Predict the final record competition - 2018 version

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
10-6
Miss the playoffs.

Another tie breaker won't be needed because no Packer fan would ever claim that they would miss the play offs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
10-6
Miss the playoffs.

Another tie breaker won't be needed because no Packer fan would ever claim that they would miss the play offs.

This is true, but it is probably because we aren't as accustomed to missing the playoffs as most Viking fans have become. ;)

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Did you skip reading comprehension day at school?
Didn't read the whole thread. Assumed that everyone was in the first post. But apparently you don't put people who predict playoff elimination in with those that predict the playoffs. ;)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I notice nobody predicted a tie.
I also confess my Super Bowl prediction doesn't look as good as it did when I made it. I was feeling unusually optimistic that day.

I wish this was a sticky thread, it's likely to be buried by season's end.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one, since no one predicted a tie. Even if we decided to use the win total, no one predicted 6 wins.
I was one of several who predicted a Super Bowl win. I remember doing that in a fit of optimism. I feel ashamed at my stupidity now, should have known better.
Seems like something a Bear fan would do - every year they think they're going to win the Super Bowl.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m going to predict a Super Bowl every year regardless. At least if I think we have a chance to make the playoffs. Just because

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was somewhat close, but even this year was a bigger failure then my Debbie Downer side saw coming.

Pessimistic/Realistie Side of Me and sadly my "contest entry":

9-7 Final wildcard spot, with some fans salivating at a possible firing of MM on the line.

The Packers continue to struggle to beat the good teams. Losses to Minn (2), Rams, Patriots, Seahawks, Falcons, Bears (Dec.)

Rodgers stays healthy, but the O-line doesn't. Rodgers is seen on the sidelines frustrated that he is constantly under pressure and Adams is consistently blanketed in coverage. The run game can't bale him out, with nowhere for the RB's to run.

Pettine's new look defense is improved, but they still can't get enough pressure on the opposing QB's to keep the other teams offense from putting up 21+ points/game.

Tie Breaker 1: Out of playoffs in the Divisional Round in Atlanta.

Tie Breaker 2: Tramon Williams has 6 interceptions to lead the Packers.

Tie Breaker 3: Defense will be ranked 17th in points allowed.

H

HardRightEdge

I was somewhat close, but even this year was a bigger failure then my Debbie Downer side saw coming.
It looks like your 9-7 might have tied for closest. There's that robbypark guy who posted 8-8, but it's not clear if he posted that after the opening game kickoff. If so, the fact you mocked that 8-8 call should be the tie breaker. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It looks like your 9-7 might have tied for closest. There's that robbypark guy who posted 8-8, but it's not clear if he posted that after the open game kickoff. If so, the fact you mocked that 8-8 call should be the tie breaker. ;)

LOL....just noticed that and I was way off with asking him if 8-8 was his prediction for the Bears final record. :eek:

Members online

Latest posts