Predict the final record competition - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here's the thing and why I get fired up when I hear all this.

1. Rodgers only did that once this last year and the whole damn world is about to end. Favre does that every single year for like 5 years in a row and crickets.

2. So why is Rodgers so bad when he wants an old teammate who was at least a hard worker and has valuable experience to come back? Yet when TB12 demands his front office sign that cancerous head case Antonio Brown he he gets a pass?

3. Man, all these years here of people complaining about the Packers not being enough like the Patriots and having more Lombardis and now all the sudden it's less meaningful

Anyway, I feel like over the years the dislike of Rodgers has been more the result of the media painting an evil caricature of him and making a big deal out of everything he does even if it's just sneezing the wrong way. And I realize some will always hold his family issues over his head or the fact that he and Danica didn't tie the knot. But I feel like way too many people who go trying to paint him as the spoiled entitled type need to look in the mirror.

Now, ideally I do hope if we win the SB that he leaves so that way we can say he went out on a high note, and we all move on. Everyone will probably be happy for at least the next 10 years. But consider this. The GM QB will probably be a thing, at least for these older elite QBs. Don't be shocked if Russell Wilson starts wanting a say in player selection in 5 years, or some other benefits in his paycheck. Hopefully we will have Jordan Love still here 16 years from now, but keeping him around and happy that long will probably cost us a little something too. Pretty sure I'll be here defending him against spoiled fans throwing flack his way as well.
You make good points. There is certainly more than one side to this. I don't think the anger at Rodgers is coming from spoiled fans as much as disrespected fans. Rodgers acted like those fans didn't matter at all when his beef was with Gluten. And this after 15 years of supporting the guy and the team.

Anyway, a SB win has a way of making all things right. So let's agree on that and wish Rodgers, and the rest of the team, the best in 2021-2022.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do win I`d be asking why he hadn`t done it before now.

I see a 12 - 4 season.

Maybe you should ask Mike McCarthy why he put together rag tag coaching staffs and didn't fire guys like Capers and Zook sooner, or ask him why he was kicking FGs in Seattle on 4th and goal inches away.

I would also suggest asking Ted Thompson what he was doing not signing free agents except for bums like Martellus Bennett, and drafting all kinds of Pack12 busts from about 2013 on till his last year as GM. Unfortunately, he is no longer here to answer that.

Anyway, the old axiom that defense wins championships has usually been born out with a few exceptions, and that is something Rodgers has not had much of over his career.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You make good points. There is certainly more than one side to this. I don't think the anger at Rodgers is coming from spoiled fans as much as disrespected fans. Rodgers acted like those fans didn't matter at all when his beef was with Gluten. And this after 15 years of supporting the guy and the team.

Anyway, a SB win has a way of making all things right. So let's agree on that and wish Rodgers, and the rest of the team, the best in 2021-2022.

I wouldn't say the two are entirely mutually exclusive lol. I guess for me I've just grown so sick and tired of everyone blaming the entire nfccg loss on him only because a few drives stalled. I get that it wasn't good that we didn't cash in on those ints, and a future HOF QB naturally will have expectations on him to be able to get it done in crunch time. But posters bringing that up just keep ignoring the blunders Mike Pettine and even Aaron Jones made (very bad fumble) digging us in a 28-10 hole to begin with. I mean, I still back AJ33 100% but gotta call a spade a spade here.

Anyway, I had better not talk anymore about that game because nobody will ever convince me kicking that stupid FG when down 31-23 was the right call.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the two are entirely mutually exclusive lol. I guess for me I've just grown so sick and tired of everyone blaming the entire nfccg loss on him only because a few drives stalled. I get that it wasn't good that we didn't cash in on those ints, and a future HOF QB naturally will have expectations on him to be able to get it done in crunch time. But posters bringing that up just keep ignoring the blunders Mike Pettine and even Aaron Jones made (very bad fumble) digging us in a 28-10 hole to begin with. I mean, I still back AJ33 100% but gotta call a spade a spade here.

Anyway, I had better not talk anymore about that game because nobody will ever convince me kicking that stupid FG when down 31-23 was the right call.
Well that's certainly true. Teams win and lose together. You didn't even mention Kevin King's terrible play that day. IF there was one person responsible (there isn't), he'd get the most votes!

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Rodgers only did that once this last year and the whole damn world is about to end. Favre does that every single year for like 5 years in a row and crickets.

2. So why is Rodgers so bad when he wants an old teammate who was at least a hard worker and has valuable experience to come back? Yet when TB12 demands his front office sign that cancerous head case Antonio Brown he he gets a pass?

3. Man, all these years here of people complaining about the Packers not being enough like the Patriots and having more Lombardis and now all the sudden it's less meaningful
My two cents...

1) A twist on Recency Bias. People were very angry with Favre 13 years ago. But as they say time heals. Rodgers just did it this year. Also, Favre is very likeable. Rodgers, not so much. He may very well be the most intelligent guy in the room. But I get the feeling it's not enough. He needs everyone else to know it too.

2) Brady had 6 Superbowl wins in his pocket before last season. Tampa Bay had one. If Rodgers had 6, I'd suggest they listen to him as well. I don't think he's bad for wanting Cobb, but after the rest of the offseason just about anything he says will **** some fans off.

3) People say a lot of things when they are angry. If Rodgers leads the Pack to a Superbowl win this year, I think fans will feel it's very meaningful.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My two cents...

1) A twist on Recency Bias. People were very angry with Favre 13 years ago. But as they say time heals. Rodgers just did it this year. Also, Favre is very likeable. Rodgers, not so much. He may very well be the most intelligent guy in the room. But I get the feeling it's not enough. He needs everyone else to know it too.

2) Brady had 6 Superbowl wins in his pocket before last season. Tampa Bay had one. If Rodgers had 6, I'd suggest they listen to him as well. I don't think he's bad for wanting Cobb, but after the rest of the offseason just about anything he says will **** some fans off.

3) People say a lot of things when they are angry. If Rodgers leads the Pack to a Superbowl win this year, I think fans will feel it's very meaningful.

1. I think you're right in some respects. I wasn't on this particular forum back then, but I was on some others where it seemed like Ted Thompson was getting shellacked a lot more than Favre. Plus when he left I remembered seeing a lot of fans out by the stadium with the "please stay" signs on the news. Idk, guess you could say it was about dead even between supporters and good riddance.

I think also yeah, Favre kinda won people over when he got over alcohol addiction, played like he did the night his dad died, and also had to deal with Deanna's cancer. I agree that does stand a bit of a contrast to Rodgers.

2. Likely, and probably nobody within recent years will probably top Brady's 6, but idk that they still wouldn't give Rodgers flack if he had as many as 3.

3. We all hope

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brady got to bring three of his old teammates to bucs with no questions asked. one was a washed up and retired tight end. another was a wr known to be a cancer to any team he was on. rodgers asked to bring in a wr that is widely known to be the ultimate teammate and a leader, and packers "fans" go insane. imho, packers fans can no longer be called the best fans in pro sports. way too many whiners. and actual hatred for one of the best qbs in the history of the game? talk about jaded.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2) Brady had 6 Superbowl wins in his pocket before last season. Tampa Bay had one. If Rodgers had 6, I'd suggest they listen to him as well.
superbowl wins is not a qb stat. it takes a lot more than a qb to win a superbowl. brady had been called a true "system qb" by many people for many years before he proved his critics wrong last year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brady got to bring three of his old teammates to bucs with no questions asked. one was a washed up and retired tight end. another was a wr known to be a cancer to any team he was on. rodgers asked to bring in a wr that is widely known to be the ultimate teammate and a leader, and packers "fans" go insane. imho, packers fans can no longer be called the best fans in pro sports. way too many whiners. and actual hatred for one of the best qbs in the history of the game? talk about jaded.
Gronk does not look washed up to me. And I think I would prefer either of those two to our ultimate teammate. But we'll see how he does.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk does not look washed up to me. And I think I would prefer either of those two to our ultimate teammate. But we'll see how he does.
Gronk sure. Antonio Brown?? Hell no I don't need that big time cancer intoxicating our locker rooms

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
superbowl wins is not a qb stat. it takes a lot more than a qb to win a superbowl. brady had been called a true "system qb" by many people for many years before he proved his critics wrong last year.

And on top of that, you hear everyone say players should stay in their lanes and never act like their bigger than the team. 7 sb wins shouldn't change that.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Tampa Bay minds where Antonio Brown took the team with him last year.

Reaction score
How did Tampa afford all these veteran stars. I need their VP of Financial operations to help me evade taxes.:tup:

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
superbowl wins is not a qb stat. it takes a lot more than a qb to win a superbowl. brady had been called a true "system qb" by many people for many years before he proved his critics wrong last year.That's true, and I'm sure he'll be called a lot of things by many people in the future. It doesn't change what I said.
I believe the question I answered was something like Why is it okay for Brady to push for players he wants but not okay for Rodgers? Not a direct quote for sure but something like that. I stated my opinion.

While your statements are true, I'm sure there are also many people, like me and apparently Tampa Bay, that think the team should listen to Brady's suggestions based on his past accomplishments. I'm not suggesting they do everything he wants, but I do think they should listen to what he has to say.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While your statements are true, I'm sure there are also many people, like me and apparently Tampa Bay, that think the team should listen to Brady's suggestions based on his past accomplishments. I'm not suggesting they do everything he wants, but I do think they should listen to what he has to say.
and while i agree with that, i think that holds true for any qb that has won multiple nfl mvp awards and is a consensus first ballot hall of famer. there are myriad reasons why aaron rodgers has only one super bowl ring. most of them have to do with poor personnel acquisition by packers management and horrible defense despite huge amounts of draft capital wasted on defensive players.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and while i agree with that, i think that holds true for any qb that has won multiple nfl mvp awards and is a consensus first ballot hall of famer. there are myriad reasons why aaron rodgers has only one super bowl ring. most of them have to do with poor personnel acquisition by packers management and horrible defense despite huge amounts of draft capital wasted on defensive players.
True. TT made the draft pick of a lifetime with Rodgers, and their drafting ever since has been, at best, average. For a while it seemed like every year they were using top picks on corners.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. TT made the draft pick of a lifetime with Rodgers, and their drafting ever since has been, at best, average. For a while it seemed like every year they were using top picks on corners.
and average is okay - as long as you are successfully using free agency and trades to make up for the unsuccessful draft picks.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and average is okay - as long as you are successfully using free agency and trades to make up for the unsuccessful draft picks.
Correct. TT didn't believe in FA for whatever reason. Fortunately Gluten does and he's done well. Without some of those additions (Z, Smith, Amos, Turner) we probably don't have a legit SB contender this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts