Predict the final record competition - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game. I did not remember the early 14-0 lead, although I'm sure most Packer fans were assured of victory. Well they were right, but it was a little more exciting than most of us thought.

And yeah, I'll take a cohesive team over an individual's talent any day. Look at Dan Marino. An incredibly gifted QB but without a team around him. Even Bart Starr needed Jerry Kramer on that cold, cold day at Lambeau.
Yes. Starr hit Dowler on a long one and we were up 14-0. We may not have ran up the score but we should have had a smooth win. The Cowboys could not move the ball at all and had several turnovers. But we helped them. Starr took a sack and fumbled for 7. Then Willie Wood muffed a punt and it is 14-10 at half. The Boys scored on a trick play to put us behind the 8 ball. But Lombardi overcame as he almost always did.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Starr hit Dowler on a long one and we were up 14-0. We may not have ran up the score but we should have had a smooth win. The Cowboys could not move the ball at all and had several turnovers. But we helped them. Starr took a sack and fumbled for 7. Then Willie Wood muffed a punt and it is 14-10 at half. The Boys scored on a trick play to put us behind the 8 ball. But Lombardi overcame as he almost always did.
It was a gutsy call. Play to win. Lombardi and the guys who played for him didn't know any other way. Too bad he wasn't around for the NFCCG last year......

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Very creative Z! Coloring outside the lines. I like that. And you're probably spot on with that range. I think that's outside the contest rules, but you win for creativity.
I'd feel safe wagering quite a bit of money on somewhere between 11-15 wins.

If only it were that easy.

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL sorry

TEXPAC : 13- 4
Super Bowl Champions
TB 1 - 3
TB 2 - 4

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd feel safe wagering quite a bit of money on somewhere between 11-15 wins.

If only it were that easy.
Yeah these kind of bets are usually sold as over/under. The current Vegas line for the Packers is 10 wins.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah these kind of bets are usually sold as over/under. The current Vegas line for the Packers is 10 wins.
That is what I have down as well. Any more is gravy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what I have down as well. Any more is gravy.
It's really a hard season to predict. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win 10. The schedule is hard, the DL and ILB groups are pretty much unchanged, meaning they aren't very good outside Kenny Clark. I'm not crazy about Cobb taking up a WR spot so I hope he and his buddy Rodgers prove me wrong. Two rookies starting on the O line (which is usually a good thing in GB thanks to the position coaching). Hopefully Stokes can replace the awful King sooner rather than later.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they won 12 games. More than that just doesn't seem likely. I know they are ranked among the top 4 teams, but that's not worth much. They still have to produce and Rodgers' off-season antics didn't help. Oh well, we have what we have. This might be the last serious SB run for a few years. Enjoy and Go Pack!

Reaction score
Wow that’s low.
My gut tells me it should be 11-12 Wins area based on the last 2 seasons records morphed with an extra regular season game this season, plus a slightly tougher schedule. I’d be shocked if we lost 7 games anyway.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really a hard season to predict. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win 10. The schedule is hard, the DL and ILB groups are pretty much unchanged, meaning they aren't very good outside Kenny Clark. I'm not crazy about Cobb taking up a WR spot so I hope he and his buddy Rodgers prove me wrong. Two rookies starting on the O line (which is usually a good thing in GB thanks to the position coaching). Hopefully Stokes can replace the awful King sooner rather than later.

At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they won 12 games. More than that just doesn't seem likely. I know they are ranked among the top 4 teams, but that's not worth much. They still have to produce and Rodgers' off-season antics didn't help. Oh well, we have what we have. This might be the last serious SB run for a few years. Enjoy and Go Pack!
Maybe quite a few years.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be quite a few years milani. We've been so spoiled, with two HOF QBs for 30 years. That's not gonna happen again for any team in a long time. It's been a terrific run with a few clunkers. For the most part, we've had a real team to cheer for well into January in a lot of years. Not many other fans have experienced that.

What I'm hoping is that GB goes forward after this year with an emphasis on defense. Not very likely as MLF is an offensive-first coach. I'm just a big believer that D wins championships, and last year's SB is an example. If they can get a number of decent draft picks for Rodgers, assuming they trade him after this season, and if Love at least becomes a competent game manager, then use the picks to start building an elite D. The offense is pretty well set for a little while (well, assuming they can hang onto Adams).

With a solid D, Love, or whoever takes over at QB, would not have to be a HOF candidate. Holding teams to 14 to 21 points on average should ensure a winning season.

That's probably a pipe dream, but a guy can hope. Model the D after the great defensive teams every year - Baltimore, Seattle (well, not any more), Denver, now Tampa Bay, the Steelers. All teams have an identity. For as long as I remember the Packers' has been offense. But the two SBs in 97 and 2011 were won by teams with very, very good Ds. Think Reggie White and Charles Woodson and Sam Shields and many others.

Like I said, it probably won't happen with MLF and this FO. The good news is that after this year, we're gonna find out just how good MLF really is. Rodgers almost ensures a 10 win season. That's a luxury that is short for this world.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
13-4
SB Champs
Offense: 2nd
Defense: 8th

A season that appears to start out as Rodgers and Adams Last Dance in Green Bay, turns into a "Hey, we have it pretty damn good here, we're coming back for more!"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-4
SB Champs
Offense: 2nd
Defense: 8th

A season that appears to start out as Rodgers and Adams Last Dance in Green Bay, turns into a "Hey, we have it pretty damn good here, we're coming back for more!"
It is kind of funny but I feel the same as a lot of people here; that this GB team has a lot going for it. Funny because we have not really changed a whole lot from last year. A rookie corner, some rookie OL, MVS maybe much better, a real punter, and some other possibilities. Yet I feel like we are a lot stronger. Stopping teams on 3rd down will be key.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacman, Jay Cutler was so important to the Packers success that they should put his name in the Lambeau ring. There were years when I swear he was our MVP.

I hope your prediction represents the bottom. I won't argue with 10 wins, that's entirely possible with this schedule. I think they'll rank around 5th in O and 15th or better on D. That might result in an extra win or two. And I don't think they'll be a wild card. The NFC North is just too weak. Unless Justin Fields lights it up, this is a building year for the Bears. The Vikes haven't improved much. Cousins is a very good QB, but not in the playoffs. They'll go as far as Cook and Jefferson take them, which is probably 8 or 9 wins.

It's very likely we'll see a rematch in the SB, but a lot can happen - injuries, Covid, bad karma. I'll go as far to say they win the NFC North. That's not very risky. Where they go from there is gonna depend on how well that D holds up against the run, the time it takes for Stokes to get up to speed, and as always, how much heart instead of bile Rodgers throws into the games and locker rooms.

I wanted Rodgers to finish here, still do. Now that's unlikely and given his ego and antics, I can't say I'll miss him. I never thought any QB could **** me off as much as Favre, going to the Vikings. But Rodgers has raised the bar for unlikeability. Too bad. If he had learned to accept life a little better, he would have done better on the field and won another ring or two. But a guy who seems to be in a constant state of resentment and anger can only go so far.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m gonna **** a lot of people off but.....I really hope we don`t win a SB with AR at the helm. I`m in total agreement with Joe. I hated Favre with a passion after his antics, but AR has just ramped it up. If we do win I`d be asking why he hadn`t done it before now. His ego and his antics have just overwhelmed me. Sooner he`s gone the better.

I see a 12 - 4 season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m gonna **** a lot of people off but.....I really hope we don`t win a SB with AR at the helm. I`m in total agreement with Joe. I hated Favre with a passion after his antics, but AR has just ramped it up. If we do win I`d be asking why he hadn`t done it before now. His ego and his antics have just overwhelmed me. Sooner he`s gone the better.

I see a 12 - 4 season.
Thanks for the reference Bill. (I went with 12-5, they added the extra game this year.) Yeah the problem with Rodgers' antics for me was how prolonged it was. Will he be here, will he not? And then he shows up like "Nothing to see here folks." And then bringing Cobb along was just the icing on the cake. No GM in his right mind would go out of their way to add Cobb, unless it was mid-season and the WR group was struck by injury. I hope I'm proven wrong about this, but I'm not even sure he would have made the Cowboys' 53. Fortunately, MLF is still the coach and I'm pretty sure he's anxious to develop Amari Rodgers. Maybe Cobb can help him.

Favre was goofy enough and likable enough to finally forgive when they put his name on the ring in Lambeau.

Usually at this time of the year I'm counting the hours to kickoff. Not this year. I'm still a Packer guy - even Rodgers can't ruin that, so I still hope for a deep playoff run and a SB. But even if that happens, the Lombardi trophy will just not have the same shine to it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the reference Bill. (I went with 12-5, they added the extra game this year.) Yeah the problem with Rodgers' antics for me was how prolonged it was. Will he be here, will he not? And then he shows up like "Nothing to see here folks." And then bringing Cobb along was just the icing on the cake. No GM in his right mind would go out of their way to add Cobb, unless it was mid-season and the WR group was struck by injury. I hope I'm proven wrong about this, but I'm not even sure he would have made the Cowboys' 53. Fortunately, MLF is still the coach and I'm pretty sure he's anxious to develop Amari Rodgers. Maybe Cobb can help him.

Favre was goofy enough and likable enough to finally forgive when they put his name on the ring in Lambeau.

Usually at this time of the year I'm counting the hours to kickoff. Not this year. I'm still a Packer guy - even Rodgers can't ruin that, so I still hope for a deep playoff run and a SB. But even if that happens, the Lombardi trophy will just not have the same shine to it.

Well here's the thing and why I get fired up when I hear all this.

1. Rodgers only did that once this last year and the whole damn world is about to end. Favre does that every single year for like 5 years in a row and crickets.

2. So why is Rodgers so bad when he wants an old teammate who was at least a hard worker and has valuable experience to come back? Yet when TB12 demands his front office sign that cancerous head case Antonio Brown he he gets a pass?

3. Man, all these years here of people complaining about the Packers not being enough like the Patriots and having more Lombardis and now all the sudden it's less meaningful

Anyway, I feel like over the years the dislike of Rodgers has been more the result of the media painting an evil caricature of him and making a big deal out of everything he does even if it's just sneezing the wrong way. And I realize some will always hold his family issues over his head or the fact that he and Danica didn't tie the knot. But I feel like way too many people who go trying to paint him as the spoiled entitled type need to look in the mirror.

Now, ideally I do hope if we win the SB that he leaves so that way we can say he went out on a high note, and we all move on. Everyone will probably be happy for at least the next 10 years. But consider this. The GM QB will probably be a thing, at least for these older elite QBs. Don't be shocked if Russell Wilson starts wanting a say in player selection in 5 years, or some other benefits in his paycheck. Hopefully we will have Jordan Love still here 16 years from now, but keeping him around and happy that long will probably cost us a little something too. Pretty sure I'll be here defending him against spoiled fans throwing flack his way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts