Seahawks stud n duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - first half
Duds - second half

was a rather frustrating and stressful second half to watch, but overall a positive performance. my biggest problem was at one point there was a graphic on-screen that said Adams was targeted 45% of the time, we still need to spread it about a bit more. I know we're lacking in wr talent, but it worked while adams was out injured

Some vintage AR throws
Some great Adams catches
As others have said, probably Grahams best game for GB
JK, apart from 1 punt that also took a bad bounce for us
Jones again

Biggest issue, in the second half especially was being unable to contain wilson scrambling, as someone said in the shoutbox, he always goes to his right yet he regulalrly had lots of space to burn us

Wilson does this to everybody. Thank god Jimmy G next Sunday isn't a scrambler.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Aikman is so biased against the Packers it makes me want to watch with the sound off. Literally rooting Seattle in the second half. I think he had his mic routed to Carroll's head set.
I really try my best not to say much about the commentating because I'm generally biased as a Packers fan, but Aikman was unbearable for most of the game. Clearly rooting against the Packers. It was noticeable to anyone with ears.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really try my best not to say much about the commentating because I'm generally biased as a Packers fan, but Aikman was unbearable for most of the game. Clearly rooting against the Packers. It was noticeable to anyone with ears.
Examples.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy Packer fan here. On pins/needles at the end, but I will take being in the conference championship, no matter how we got there.

I was disappointed in the run game, but it was just good enough to make play action effective. OL did not adjust for a few DL stunts but only 2 sacks, so again, just good enough. King missed an interception that would have been timely.

Refs, what the? Completely inconsistent in spotting the ball. The fumble bumble. Wagner pushes Jones back about 15 yards after the whistle and then throws him on the ground. Lockett literally throws Alexander to the ground in the end zone for a TD catch and that's not OPI, but OPI against Lazard for half-hearted pick.

Aikman is so biased against the Packers it makes me want to watch with the sound off. Literally rooting Seattle in the second half. I think he had his mic routed to Carroll's head set.

Big positive - I did not see any disunity with the Packers at all. Rodgers was encouraging his teammates, not criticizing. And really like the way Clark was challenging the defense at the end. Wilson is one tough cookie to get on the ground and it would have been easy for the defense to get discouraged, but they didn't. Just kept working away.

Can't wait for next Sunday. I've seen playoff wins many times over teams that won the same matchup lopsidedly in the regular season. That's going to happen this time as well. Titans-Packers in the SB.

I don't think Wagner pushed Jones to the ground but the refs missed a few for sure. I found it incredible they said nobody recovered that fumble even tho one of our guys handed the zebra the ball afterwards. Did they say a seahawk recovered that fumble? And what in the hell was going on when they were reviewing the last catch by Graham? They were reviewing "additional footage"?

Aikman didn't bother me as much as he usually does. He had a lot of good things to say about our guys. He has to say good things about both teams and in the second half Wilson was running wild exhausting our guys like he does to everybody else. It is kinda funny how fans of every team he and Buck call carp about how biased they both are to the other team. lol

Last edited:

Swagger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're wound up this morning aren't you?

I cannot remember direct quotes, but it was snide commentary throughout the game. It was irritating.

What do you/others think of the Romo?

I generally like him except when the Patriots play - he can't stop riding Brady's jock but apart from that I think he's great value and as objective as any of them.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs 1st half Rodgers, adams, Jimmy, defense...no duds

Duds 2nd half studs..one series rodgers and adams..Jimmy graham..

duds rest of the half entire team.

Huge issues..it's a win..but seattle wanted it so much more
I guess so but St. Vincent decided to step in at the end.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
much of the year i've had the volume down for much of the game. Kids are too loud to hear it anyway. I find myself enjoying the game more the less I hear people talk.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong..

Non call was right
I'm glad someone found the video. Wagner actually pushed Jones all the way back to the 15 yard line when forward progress was stopped at the 1. Malicious? No, I don't think so. A penalty? Yes, in my opinion. Hard to hear a whistle? Maybe, but the other players all seemed to hear it. Wagner knew he had gone too far when he immediately pleaded for leniency with the ref. It was the ref who helped Jones up while holding Wagner away along with a second ref. I've seen dead ball fouls called for less.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

In the end, it was immaterial since we scored on the next play, but could have been first down instead of third.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad someone found the video. Wagner actually pushed Jones all the way back to the 15 yard line when forward progress was stopped at the 1. Malicious? No, I don't think so. A penalty? Yes, in my opinion. Hard to hear a whistle? Maybe, but the other players all seemed to hear it. Wagner knew he had gone too far when he immediately pleaded for leniency with the ref. It was the ref who helped Jones up while holding Wagner away along with a second ref. I've seen dead ball fouls called for less.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

In the end, it was immaterial since we scored on the next play, but could have been first down instead of third.

Your biasness is showing through you interpretation of what you're choosing to see.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you/others think of the Romo?

I generally like him except when the Patriots play - he can't stop riding Brady's jock but apart from that I think he's great value and as objective as any of them.
Love Romo as an announcer. So funny when he role played the convo between Reid and Kelce. Kelce got hurt and wanted back in the game, but Reid wasn't convinced. He is very good at explaining football theory without getting too wonky.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What the hell happened to the defence 2nd half ?

Special stud shout to Jimmy Graham.

Wilson threw the ball or carried the ball 14 times in the first half. In the 2nd, he threw or ran the ball 24 times. I feel that was the main difference-- Seattle was forced to unleash him and the Packers had to survive the onslaught.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am personally delighted not only by the Packers win, but by the fact that Seahawks fans are going to feel they got hosed by the referees.

How does it feel to be on the other side of that?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wilson threw the ball or carried the ball 14 times in the first half. In the 2nd, he threw or ran the ball 24 times. I feel that was the main difference-- Seattle was forced to unleash him and the Packers had to survive the onslaught.
Baffles me how they run that offense. They use Russell Wilson almost as a last resort. I'll gladly take it -- but for the life of me don't understand it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Baffles me how they run that offense. They use Russell Wilson almost as a last resort. I'll gladly take it -- but for the life of me don't understand it.

They went three and out at one point by choosing to give Marshawn Lynch three straight carries. Oof.

Reaction score
He has improved in last few weeks.

Maybe coaches altered his responsibility?
It’s interesting. I’ve noticed we do better when they send him up the gut on the blitz. It forces him to attack verses doing the AJ Hawk and backpedaling.
Martinez had some nice plays, but there’s no question he’s a detriment in pass coverage over the middle.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am personally delighted not only by the Packers win, but by the fact that Seahawks fans are going to feel they got hosed by the referees.

How does it feel to be on the other side of that?
They didn't approve of being given the ball back on a turnover to start the game?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't approve of being given the ball back on a turnover to start the game?

I'm sure they have forgotten all about that. All they are going to remember is the perception that the referee gave Jimmy Graham a favorable spot to ice the game....

If it bothers some of them all off-season, I won't be too broken up about it.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If people want to blame someone, blame Fox for having the LOS so far out. They even said that the LOS isn't necessarily accurate.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're wound up this morning aren't you?

I cannot remember direct quotes, but it was snide commentary throughout the game. It was irritating.
No...but I've seen this numerous times..

But no one can actually give examples..I never think he is a packer hater..

Did you know cowboy fans started a petition to stop him from being on their games?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Pettine did nothing to contain him

I kind of understand Pettine wanting to rely on just his front 4 to both rush and contain Wilson, I noticed our youngish secondary players had a habit of well making weird drops and often enough wound up not covering anyone.

Studs:

Third down offense
Davante Adams

Duds:

Yellow Weasel.

Members online

Latest posts