Predict the final record competition 2019

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you're predicting a SB loss? Never would've pegged you for a guy to predict the Packers would make it to the big dance only to lose. ;)
Always a toss up, I'll let the chips fall where they may during that one :sneaky:

Reaction score
You are right that the Packers have elite talent at key positions. Unfortunately, they also have massive holes that will be easily exploited. Teams are only as strong as their weakest link. Given the lack of quality depth at most position groups, the usual parade of injuries will heighten Gutes string of bad off-season moves.
You’re on quite the negativity roll lately. The conglomeration of negative comments of speaking to our demise after leading with a positive (as if to mask your frustration) seems obvious to me. Most people negative just come right out with it instead of dancing around.
Have you always felt this way about the Pack? Or is it just some specific thing that irritates you about Gutenkunst? A particular move he made? Etc..

Last edited:

SUGAMAN44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please update your record prediction based on 16 games.

Friendly reminder to include your three tie breaker predicitions

Need tie breaker #'s 2 and 3.

Just to clarify, you're predicting a SB loss? Never would've pegged you for a guy to predict the Packers would make it to the big dance only to lose. ;)
ahaha

Sorry.

Im going with 9 and 7.
10th
8th
Miss playoffs.
Next year will be the year. Hope I am wrong and its this year.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement. I get wanting to be objective, but come on missing the playoffs 3 years in a row? I get we're learning a new offense and everything, but if there's any QB I know that can handle it, and get us back into the hunt, it's Rodgers.

Imagine too, this isn't an offense with a ton of new players entering in. These players know each other, or have come to know each other just last season (WR and RB groups, CBs etc.), and they quite possibly were dying for a new, more progressive system.

What really has me encouraged is how every player, on both sides of the ball really, came in prepared. They all look better developed, especially our year 2 players, but others as well. That must have been exciting for them to see the FAs added, and might have inspired them a bit along the way prior to camp. I think there is a story there. Pretty cool to see.

For instance, Geronimo, a year 3 player, looks so much more further along. Markedly so. Aaron Jones came in in great shape, as did Jamal Williams. Montravius Adams. Raven Greene. Tony Brown. Tramon, as always. I bet Rodgers and Tramon had some part in that collective goal to start this season off right.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5, loss in NFC Championship

Is it just me or does the schedule seem brutal this year? I feel very optimistic saying 11-5.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We went back and forth about this last year:

Some argued we would have been worse if not for late game heroics by Rodgers against the Bears, 49ers. Me included.

But think about this. The Packers were possibly 2 fumbles away from 6-2-1. The Montgomery fumble at LA, and the Jones fumble late at New England.

Even regardless of how those games would’ve turned out, silly mistakes like that cost us last year. I’m just hoping for a more disciplined team this go around.

Reaction score
We went back and forth about this last year:

Some argued we would have been worse if not for late game heroics by Rodgers against the Bears, 49ers. Me included.

But think about this. The Packers were possibly 2 fumbles away from 6-2-1. The Montgomery fumble at LA, and the Jones fumble late at New England.

Even regardless of how those games would’ve turned out, silly mistakes like that cost us last year. I’m just hoping for a more disciplined team this go around.
NE still beat us up but certainly it would’ve made it a game but I think we still lose a close one on the Thad there.
We should’ve beat MN though, At LA we needed a FG to win with Timeouts and in 4down territory. We had already put up 27 I think we score 3 and put them away.
Had we had Elgton, Turned in the OL. Then add Amos and both Smith’s and a few other games would’ve resulted in a win.
Those additions injected early last year likely would’ve won us 3-4 Games. Likely 9-6-1.. But no re do..that’s how the cookie crumbles.last years schedule was brutal comparatively

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the key point. Easier schedule, plus improved roster, plus (hopefully) healthy AR bodes well for us.
We're going to be battle tested right off the bat facing off against 4 good defenses. I say 4 because Dallas is overrated and they ONLY reason they looked good towards the end last year is because they went against losing teams towards the end. The only impressive win they had was against New Orleans.

If we come out 4-1 or even better 5-0 we're making the playoffs.

Reaction score
We're going to be battle tested right off the bat facing off against 4 good defenses. I say 4 because Dallas is overrated and they ONLY reason they looked good towards the end last year is because they went against losing teams towards the end. The only impressive win they had was against New Orleans.

I’ll just say this. I watched Dallas play Houston just after we did this preseason and Dallas absolutely demolished them. I realize it’s our backups and their backups mostly, but they shut down Webb
He went 8 of 22 for 60 yards and 2 INT. Compared to us their backup D is on another level. Webb ran for his life too.. 3.0 per scamper.
Dallas is likely a top 10-12 D IMO. Their depth looked as good as half the leagues starting lineup. Taco ran around looking like a probowler in stride. He’s hitting his groove. Our former ILB Joe Thomas, looked like a man among boys. They pulled him out or they would’ve beat them 55-0. Not exaggerating

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Dallas’ defense is better than you give it credit for. I do agree though that surviving the early stretch is key. Honestly I’d be thrilled with 3-2.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm going with an 11-5 season, maybe a bit too optimistic, but i feel some may underesimate us due to last season, plus the new coaching changes and generally young team losing some old heads(matthews/daniels et al)

Tie Breaker 1: divisional round, i think a lack of experiance may show its head here

Tie Breaker 2: 10(or better)

Tie Breaker 3: 14

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Everyone double check behind me to make sure I've logged your predictions correctly. Can't change after today!

Also there's a few that have left off one or more tie breaker predictions. Can't win without it!

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-7. Sneak into the playoffs as a Wildcard team.

Tie Breaker 1:
Win wildcard game. Eliminated in Division round.

Tie Breaker 2: 11th in PPG offense.

Tie Breaker 3: 12th in PPG defense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
9-6. Sneak into the playoffs as a Wildcard team.

Tie Breaker 1:
Win wildcard game. Eliminated in Division round.

Tie Breaker 2: 11th in PPG offense.

Tie Breaker 3: 12th in PPG defense.
It's a 16 game season...9-6 don't add up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

In a world where Rodgers is healthy for 16 games, I can imagine anything from 8-8 to 12-4 with the primary factor being how quickly the offense comes together and clicks around Petals' system.

So I'm going to split the difference and predict 10-6 with most of the losses coming early, followed by a strong finish to the year. I think ten wins would get them into the playoffs one way or another.

TB #1: Divisional Round

TB #2: 8th

TB #3: 13th

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Despite the last 2 years and seeing what this team is without #12 or at least a fully healthy #12, the Packers decided not to address the possibility of no Aaron or a not 100% Aaron. Settling for Tim Boyle as the #2 QB and not putting another weapon opposite Davante sealed this fact for me. I do think the Defense will improve, but with Aaron another year older and possibly a half a step slower, Packers will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Tie Breaker 1:
No Playoffs

Tie Breaker 2: 18th

Tie Breaker 3: 14th

#12 once again is the #1 key to the season, if somehow he stays relatively healthy the entire season, then I can see a 10-6 finish and a loss in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Despite the last 2 years and seeing what this team is without #12 or at least a fully healthy #12, the Packers decided not to address the possibility of no Aaron or a not 100% Aaron. Settling for Tim Boyle as the #2 QB and not putting another weapon opposite Davante sealed this fact for me. I do think the Defense will improve, but with Aaron another year older and possibly a half a step slower, Packers will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Tie Breaker 1:
No Playoffs

Tie Breaker 2: 18th

Tie Breaker 3: 14th

#12 once again is the #1 key to the season, if somehow he stays relatively healthy the entire season, then I can see a 10-6 finish and a loss in the divisional round of the playoffs.

So are you predicting that he will decline or get hurt? Because your concern regarding the QB2 only bears fruit if he gets hurt. But your comment there in bold seems to suggest that he will play, but just not well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So are you predicting that he will decline or get hurt? Because your concern regarding the QB2 only bears fruit if he gets hurt. But your comment there in bold seems to suggest that he will play, but just not well.

I am predicting he will get hurt. The "half a step slower" means he won't be able to get away from defenders quite as easily as he once was able to, thus more hits and the possibility of injuries. I predict we see #8 in a non-mop-up capacity at least by mid season. How long will be determined by what kind of injury #12 sustains.

The first 4 weeks of the season are going to be huge for this offense. With no time together playing in preseason games to shake off the rust, its going to be interesting to see how many hits Rodgers takes, waiting for a man to get open.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am predicting he will get hurt. The "half a step slower" means he won't be able to get away from defenders quite as easily as he once was able to, thus more hits and the possibility of injuries. I predict we see #8 in a non-mop-up capacity at least by mid season. How long will be determined by what kind of injury #12 sustains.

The first 4 weeks of the season are going to be huge for this offense. With no time together playing in preseason games to shake off the rust, its going to be interesting to see how many hits Rodgers takes, waiting for a man to get open.

If he misses time and/or plays hurt, 8-8 or worse is certainly realistic.

Only twice has Rodgers started 15 games and failed to reach double digit wins. As a rookie he started every game and went 6-10, and in 2018 he played injured and went 6-9-1. In the seven other seasons in which he played 15 or 16 games, the Packers won 11, 10, 14, 11, 12, 10, and 10 games.

I'm hoping for health and another 10+ win season.

Members online

Latest posts