Seahawks stud n duds

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wagner pushes Jones back about 15 yards after the whistle and then throws him on the ground.

Wasn't true at all, watch it again if you can. Wagner was attempting to slow and lift up Aaron at that point, Aaron fell he was not at all thrown.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In defense of the defense: Seattle got away with a buttload of holdings in the 2nd half. Pass rush was extremely close all the time but the holdings gave Wilson the .1 seconds to escape. There were extremely obvious holdings not called, which made me angry. Refs were once again utterly useless for both teams. Gb didnt play often with a spy like they did last game vs Wilson and it showed. But they contained the rest of the offense pretty well. Seattle is no amateur team, people seem to forget. They are a really good team and GB did a good job in holding them low. Yeah, the game was a close one once again, but it wasnt dirty.

Studs:
Rodgers had a vintage performance yesterday. Running game wasnt as productive as we are used too but Rodgers came in clutch multiple times. These 3rd down throws were insane
Veldheer once again came in and played his *** off. I was scared when I heard that Bulaga is out but Jared did one hell of a job.
Adams was toying with the defense every time. His route running is insanely good. Those were some of the best routes I have seen
Smith Bros once again brought hell over the opponents Oline and pressured the QB very often.
Jimmy G had a really really good game and showed what Packers saw in him when he got the big contract: Safe hands, hard to tackle and a gigantic target for Rodgers to hit. Sadly he doesnt produce like this on a regular basis.
MLF for having a perfect gameplan in the first half. Seattle had no chance. Still has to work on adjustments but the gameplan was a beauty.

Duds:
Refs as I explained before.
JK Scott had a solid game but he needs to get some consistency. That last punt was bad and really dangerous for the team. Thank god the defense stepped up.

I once again dont get the hate Blake gets. He had a really good game imho. He was very good in the running game. His weakness( pass defense) wont get better all of a sudden but I cant think of one big play he gave up all by himself. He also had 1,2 mistakes when he was the spy for Wilson but Wilson is just a beast. Although I dont quite understand why Fackrell wasnt the spy cuz he did so damn well in the last game against seattle.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mercedes Lewis made some crushing blocks.
Martinez was actually bringing some wood in the 1st half. Love to see that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martinez was actually bringing some wood in the 1st half. Love to see that.

But....yet many already have their minds made up on Martinez and how he will play in a game before a snap occurs. I actually thought he had one of his better games all season honestly.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't true at all, watch it again if you can. Wagner was attempting to slow and lift up Aaron at that point, Aaron fell he was not at all thrown.
Disagree. Wasn't a hard throw, but definitely extended his arms and pushed him. This all occurred at around the 10 or 12 yard line way after the whistle was blown at about the 1 yard line.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But....yet many already have their minds made up on Martinez and how he will play in a game before a snap occurs. I actually thought he had one of his better games all season honestly.
He has improved in last few weeks.

Maybe coaches altered his responsibility?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been playing better the past month or so. Didn't focus on him specifically last night much, but overall his level of play has improved later in the season thankfully. wouldn't have many complaints if this is how he always played.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree. Wasn't a hard throw, but definitely extended his arms and pushed him. This all occurred at around the 10 or 12 yard line way after the whistle was blown at about the 1 yard line.

I know precisely which play and where it occurred and you could tell from Wagner's body language immediately during the fall and after that there was no throw. Sorry just 100% disagree.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all know who the studs are,,,but the biggest dud IMO,is Pettine!!! He did not make any adjustments in the 2nd half, he just rode on the big lead. They ran, threw to the right the entire second half. And why did he continually allow Wilson to run like he did?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
we all know who the studs are,,,but the biggest dud IMO,is Pettine!!! He did not make any adjustments in the 2nd half, he just rode on the big lead. They ran, threw to the right the entire second half. And why did he continually allow Wilson to run like he did?
No adjustments

What Def were they playing in 1st hallf?

What we're they playing in 2nd hallf?

No one answer other then guacamole...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lift up?

Re watch..maybe some beers clouded sight?

Wagner clearly lifts up his attack and legs inadvertently trip Jones. There is zero throwing down or malicious intent here.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wagner clearly lifts up his attack and legs inadvertently trip Jones. There is zero throwing down or malicious intent here.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It's gone

But I was defending you..but quoted wrong guy

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wrong..

Non call was right

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was way at the other end of the field, crowd of course voiced displeasure, but it didn't look too bad other than whistle was blown and he kept driving backwards.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The video I shared I guess is now gone. It is very clear Wagner pulls hands up and off...then Jones and his feet connect and Jones goes down. I'll try and find another video option.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it has been said, but MLF trusting Rodgers and not going full run game in the 2nd half especially the last drive. From the punt with 5 minutes left...the defensive stop, the plays Rodgers made. Absolutely fantastic.

Next week is a different animal, but the last 5 minutes of that game they matched Wilson's will to win and drove it into the ground. Feed off that energy.

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
entire team first half
Smith bros
Rodgers
Adams
Graham
Run defense (clark/Martinez etc)
1st half offensive play calling

Duds
Coaches, the offensive play calling went into a shell and the defensive play calling besides the corner blitz on the 2 pt conversion lacked creativity. It worked for one half but it almost resulted in another heart breaking Seattle comeback.

Also I think the no call on Wagner when he drove Jones back and Jones fell was correct. He didn't slam him and it's common for players not to hear the whistle considering it was a goal line play with plenty of crowd noise.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about the other close games this year? Against guys who aren’t “studs”.? I’ll wait
Rodell at this point it's not about style points. Rodgers even said we'll win ugly all the way to The Superbowl and if that's what it takes so be it. At this point the concept is winning, by whatever means necessary. No we're the sexiest, but still we're 1 game away from the big dance, and 2 games from glory. I understand your concern, and I do share them to an extent, but it's someone else said, you want style points go watch figure skating. We have a week to prepare for San Fran, I'm sure Rodgers and company know the challenge at hand San Fran will bring and will be ready to answer it.

Members online

Latest posts