Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I for one am getting sick of drafting CB's high in the draft in the hopes to fix the problem. Yeah, I know, other teams seem to have success with it, but then why can't we? Other teams are finding them mid to late rounds too.

I'm watching you Joe Whitt. :cautious:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am getting sick of drafting CB's high in the draft in the hopes to fix the problem. Yeah, I know, other teams seem to have success with it, but then why can't we? Other teams are finding them mid to late rounds too.

I'm watching you Joe Whitt. :cautious:
Other teams have success with the CBs we draft and don't resign. It's not the players that are the issue.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was going to be at least a 2 year process to revitalize the secondary at least. Not seeing them doing much this year beyond maybe 1 or 2 Davon House pickups and some draft picks. Just not enough cap space to make big moves in the secondary plus, with some of the players, they probably need to answer the question 'Dom's scheme or player'

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other teams have success with the CBs we draft and don't resign. It's not the players that are the issue.

It's not Joe Whitt.

It was Dom Capers. Just watch...you'll see a big improvement.

Especially with Daniels/Clark/Wilkerson up front. That'll take up some blockers for sure.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hey I'm all about the front seven making the secondary look good, but the front 7 aren't the ones responsible for missing tackles after catches and blown coverages. So until Pettine and Whitt clean that end up, I am still nervous about our defense. I like Mo, but I don't think just one guy is going to be the solution to a defense that will be without Burnett, Randall and House.

Now let's get busy and sign a FA CB or two!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not Joe Whitt.

Especially with Daniels/Clark/Wilkerson up front. That'll take up some blockers for sure.
I agree. Most offenses we faced were able to attack our defensive game plan. I believe the only ones confused by Capers scheme was our defensive backfield.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Running game, pass catchers, and OL all above average in my opinion.

I agree about the offensive line when healthy as well as the running game. If you include tight ends the Packers definitely didn't feature above average pass catchers last season.

It seems to me what you have been mentioning repeatedly is that the talent level at CB without Randall is apalling. That sure sounds like evaluating the roster to me. Pretty much the opposite of what you just said.

While I'm analyzing the current depth chart at cornerback I'm advocating for fans to wait until after the draft to make a conclusion about the talent level at the position as I'm convinced Gutekunst will make some moves to upgrade it.

It's not Joe Whitt.

Whitt definitely deserves part of the blame for the cornerbacks struggling over the past few years.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

There's only so much a CB coach can do when the scheme is the limiting factor.

Whitt is the one that has done the most work with the cornerbacks though. He should be held accountable for their struggles as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree about the offensive line when healthy as well as the running game. If you include tight ends the Packers definitely didn't feature above average pass catchers last season.

While I'm analyzing the current depth chart at cornerback I'm advocating for fans to wait until after the draft to make a conclusion about the talent level at the position as I'm convinced Gutekunst will make some moves to upgrade it.

Whitt definitely deserves part of the blame for the cornerbacks struggling over the past few years.

Even considering tight ends, I think you’d be hard pressed to find 12-15 teams who had a better group of pass catchers than the Packers.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet they hope Kizer will be what Hundley wasn't; someone they can teach for a year or two, showcase and then trade for a decent draft pick or two.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My last post on this subject, but I predict that he'll find a lot of success as a free safety. Watch Damarious Randall become the second player to leave this franchise and then become a better free safety than Haha Clinton Dix.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet they hope Kizer will be what Hundley wasn't; someone they can teach for a year or two, showcase and then trade for a decent draft pick or two.

We could have had a decent pick for Hundley last year. We just rolled the dice and thought we could get more and we got burned.

Poor internal evaluation of Hundley. We should have known better than anyone what he was really worth and we greatly overestimated him.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could have had a decent pick for Hundley last year. We just rolled the dice and thought we could get more and we got burned.

Poor internal evaluation of Hundley. We should have known better than anyone what he was really worth and we greatly overestimated him.

Are you sure? I don't recall any offers being made.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty telling stats about the scheme Capers ran. I don’t believe any of the cbs we had last season outside of King were that good...but you can’t ignore what Hyde and Hayward did once they left.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ame-close-to-trading-brett-hundley-on-friday/

This doesn't specifically say we had an offer for Hundley, but strongly implies it, especially the implication at the end that we could get "much more" than our original investment out of Hundley.

A day 2 pick would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder presumably.

Thanks for the link. I missed that one or just forgot about it. A day 2 pick would be much more than the original investment IMO. Maybe he was a throw in player in a deal to swap spots and move up a bit and Ted didn't think it was enough for him. Maybe it was for a 2nd or 3rd round pick straight up. We will probably never know.

After last season though I bet we are all wishing he would have taken it, whatever it was.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty telling stats about the scheme Capers ran. I don’t believe any of the cbs we had last season outside of King were that good...but you can’t ignore what Hyde and Hayward did once they left.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

my nephew was a member of the national junior honor society in 7th and 8th grade but got D's and F's as a freshman. Is he really stupid or does his high school just not run the right scheme?

Members online

Latest posts