Packers sign Craig Nall

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have just signed QB Craig Nall to be the 3rd string QB behind Favre and Rodgers. To make room, they released Underwood. I think this was a great move, I really liked Nall when he was in Green Bay, and I wish he was given a better chance in Buffalo and Houston. He was a great backup when he was here, I'm glad to have him back.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Craig Nall rocks, he's a Packer guy and a reliable backup!

Good to have you back Craig.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played pretty well for the Packers. I was surprised how badly his career fizzled in Buffalo. From what I heard, he never even made a serious run at the starting job. At any rate, I expect him to be gone within a week or two, as long as Favre's arm heals up quickly as expected.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping they would keep Underwood around, but it's good to have 3 QBs for the playoffs.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Nall would do well. Maybe his fizzle there will end up good for us.
I wish Underdog......i mean wood would stay here too.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
The Packers have just signed QB Craig Nall to be the 3rd string QB behind Favre and Rodgers. To make room, they released Underwood. I think this was a great move, I really liked Nall when he was in Green Bay, and I wish he was given a better chance in Buffalo and Houston. He was a great backup when he was here, I'm glad to have him back.

I never understood why there was a lot of ******* Nall on this forum. I've always felt that he was good.

Welcome back, Nall! :)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll have to learn the new offense now. He hasn't been around since the Sherman days so he'll have some catching up to do. It's not exactly like he could step in and do a good job even though he was with the team a few years ago.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back Mr. Nall....CYA later Mr. Underwood

Sucks for Marviel....Released for a second time this season.....
--------------------------------

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7513564

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Craig Nall signed with the Packers on Saturday to provide depth at quarterback behind an ailing Brett Favre and backup Aaron Rodgers.
Nall, originally a fifth-round pick out of Northwestern State by Green Bay in 2002, spent his first four pro seasons with the Packers before signing with Buffalo in 2006 and spending time with the Bills and Houston this season.
Nall relieved Favre six times in his career between 2003 and 2005. He went 23-of-33 for 314 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in those appearances.

Favre is expected to start his 250th consecutive game against the Oakland Raiders on Dec. 9, continuing his record streak that started in 1992.

The 38-year-old Favre, a three-time MVP, was knocked out of the Packers' 37-27 loss at Dallas on Thursday with elbow and shoulder injuries.

Rodgers came in and played well the rest of the way, finishing 18-of-26 for 201 yards and a touchdown.

But the Packers decided to sign Nall, after joining a growing trend of teams that carried just two quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.

To make room for Nall, the team released safety Marviel Underwood for the second time this season. He is trying to come back from a knee injury he suffered in the final preseason game last year.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping Underwood could come back and become a player. I think there was a time when the Packers thought Underwood was going to be a heck of a player. I'm saddened that he couldn't make it back this time.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the NFL for you..can be a crude business. One day Underwood thinks he has another shot with GB, the next thing you know, he's gone.

Oh, well.

Welcome back Nall.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense. After Favre went out, Rogers put himself in a dangerous situation with a run up the middle where he dived for the first down.

We could have easily been down to our emergency QB after that play, who happened to be Ruvell Martin. I feel much better about being able to bring in Nall in that situation. The 3rd QB doesn't even count on the 45-man game-day roster.

Nall's a very good choice for the spot also considering his experience. We're lucky that he was available.

GO PACK GO!!!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would have liked to have seen Paul Thompson being brought back in.

I'm surprised MM didnt bring Aaron Brooks in considering his man crush on him and recent workouts.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
It makes a lot of sense. After Favre went out, Rogers put himself in a dangerous situation with a run up the middle where he dived for the first down.

It makes you wonder if MM didn't say something to him because all the other runs he slid.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts