Official studs and duds Seattle

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'll tell you there is a dud on this very board. About ten seconds after the loss on the chat a person who's user name I will not repeat, was calling for Mike McCarthy to be fired. I was saying what do we have here, some fair weather fan? What was he, somebody who switched from being a Bears fan or something?

Mike wasn't Mr. Whoops on the onside kick. Mike wasn't playing defense in the last 4 minutes.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you there is a dud on this very board. About ten seconds after the loss on the chat a person who's user name I will not repeat, was calling for Mike McCarthy to be fired. I was saying what do we have here, some fair weather fan? What was he, somebody who switched from being a Bears fan or something?

Mike wasn't Mr. Whoops on the onside kick. Mike wasn't playing defense in the last 4 minutes.

Yeah, but Mike sure was calling those great inside tackle runs on 1st 2nd and 3rd down with 5 minutes to go up 12.

Funny, he didn't have a problem throwing the ball last week vs Dallas in the exact same situation.

Denzel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is to blame, but the red-zone offense has been troubling since the start of 2013. We need a Finley type of player.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but Mike sure was calling those great inside tackle runs on 1st 2nd and 3rd down with 5 minutes to go up 12.

Funny, he didn't have a problem throwing the ball last week vs Dallas in the exact same situation.

Did anyone else besides America notice Sherman clutching his arm and barely able to do anything? Are our sideline coaches really that clueless?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone else besides America notice Sherman clutching his arm and barely able to do anything? Are our sideline coaches really that clueless?

Welcome back.....

I was wondering why Rodgers woulent toss one pass that way and see how Sherman was. Test the waters a bit but meh... Doesnt matter now

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk was the only one there. Ryan didn't have to outrun anyone other than him. Unless I was missing something from the tv angle it looked like Hawk was in no mans land with no help on either end.

Nope Ryan was not going to make the first down. He said he only threw it when #50 (the immortal AJ Hawk) broke coverage.

Completely changed the game.

Bye AJ.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if he didn't come up, he runs for a first down. He had no good choice.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is to blame, but the red-zone offense has been troubling since the start of 2013. We need a Finley type of player.
A lot of people were under the impression that Bostick would be that guy, for reasons I never understood. I think that ship has sailed once and for all. I would be surprised if we didn't get another TE in the first 2 rounds next year.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone make a case for Slocum and Zook returning? Its not just this game....its all year...its the blocked kicks...its the past years...its the kickoff return blocking....its a lot of things and its a long time coming. Capers made adjustments this year and some guys finally developed. He made a few bad calls this game but he had these men prepared today to win.

QFT. I am officially off the Fire Capers bandwagon.

All I can say is that we saw almost all of the Packers' weaknesses show up right at the end:

MM's infuriating conservative coaching mentality near the end of games.
Red zone woes.
STs continuing nightmare.

All of them reared their ugly head today.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly. Sherman was playing with 1 arm and Mike STILL DIDN'T throw the ball. There's no killer instinct on this team.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao at this stupid *** thread.[/QUOTE
This is 10xs worse than the fail Mary game. I feel sorry for Rodgers bug time..played the best he could on one good leg to have the defense blow another playoff game yet again. Wth slides with 5 minutes left in a championship game after an interception? Only one of our players smh. That could've been another 3 points right there.
feel bad for Rodgers? The D is to blame? Can't agree. This is on the coaches.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
feel bad for Rodgers? The D is to blame? Can't agree. This is on the coaches.

All the way down to the last play of the game where there was no safety help in the middle to help Tramon.

I still don't know what Richardson was reading on that play.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Sherman was playing with 1 arm and Mike STILL DIDN'T throw the ball. There's no killer instinct on this team.

There even talking about that here in Seattle. Sherman's arm got the best of Kam Chancellor hit, and he said following the game he could not extend it because of the pain. But he also said he was determined regardless of having a broken wing, that nobody was going to be open that he was covering. Maybe that's why no ball was thrown his way. I'm sure AR was smart enough to give that coverage a glance.

BlueRaptor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted here before the game, that for GB to win in our house they would have to have a big lead in the first half, (they did), and then in the 4th quarter be able to hold that lead. Pete Carroll's has been saying all year, "It's not how you start the game, It's how you finish." Which is why in the seven previous games, the Seahawks have outscored opponents 102 to 20 in the second half.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted here before the game, that for GB to win in our house they would have to have a big lead in the first half, (they did), and then in the 4th quarter be able to hold that lead. Pete Carroll's has been saying all year, "It's not how you start the game, It's how you finish." Which is why in the seven previous games, the Seahawks have outscored opponents 102 to 20 in the second half.

And the Packers gift-wrapped it for the Seahawks. Seriously, credit the Hawks for their heart. The Packers had this game and gave it away in so many ways, one of which was playing not to lose rather than playing to win in the 2nd half.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There even talking about that here in Seattle. Sherman's arm got the best of Kam Chancellor hit, and he said following the game he could not extend it because of the pain. But he also said he was determined regardless of having a broken wing, that nobody was going to be open that he was covering. Maybe that's why no ball was thrown his way. I'm sure AR was smart enough to give that coverage a glance.

AR throws to who is open...While one would think that Sherman was going to have an issue, if the WR isnt open why chance it

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the 1 positive thing to come out of today, somewhere, in some impoverished nation some lucky kids are getting their Green Bay NFC champs hats and shirts.
It's okay three weeks ago they got their Lions division champion hats and t-shirts.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense was for 56 minutes a stud and then epic shellshock.

No one on the offense was a stud. They were all duds. Could not run the ball in crucial situations, heck, for awhile could not even make it back to the LOS. Passing was just as interesting. 56 passing rating? A defense gets you 5 turnovers and you lose?

Special Teams......Let's not go there again, and again, and again,

Total coaching and team fail and meltdown. Probably the worst in team history because for 55 minutes they had total control. Embarrassing choke job.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The defense was for 56 minutes a stud and then epic shellshock.

No one on the offense was a stud. They were all duds. Could not run the ball in crucial situations, heck, for awhile could not even make it back to the LOS. Passing was just as interesting. 56 passing rating? A defense gets you 5 turnovers and you lose?

Special Teams......Let's not go there again, and again, and again,

Total coaching and team fail and meltdown. Probably the worst in team history because for 55 minutes they had total control. Embarrassing choke job.

Don't forget the "forced fumble" we got out of Brad Jones today.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss will sting for every true Packer fan forever. As great as they looked in the first 3 quarters,it's amazing how scared and pathetic they looked at the end. Hindsight is always right,but there were SO many times the Packers and their coaching staff looked bad...real bad. The FG's put some points on the board,but who really thought that was going to be enough? I really think Eddie needs to be lined up where Kuhn is in the backfield and /or James Starks(who's quicker to the hole)needs to be in on goal line situations. The 3 man rush was an epic bad call by Capers,Wilson cannot throw accurately unless he's standing in the pocket...he had ALL day to find someone. 6 points on 5 TO's? A surefire recipe for disaster. The talk at my house was all about the conservative(maybe too weak of a description)play calling when they needed to get some first downs. Why take the ball out of the best player in football's hands and try to hang on instead of going for the throat? The 2 point conversion Seattle converted was embarrassing. That pass looked like a punt and we seemed to be helpless against it. Selling out for the run on what turned out to be the last play of the game was a sorry way for the season to end. No safety help left Tramon on an island and Wilson made a helluva throw. Bostick made a very undisciplined attempt for the onside kick when his job was to keep people off Jordy to make the catch. That alone will probably get him sent down the road. When you screw up your assignment and it costs you a Super Bowl appearance I would think it's curtains for him. Slocum is probably gone also because two special teams ****** in the NFC championship is hard to overlook. I love the Pack with every fiber of my being,so this one will never be forgotten. The Packers are as good as any team in the NFL,they're just not better than every team in the NFL.