1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers sign Craig Nall

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CM_Awesome, Dec 1, 2007.

1. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The Packers have just signed QB Craig Nall to be the 3rd string QB behind Favre and Rodgers. To make room, they released Underwood. I think this was a great move, I really liked Nall when he was in Green Bay, and I wish he was given a better chance in Buffalo and Houston. He was a great backup when he was here, I'm glad to have him back.

2. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Craig Nall rocks, he's a Packer guy and a reliable backup!

Good to have you back Craig.

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He played pretty well for the Packers. I was surprised how badly his career fizzled in Buffalo. From what I heard, he never even made a serious run at the starting job. At any rate, I expect him to be gone within a week or two, as long as Favre's arm heals up quickly as expected.

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome back Craig!

5. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sucks to be Underwood

6. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping they would keep Underwood around, but it's good to have 3 QBs for the playoffs.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I thought Nall would do well. Maybe his fizzle there will end up good for us.
    I wish Underdog......i mean wood would stay here too.

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I never understood why there was a lot of dogging Nall on this forum. I've always felt that he was good.

Welcome back, Nall! :)

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He'll have to learn the new offense now. He hasn't been around since the Sherman days so he'll have some catching up to do. It's not exactly like he could step in and do a good job even though he was with the team a few years ago.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I liked Nall....in the short time we saw him.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol, awesome pickup.

12. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Goodbye Marviel, again

13. HomerJay

HomerJay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome back Mr. Nall....CYA later Mr. Underwood

Sucks for Marviel....Released for a second time this season.....
    --------------------------------

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7513564

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Craig Nall signed with the Packers on Saturday to provide depth at quarterback behind an ailing Brett Favre and backup Aaron Rodgers.
    Nall, originally a fifth-round pick out of Northwestern State by Green Bay in 2002, spent his first four pro seasons with the Packers before signing with Buffalo in 2006 and spending time with the Bills and Houston this season.
    Nall relieved Favre six times in his career between 2003 and 2005. He went 23-of-33 for 314 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in those appearances.

Favre is expected to start his 250th consecutive game against the Oakland Raiders on Dec. 9, continuing his record streak that started in 1992.

The 38-year-old Favre, a three-time MVP, was knocked out of the Packers' 37-27 loss at Dallas on Thursday with elbow and shoulder injuries.

Rodgers came in and played well the rest of the way, finishing 18-of-26 for 201 yards and a touchdown.

But the Packers decided to sign Nall, after joining a growing trend of teams that carried just two quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.

To make room for Nall, the team released safety Marviel Underwood for the second time this season. He is trying to come back from a knee injury he suffered in the final preseason game last year.

14. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I was hoping Underwood could come back and become a player. I think there was a time when the Packers thought Underwood was going to be a heck of a player. I'm saddened that he couldn't make it back this time.

15. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    That's the NFL for you..can be a crude business. One day Underwood thinks he has another shot with GB, the next thing you know, he's gone.

Oh, well.

Welcome back Nall.

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Nall is also a good friend and hunting buddy of Brett's.

17. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It makes a lot of sense. After Favre went out, Rogers put himself in a dangerous situation with a run up the middle where he dived for the first down.

We could have easily been down to our emergency QB after that play, who happened to be Ruvell Martin. I feel much better about being able to bring in Nall in that situation. The 3rd QB doesn't even count on the 45-man game-day roster.

Nall's a very good choice for the spot also considering his experience. We're lucky that he was available.

GO PACK GO!!!

18. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    would have liked to have seen Paul Thompson being brought back in.

I'm surprised MM didnt bring Aaron Brooks in considering his man crush on him and recent workouts.

19. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It makes you wonder if MM didn't say something to him because all the other runs he slid.

20. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ARod's punishing Running style cant be coached out of him! :D

21. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like ARod's punishing running style. It got us first downs.

22. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nall did have a shot at being the starter, but he got hurt during the pre-season. Tough break.