Predict the final record competition - 2018 version

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. The team didn't improve over last season by re-signing House as he was on the roster in 2017 as well.
I wasn't referring to just this last season. The secondary problems have been around for more than one year.
We got House back last year, and this year we picked up Williams again. Gives us a veteran presence to help out the youngsters. :tup:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. 13-3
Packers riding the 5-2 defense straight to the promised land. Superbowl champs.
King going to have to earn shutdown status. By leading the team in ints this year.... Yea the rookie.
And greenbay rides that dline to top 5....#5

D

Deleted member 6794

I wasn't referring to just this last season. The secondary problems have been around for more than one year.
We got House back last year, and this year we picked up Williams again. Gives us a veteran presence to help out the youngsters. :tup:

House isn't the solution to the Packers woes in the secondary though. King, Alexander and Jackson paired with Williams hopefully will turn the unit around.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
House isn't the solution to the Packers woes in the secondary though. King, Alexander and Jackson paired with Williams hopefully will turn the unit around.

Totally agree. A guy like House is quality backup though. A cheap enough veteran that can come in and not look totally lost. House is one of those sneaky signings that may get groans from some, but IMO are the ones you need to back fill your roster to prevent it from having to over rely on that handful of guys you are trying to develop. We are seeing this happen currently at ILB.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I assume we have until next Sunday before kickoff to get this in? Many things can change in the next week:
  • Packers trade for Mack.
  • Aaron Rodgers trips during the filming of a State Farm Commercial and breaks his collar bone.
  • A trade is worked out with the Browns to reacquire D. Randall and Jeff Janis.
  • Aaron Jones is caught sneaking out of Cheech and Chong's Residence.
  • Gute reveals that he has just been playing TT's puppet for the last 8 months.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I assume we have until next Sunday before kickoff to get this in? Many things can change in the next week:
  • Packers trade for Mack.
  • Aaron Rodgers trips during the filming of a State Farm Commercial and breaks his collar bone.
  • A trade is worked out with the Browns to reacquire D. Randall and Jeff Janis.
  • Aaron Jones is caught sneaking out of Cheech and Chong's Residence.
  • Gute reveals that he has just been playing TT's puppet for the last 8 months.
As Mondio stated, just yanking some chains. :p Plus I'm sitting at work bored waiting for quitting time.

But since you provided those bullets...

• Fair enough
  • :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Are you trying to give your OWN self a heart attack???
  • :ninja:
  • :cautious:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Barclay just got released by the saints we need the help seem like a move that would make sense if he is healthy

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4, I just didn't want to seem pompous with 16-0

Super Bowl Champs, as if there were another option for me to cheer for

Williams, the wiley vet gets to move to a playmaker position like Woodson once King is healthy and the 2 young bucks get their lumps over the first month of the season. They then take over the top 3 DB spots and Williams is free to roam around using his smarts and ageless athleticism.

13th, we'll have a good margin of victory, but because of our offense, teams will be playing catch up. More points scored, but not really putting games in danger of losing.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers go 13-3, become Superbowl champions
Int leader is Jaire Alexander
Defense ranks 8th in PPG

A big old clown stomping sweep is put on Minny starting week 2 when we butt whoop them 38-10.

NFC North Division Shakes Out Like This

Packers 13-3
Bears 8-8
Vikings 6-10
Lions 4-12

And The NFL Playoff Seeding Looks Like This:

AFC:
1. Chiefs 12-4
2. Steelers 11-5
3. Patriots 10-6
4. Texans 10-6
5. Ravens 9-7
6. Raiders 9-7

NFC
1. Packers 13-3
2. Saints 12-4
3. Rams 12-4
4. Eagles 10-6
5. Giants 10-6
6. 49ers 9-7

AFC Championship Game
Chiefs over Pats

NFC Championship Game
Packers over Saints in a big old shootout

Superbowl
Packers over Chiefs 35-21

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, there's a lot of optimism in this thread. I guess it's partly because of the changes in the offseason. Or maybe there's a buzz in the air, and this is our year.
Nah, we’re just a bunch of hopelessly optimistic cheeseheads. Go Pack Go!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll give it a whirl:

Record: 11-5
TB1: SB Champions!
TB2: Josh Jackson
TB3: 6th

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4
Lombardi Trophy comes back home
Jaire Alexander
13th

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Optimistic Side of Me:

12-4 Everything clicks for the Packers and Pettine's new defense is top 5.
Another Lombardi in the case.

Pessimistic/Realistie Side of Me and sadly my "contest entry":

9-7 Final wildcard spot, with some fans salivating at a possible firing of MM on the line.

The Packers continue to struggle to beat the good teams. Losses to Minn (2), Rams, Patriots, Seahawks, Falcons, Bears (Dec.)

Rodgers stays healthy, but the O-line doesn't. Rodgers is seen on the sidelines frustrated that he is constantly under pressure and Adams is consistently blanketed in coverage. The run game can't bale him out, with nowhere for the RB's to run.

Pettine's new look defense is improved, but they still can't get enough pressure on the opposing QB's to keep the other teams offense from putting up 21+ points/game.

Tie Breaker 1: Out of playoffs in the Divisional Round in Atlanta.

Tie Breaker 2: Tramon Williams has 6 interceptions to lead the Packers.

Tie Breaker 3: Defense will be ranked 17th in points allowed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but the MMQB staff from SI.com picked their SB winners, award winners, etc. Of 15 writers/editors, three predicted a Packers Super Bowl victory, and six predicted an MVP season from Aaron Rodgers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/04/nfl-predictions-2018-playoff-picks-super-bowl-champion-awards

John Breech at cbssports.com is predicting a huge season from Rodgers and the Packers, thus capturing another Lombardi:

Here's a snippet (this won't be easy for @RRyder to come to grips with. ;))
NFC North Bold Prediction: Jimmy Graham leads the NFL in TD catches, breaks tight end TD record.

Putting Jimmy Graham and Aaron Rodgers on the same team is borderline unfair, but that's what the Packers have done in Green Bay. Rodgers is a touchdown throwing machine who actually led the league in touchdown passes the last time he was on the field for an entire season (2016). Graham is a touchdown catching machine who actually led the league in touchdown receptions back in 2013. Now that they're together, I won't be surprised if Graham tops Rob Gronkowski's single-season record for touchdown catches by a tight end. Gronk set the mark with 17 touchdown receptions in 2011.

And:

NFC Playoff Bold Prediction: The Packers win the Super Bowl.

Cheeseheads might want to get their cheese-flavored champagne ready, because this is going to be the year that Aaron Rodgers finally wins his second Super Bowl title. Since winning Super Bowl XLV in 2010, the Packers have come agonizingly close to returning to the big game, but they've had their heart ripped out on on multiple occasions. If you need a quick refresher on those agonizing games: After the 2013 season, they lost at home on a last second field goal to the 49ers. After the 2014 season, they blew a 19-7 lead in the final 2:10 in an overtime loss to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship. After the 2015 season, they lost in overtime to the Cardinals in the divisional round after Aaron Rodgers completed a miraculous Hail Mary on the final play of the game to tie things up in regulation. Between the losses and the collarbone injuries over the past few years, this feels like the season where Rodgers is going to be on a scorched earth tour.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...al-record-for-all-32-teams-and-playoff-picks/

4 of 5 panelists at usatoday.com predicting an MVP from Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...2018-super-bowl-mvp-aaron-rodgers/1164021002/

H

HardRightEdge

10-6

Could be worse or better depending on significant injuries or lack thereof, but that's the way I see the roster and strength of schedule.

TB1: Divisional round elimination
TB2: Jackson (bonus guess: 4 picks)
TB3: 12th

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
12-4
Lose NFCCG again
Tramonster
Youthful exuberance and WTF reffing derails the season in LA. The league feels it needs for LA to do well.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I love the smell of football you guys ready... Witht that being said and to avoid mundane answers I'll try to take a flyer with the 2nd and 3rd TB.

Mine are as followed never like making these but why the hell not..

TB1: SB Champs 12-4 against Patriots
TB2: This is CM3 last year and he goes out with a bang
I mean this is a monster with 14 sacks.. I say CM3.
TB3- Im saying this is it folks this is the year it changes
3rd in Def

Cheers and GO PACK GO

Members online

Latest posts