Ones gotta go

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and Burnett are both playing in contract years next season. I don't see both coming back. Burnett is a vet, and solid but he's nothing special at SS.
Adams will never be a true #1 and still sometimes suffers from the dropsies but would Teddy dare **** off his qb by letting one of his favorite targets walk? I mean if you're not going to build a good defense mise well give Rodgers all the tools he needs to score points.

My feeling is Adams will be resigned during the season. Burnett not so much. Probably his last year in GB in favor of the younger and cheaper Brice.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett, even though I like both players a lot.

Davante was really good last year and he'll only get better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Davante is going to have the "AR aided Stats" and want too much money. Cleveland will offer him $12M+ and he walks away from the Packers.

I see Burnett as the glue of the defense and the 1 guy Elliot Wolf (yeah I said it) will want back.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Adams stays...Burnette goes...I REALLY liked the play of Brice this season. Am excited to get a whole season out of him. But it is clear where the Packers head is right now...Keep the offense rolling as long as we have Aaron Rodgers. Since 2011, our defense has been easily the most inconsistent defense in the game. Hell, try Randall back out at his natural position. He's a good football player when he actually knows where he is supposed to be.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante is going to have the "AR aided Stats" and want too much money. Cleveland will offer him $12M+ and he walks away from the Packers.

I see Burnett as the glue of the defense and the 1 guy Elliot Wolf (yeah I said it) will want back.
Just a gut feeling here, but I can see Davante wanting to stay as long as AR12 is throwing him the ball.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a gut feeling here, but I can see Davante wanting to stay as long as AR12 is throwing him the ball.

I agree. Adams is just solid at best imo. He's not a guy you look at and think man he's a beast. He needs weapons around him to open things up for him and having Aaron Rodgers is just what the WR Dr. Ordered. However I do think he's reigned due to the fact that Jordy will be 32 and on the downside of his career and Cobb won't be resigned after his contract is up.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody could come flying out of the woodwork, but outside of these two, Linsley and Taylor are the only two current starters who will be UFA next year.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody could come flying out of the woodwork, but outside of these two, Linsley and Taylor are the only two current starters who will be UFA next year.

They definitely need to try to keep Linsley. Taylor is ok and I think could be easier to replace than Linsley . Then again Knowing this coaching staff Barclay could end up your starting center in a few years haha

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why exactly do you believe one has to go?

Neither are going to command top dollar. Neither will Taylor. The only one's who would are Ha Ha and Lynsley (possibly) out of the guys about to come up and they can push Ha Ha back another year by exercising the 5th year option.

Not saying its a lock both Adams and Burnett will be back but i guess I'm just not seeing an "either or" scenerio. Truth be told I'd be suprised if neither hit week 6 without a new deal allready signed

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why exactly do you believe one has to go?

Neither are going to command top dollar. Neither will Taylor. The only one's who would are Ha Ha and Lynsley (possibly) out of the guys about to come up and they can push Ha Ha back another year by exercising the 5th year option.

Not saying its a lock both Adams and Burnett will be back but i guess I'm just not seeing an "either or" scenerio. Truth be told I'd be suprised if neither hit week 6 without a new deal allready signed

Maybe because they think that one of them will want a hundred grand more than what the great TT has set for them and won't budge on?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe because they think that one of them will want a hundred grand more than what the great TT has set for them and won't budge on?

Considering all the FAs that left this year were pretty grossly overpaid that's quite the reach.

(The lone exception to the overpaid remark is Tretter. He got fair value imo. The problem though had we resigned him he'd be overpaid for his role on this team as a backup)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about what haha is going to want.
If I had to choose between Adams or Burnett. I keep Burnett. We have wrs. It seems Ted Thompson can draft a we in any round and he sticks. Spend a second and you get Jordy, Cobb, Adams type talent...

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about what haha is going to want.
If I had to choose between Adams or Burnett. I keep Burnett. We have wrs. It seems Ted Thompson can draft a we in any round and he sticks. Spend a second and you get Jordy, Cobb, Adams type talent...

Well up untill Randall and Rollins regressing last year the majority opinion was TT was great at drafting CBs also so I wouldn't take anything for granted.

Also while they could lock up Ha Ha they'll most likely exercise his 5th year option and push that decision back a year. His option is for 6.9 I think

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davant (I refuse to put the E in his name until I see E on the field) "Dropall Paddlehands" Adams has to go! Should not have even been drafted. Though I do think Burnett will be leaving too.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Davant (I refuse to put the E in his name until I see E on the field) "Dropall Paddlehands" Adams has to go! Should not have even been drafted. Though I do think Burnett will be leaving too.

He improved last season sure had a few drops but he was mostly reliable. Hes probably not going to be the #1 but he is solid enough to keep around if the price is right.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk. I think Devante is going to think he's a #1...and want #1 money especially if he duplicates this year. If TDT does decide to pay him then say bye to either Cobb or Jordy because I can't phantom paying 3 WRs #1 wr money. Expect to see more of Geronimo next season and 1 of the three steadily get phased out of the offense. Should be interesting!!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not hit the panic paddles yet. ddp is a budding beast. burnett really??!!! don't resign him if he costs too much. the defense is already a laughingstock - re sign chuck cecil.

D

Deleted member 6794

I exoect the Packers to try and re-sign both Adams and Burnett. With only some starters headed for free agency in 2018 the team should have ample cap space to retain all of their core players.

Well up untill Randall and Rollins regressing last year the majority opinion was TT was great at drafting CBs also so I wouldn't take anything for granted.

I can't remember anyone thinking Thompson was great at drafting cornerbacks. His best moves at the positions involve two undrafted free agents in Shields and Tramon.

H

HardRightEdge

Adams will never be a true #1 and still sometimes suffers from the dropsies but would Teddy dare **** off his qb by letting one of his favorite targets walk?
That depends on what the market will bear and who else ya got at the time. Rodgers wanted to keep Cook; they got somebody else; everybody's happy.

I expect a WR in the top 3 picks, maybe top 2. If he plays well, then there's a decision.

Best guess:

1st. round: CB
2nd. round: WR
3rd. round: gas station or motel

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

lets not hit the panic paddles yet. ddp is a budding beast. burnett really??!!! don't resign him if he costs too much. the defense is already a laughingstock - re sign chuck cecil.
Burnett was the best player in this D-backfield last season, and arguably the best player on this defense, and with Hyde's departure he's the most versatile. If 2017 is a repeat performance and, given safety longevity, it would be difficult to let him go.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you really did have to choose, it would obviously be the 25 year old wide receiver just entering his prime over the 29 year old safety. But similarly to others, I'm not convinced that they will really have to pick.

H

HardRightEdge

If you really did have to choose, it would obviously be the 25 year old wide receiver just entering his prime over the 29 year old safety. But similarly to others, I'm not convinced that they will really have to pick.
No, that really depends on how they perform this season and who else ya got when the time comes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Even speculating on "keeping Burnett or Adams" at this point is nothing more than an exercise in guessing. I doubt either of them get resigned anytime soon. Resigning one or both will most likely depend on what they as well as players behind them in the depth chart do in 2017. A year ago today, how would you have answered "resign Perry or Sitton"?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That depends on what the market will bear and who else ya got at the time. Rodgers wanted to keep Cook; they got somebody else; everybody's happy.

I expect a WR in the top 3 picks, maybe top 2. If he plays well, then there's a decision.

Best guess:

1st. round: CB
2nd. round: WR
3rd. round: gas station or motel

I wouldn't be be opposed to taking a wr in rd two just as long as they take a defensive player (preferably corner) in rd 1. I like
Curtis Samuel from Ohio State. He's literally a guy who who will have a Percy Harvin effect by being able to play all over the offense, and be a threat in the return game. I'm pretty sure this guy is on Teddys radar already.

Members online

Latest posts