Predict the final record competition

cheesehead1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This D really needs to step up for a change. Like what they've done in the offseason so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reaction score
11-5
36 TDs
NFC Title game
14th

This is an extremely low passing # for this Receiving, top heavy O unit. However, I'm reading between the lines (no pun) and expecting MM to stay the course at formulating a running attack to take some pressure off AR. Don't expect #12 to be our leading rusher in week 8 this year. There will be a renewed sense of urgency to give us better balance Offensively and they will do this by testing Ty and Co early and often.

IMO we are 1 additional stud LB, 1 more formidable DE/DT and 1 more year of seasoning for the young guys in this Defense away from a top 10 D or so.
If we stay on the approach of using FA to bolster the D unit and combine that with the 11+ draft picks in 2018, we should be able to turn the tide and at least get to the SB next year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This D really needs to step up for a change. Like what they've done in the offseason so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I like the moves Thompson made on offense as well but I'm skepetical the defense is significantly improved though.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5
NFC Championship Game

I was going to say divisional round, but 11-5 will probably get us a bye, so I don't want to see us lose a game at home.
We were 10-6 last year, so I figure they should do better. 42 TDs would be the second highest total Rodgers has had, but I think the new TEs will help. Expect the defense to improve, a little, with the new guys and the secondary more experienced.

Brian Purdy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3
Home Field Through Playoffs. Gets revenge on Falcons. Beat Kansas City in Super Bowl.
Top 5 defense, Capers leaves for College Head Coaching gig

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
13-3
Home Field Through Playoffs. Gets revenge on Falcons. Beat Kansas City in Super Bowl.
Top 5 defense, Capers leaves for College Head Coaching gig
How many TD's will Rodgers throw in the regular season? Where will the team finish in the top 5 in defense? #1? 2, 3, 4, or 5?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There so much optimism about our defence....so many predictions on us being in Top 10 in points allowed.

Brian Purdy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the addition of Bennett and Kendrick opening the middle of the field, Rodgers will throw 52 TD passes. Capers has to get away from Nickel and Dime packages and attack from the base. Get pressure on the QB and stop the run. He schemes prevent because he doesn't trust his CBS. In 2010, the Pack had an attacking defense that was top 5. They will be 5th.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Capers has to get away from Nickel and Dime packages and attack from the base.
I am not going to derail this thread again except to say this. DC's 2-4-5 IS his base defense. What you consider base is the 3-4-4 which Capers deploys as his stop the run defense. We have plenty of other threads hijacked or created to discuss this. Find one and use it.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Only 12 out of 22 predicting a Super Bowl victory. Wheres the optimism :(

D

Deleted member 6794

There so much optimism about our defence....so many predictions on us being in Top 10 in points allowed.

In my opinion it's completely unrealistic to expect the defense to finish in the top 10 in points allowed.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it's completely unrealistic to expect the defense to finish in the top 10 in points allowed.

Agree. We've not dont anything significant there. Added some more but not really sure how they'll perform. And CBs, I shudder to think of that position.

scotto_25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4 with a loss in the NFC champ game. More stability in the back field will make passing lanes that much more open this year with Nelson, Cobb, and Adams causing a commotion down field.

Reaction score
I'm going to make two here, because my packers brain and my cynical brain are fighting really badly over this one. You don't have to count either if you don't want to since I'm pretty flagrantly violating your rules.
Happy-Packers-Are-Awesome-Brain-Prediction
11-5
Divisional Round
19th

Angry-Our-Defense-Is-A-House-Of-Cards-And-We-Are-Doomed-Brain-Prediction
9-7
Wildcard Loss
27th

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Guess I'll go ahead and take a stab...

With Rodgers talking about the need to host the NFC championship game, I'm to assume that he's dedicating extra focus to coming out of the gates firing. With the added weapons at tight end, and the what could only be an improved running game, I'm led to believe that this offense is going to put up insane numbers. I'm still very skeptical about this defense, but with the way the team is stacked on offense, I think we can roll out to a #1 seed.

I don't see the Packers losing a home game this season, although I have concerns about the Baltimore game which I expressed when the schedule came out. I still feel like that could be the trap game of the season.

The optimist in me says:

13-3 record
Rodgers 46 TD's
SB champs
16th points allowed

I'm going to say that rolling out to a #1 seed, and playing playoff games at Lambeau will make all of the difference this time around.

Packers over Patriots. Brady passes the torch.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess I'll go ahead and take a stab...

With Rodgers talking about the need to host the NFC championship game, I'm to assume that he's dedicating extra focus to coming out of the gates firing. With the added weapons at tight end, and the what could only be an improved running game, I'm led to believe that this offense is going to put up insane numbers. I'm still very skeptical about this defense, but with the way the team is stacked on offense, I think we can roll out to a #1 seed.

I don't see the Packers losing a home game this season, although I have concerns about the Baltimore game which I expressed when the schedule came out. I still feel like that could be the trap game of the season.

The optimist in me says:

13-3 record
Rodgers 46 TD's
SB champs
16th points allowed

I'm going to say that rolling out to a #1 seed, and playing playoff games at Lambeau will make all of the difference this time around.

Packers over Patriots. Brady passes the torch.
This is my dream

Members online

Latest posts