint a target for laser guided munitions. I have used those lasers to bring the rain on the bad guys,, and they are spot on.

11. Zad Fnark

Zad Fnark Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe a reflector on the 1st down marker would help.

12. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Have to agree with you. And Wilson has been doing that all season, even through some devastating injuries to starters.

He has other abilities - notably to extend plays with his legs and then find open receivers with his arm, all while exhausting the D. He’s a very valuable player, and if it weren’t for Lamar Jackson, I think Wilson would be this year’s MVP.

He can’t be stopped entirely, but the Packers did a great job of holding him in check, and not giving him the ball back in the last 3 minutes.

13. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I have no idea who he wanted to win or if he even cared. I saw the game but didn't notice any bias, although I don't really like listening to his commentary. Maybe because I remember all those Cowboy games in the '90s that we lost.

Anyway, in the second half the Seahawks were mounting a comeback, it's no surprise that they would try to sell the excitement of that. At that point, that was the most interesting story. As for the Graham catch, I've noticed they try to stir up some controversy whenever they can. Sensationalism and all. I thought it was a first down from what I saw. Even Skip Bayless had no problem with the call. Let Pete Carroll challenge the call, better for us that he lose the timeout.

14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It's why they gave it to him. We saw a broadcast camera shot from behind the first down marker. You can be pretty sure the reviewers saw that too. Maybe we should thank Belichick. He's the one who stumped for more cameras. ;)

15. milani

milani Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    And an insurance agent.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Go rewatch all the games...that’ll occupy you. Have a nice day