Predict the final record competition - 2018 version

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well here we go again! Year 2.

Opening kickoff is 5 weeks (!!!) from this Sunday, so it's starting to become time to think about making predictions for the final record.

Here's how it works. Each poster gives their prediction on the final record for the 16 game regular season. (example - 10-6). But seeing as how it's almost all but certain that multiple posters will predict the winning record, there are three tie breakers:

Tie Breaker 1: When will the Packers be eliminated from competition (examples - miss playoffs, wild card round, divisional round, NFC Championship game, Super Bowl, Super Bowl champions)

Tie Breaker 2: Which defensive player will lead the Packers in interceptions? (a tie for 1st will suffice to advance to the next tie breaker if needed)

Tie Breaker 3: Where will the Packers defense rank in opponents points per game among the rest of the NFL teams (example - 15th)

I wanted to do AR and TD passes like last year but I think I cursed him. We'll stay away from that one. :roflmao:

But this should be diverse enough to insure there won't be more than one winner. If the 1st tie breaker doesn't determine a winner, we'll move on to the 2nd, and so forth. Feel free to add additional predictions/comments about how you're feeling about the season after listing your predicted record, along with tie breakers.

To keep posters from editing, I will compile all predictions and edit it into this opening post. If a moderator would like to close the thread until the end of the regular season, that would be okay. I'll list each poster in order alphabetically.

Final predictions are due by noon on opening Sunday (9-9)

For those that aren't ready to give a prediction yet, I'll bump the thread periodically as needed.

The winner gets bragging rights for a year :cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C-Lee - 12-4
TB1: Super Bowl Champions
TB2: Jaire Alexander
TB3: 13th

captainWIMM - 12-4
TB2: Josh Jackson
TB3: 11th

DoURant - 12-4
TB1: Super Bowl
TB3: 11th

gbgary - 10-6
TB1: Wild Card
TB2: Tramon Williams
TB3: 20th

GreenBaySlacker - 13-3
TB2: Kevin King
TB3: 5th

HardRightEdge - 10-6
TB1: Divisional round
TB3: 12th

Heyjoe4 - 11-5
TB3: 6th

Jerellh528 - 14-2
TB3: 9th

KyraReppe5 - 12-4
TB1: NFC Championship
TB3: 8th

Mondio - 12-4
TB3: 13th

PackAttack12 - 12-4
TB2: Josh Jones

PackerfaninCarolina - 13-3
TB3: 8th

Pokerbrat2000 - 9-7
TB1: Divisional Round
TB3: 17th

Poppa San - 12-4
TB3: 14th

RicFlairoftheNFL - 11-5
TB3: 15th

rmontro - 12-4
TB2: Clinton-Dix
TB3: 10th

XPack - 16-0
TB3: 7th

Currently 10 out of 17 posters predicting a Super Bowl victory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
12-4 record

TB1: Super Bowl champions
TB2: Josh Jones

Additional comments:

Rodgers tosses 42 TDs and wins his 3rd MVP.

Also his 2nd SB MVP. :sneaky:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5

TB 1: NFC Championship

TB3: 15th

Additional Comments: The Defense is 1 year away from being what we want, but will improve. If Rodgers goes down he could go from 11-5 and winning the North to the 6 seed in the NFC but will make the playoffs with our backup QB Deshon Kizer.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Rodgers goes down he could go from 11-5 and winning the North to the 6 seed in the NFC but will make the playoffs with our backup QB Deshon Kizer.

I highly doubt the Packers would come anywhere close to making the playoffs with Kizer having to start for an extended period.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw it, I'm going all in. I'm feeling a wave of optimism.

12-4
TB1: Super Bowl Champs
TB2: Clinton-Dix
TB3: 10th

I wish y'all would make this a sticky thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Since how the Vikings fare this year, could determine 2 games as well as the North Standings for the Packers, I enjoyed reading this. Wonder if the Vikings would be interested in trading for Brett Hundley? :coffee:

"Kirk Cousins: Granted, it’s just one preseason game, so no need to overreact, especially given how strong the Jaguars' first-string defense is. But Cousins had a rocky night in a 14-10 loss, going three of eight for 12 yards. In his four drives, the offense twice sputtered to three-and-outs. Cousins is clearly the franchise quarterback in Minnesota, but Saturday’s game might be an indication there will be some growing pains against top-tier defenses."

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, there's a lot of optimism in this thread. I guess it's partly because of the changes in the offseason. Or maybe there's a buzz in the air, and this is our year.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, there's a lot of optimism in this thread. I guess it's partly because of the changes in the offseason. Or maybe there's a buzz in the air, and this is our year.
Or it could just be the Packers were 4-1 last season before Rodgers went out. Even with the questionable surrounding cast, the Packers at the time were clearly in the SB discussion. The team as a whole did not get worse during the off season.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Or it could just be the Packers were 4-1 last season before Rodgers went out. Even with the questionable surrounding cast, the Packers at the time were clearly in the SB discussion. The team as a whole did not get worse during the off season.
And you could really see things trending up. The Seattle game was shaky but we clawed it out, some struggles continued into Atlanta and it showed, Cincy was a dramatic late game finish, then we put a shellacking on the Bears, then Rodgers went all time great against Dallas.

Everything about last year through 5 games trended upward for the most part. Let’s just hope and pray that we get #12 for 16 games, and maybe even 19 or 20.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
XPack - 16-0
TB3: 7th

Most optimistic, I've felt in recent memory. #GoPackGo!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And we've got Williams and House back, so we've regained a little of what we lost.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
House was on the team last season as well.
Didn't say he wasn't. But he was gone, and we got him back.
Although I recall several predictions that we would cut him before the season starts.
Guess we'll see how that turns out.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since how the Vikings fare this year, could determine 2 games as well as the North Standings for the Packers, I enjoyed reading this. Wonder if the Vikings would be interested in trading for Brett Hundley? :coffee:

I'll be rolling on the floor lauhing if they did do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts