Ones gotta go

D

Deleted member 6794

I like
Curtis Samuel from Ohio State. He's literally a guy who who will have a Percy Harvin effect by being able to play all over the offense, and be a threat in the return game.

So Samuel will be a headache in more than one way??? ;)

Nah, I prefer the Packers to pass on a Harvin type prospect.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be be opposed to taking a wr in rd two just as long as they take a defensive player (preferably corner) in rd 1. I like
Curtis Samuel from Ohio State. He's literally a guy who who will have a Percy Harvin effect by being able to play all over the offense, and be a threat in the return game. I'm pretty sure this guy is on Teddys radar already.
Rodell advocating for a player from THE Ohio State. Go figure. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Packers could just get every graduate from OSU and/or Bama, there probably wouldn't be a need to look elsewhere ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You can just get way better players from the Pac 12. We need to draft more guys from the Pac 12.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett seems to suffer injuries all too often so it depends how well he plays and how much. He is stellar when he's at his best. But if I flip through my notes I see alot of mistakes or missed tackles! He is the best safety we've had in some time. It would suck if both Burnett and Dix hit FA, but I doubt it.

If Davante has a similar season as last he may over price himself to a team who thinks he's a #1.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Burnett seems to suffer injuries all too often so it depends how well he plays and how much. He is stellar when he's at his best. But if I flip through my notes I see alot of mistakes or missed tackles! He is the best safety we've had in some time. It would suck if both Burnett and Dix hit FA, but I doubt it.

If Davante has a similar season as last he may over price himself to a team who thinks he's a #1.

Brice is faster then both of them. I like him to develop which would make Burnett expendable.

Brice and HaHa could be a great combo.

D

Deleted member 6794

Brice is faster then both of them. I like him to develop which would make Burnett expendable.

Brice and HaHa could be a great combo.

While Brice is more athletic than both Burnett and Clinton-Dix he has to develop into a better football player before the Packers should feel comfortable about starting him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While Brice is more athletic than both Burnett and Clinton-Dix he has to develop into a better football player before the Packers should feel comfortable about starting him.

Maybe this year at some point he makes that jump therefore not needing to resign Burnett. Brice is one of the few young guys I am actually excited about.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe this year at some point he makes that jump therefore not needeing to resign Burnett. Brice is one of the few young guys I actually am excited about.

There's no doubt Brice showed some promise but he still has a long way to go before turning into a decent starter at the pro level.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe the plan is to run a lot of 3 safety scheme with all three of them.

It's possible the coaching staff plans on using Burnett closer to the LOS with Clinton-Dix and Brice playing high. The latter would still have to significantly improve for this alignment to work successfully in the long haul though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hey Captain, do you think Brice would be ok if he improved a bunch? :whistling:

The thing I'm trying to say is that Brice showed some flashes last season and has most likely all the tools necessary to turn into a decent player at the pro level but has to reduce the mental mistakes to be successful. I feel more confident about him getting it done than a lot of other backups on the roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The thing I'm trying to say is that Brice showed some flashes last season and has most likely all the tools necessary to turn into a decent player at the pro level but has to reduce the mental mistakes to be successful. I feel more confident about him getting it done than a lot of other backups on the roster.

Hard to argue with this. How many players have we seen over the years show flashes of "greatness", but once given a starting role it becomes relatively obvious why they were an UDFA.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Urban Meyer reminds me a bit of Bill Belichick, one of the best in his profession, but if you aren't a Buckeye fan, you probably despise him and credit his winning record to "luck, cheating, etc." instead of just saying "Not a fan, but one hell of a coach".

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember anyone thinking Thompson was great at drafting cornerbacks. His best moves at the positions involve two undrafted free agents in Shields and Tramon.
House (5th round), Hayward (2nd), Hyde (5th)? I think we can all see the pattern for future drafts ~ an H named player in the 5th round, EVERY year, to keep the CB pipeline filled! Howard Wilson from Houston? ;).

Members online

Latest posts