Official studs and duds Seattle

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
That just upsets me! I posted on FB were going to the SB right before the collapse so imagine how I feel? I'm embarrassed for all packer fans because I'm sure I'm not the only one who was ready to celebrate a trip to the SB just to have this sorry pathetic execution ruin it!

It upsets you that I won't kiss your butt?

Look you can choose to be embarrassed and continue to be a doubter all you want. It's your life.

I recommend that you stay away from the stock market as it seems you are not a very good predictor of future events. All season long, you strongly believed this team was crap. Then, according to what you just posted on your actions away from this board, it seems that you started to predict good things only to have the team crumble in epid fashion.

Perhaps it's a good thing for the Packers for you to continue predicting their doom?

:tdown:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It upsets you that I won't kiss your butt?

Look you can choose to be embarrassed and continue to be a doubter all you want. It's your life.

I recommend that you stay away from the stock market as it seems you are not a very good predictor of future events. All season long, you strongly believed this team was crap. Then, according to what you just posted on your actions away from this board, it seems that you started to predict good things only to have the team crumble in epid fashion.

Perhaps it's a good thing for the Packers for you to continue predicting their doom?

:tdown:

OMG you missed it smh. I'm done sir God bless.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing the game isn't the biggest disappointment, it's throwing away the opportunity to be great. This team was doubted before the season started, when the season started, when we were 1-2 and 5-3, and even when the regular season finished. We went to the most-feared stadium in Football and made the Seahawks look ordinary for long periods. We had a crocked Quarterback who had the opportunity to add to his legacy and create a story which would be talked about for many years to come, and in the last five minutes we let all of that slip.

A lot of lessons will be learnt from this game and it'll make us a better team overall. We have some work to be done but we'll be back next season with something to prove. GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That just upsets me! I posted on FB were going to the SB right before the collapse so imagine how I feel? I'm embarrassed for all packer fans because I'm sure I'm not the only one who was ready to celebrate a trip to the SB just to have this sorry pathetic execution ruin it!

Have you not learned to wait till a game is over to declare something?

That is why the bet, you said not a playoff team in the 1st game .. Wanted you to realize that making bold statements can make you look silly

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you not learned to wait till a game is over to declare something?

That is why the bet, you said not a playoff team in the 1st game .. Wanted you to realize that making bold statements can make you look silly

Packers have made me look "silly "'all year long ...nothing new. They just went out with a bang! Maybe I should've said not a SB team eh? Smh

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Rodgers on the offense tying the game at 22, the offense, defense and special teams had terrible execution from about 5 minutes left in the game on. Bostick, Barrinngton on Lynch's big catch, Hayward and Williams getting beat, Haha on the 2 pt conversion, the whole right side of the defense on Lynch's TD, the blocking during the Packer run, run, run series.

To me this comes down to poor play and bad mistakes at bad times more than coaching.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Rodgers on the offense tying the game at 22, the offense, defense and special teams had terrible execution from about 5 minutes left in the game on. Bostick, Barrinngton on Lynch's big catch, Hayward and Williams getting beat, Haha on the 2 pt conversion, the whole right side of the defense on Lynch's TD, the blocking during the Packer run, run, run series.

To me this comes down to poor play and bad mistakes at bad times more than coaching.

Bingo. The last 5 minutes of the game are all on the Packers lack of execution. Seattle didn't beat the packers the Packers beAt the packers. Perfect example of why you have to play all 60 minutes.

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't help but feel the team was a big dud. BUT it wouldn't have been this close without some studs. This is hard...but here we go..

Studs:
A-rod - He's our leader...on. one. leg. ..I know he looked good but he was still hurting i'm sure.
lacy - I thought when he ran... he ran hard, and made that scary defense look pretty average.
cobb - He was in the hospital the day before...and got a touchdown. overall nice day
o-line - A-rod had all day for the most part..and run game was solid.
Ha-Ha - He showed why we drafted him in the first round. glad he'll be a packer for years to come.

duds:
a certain player who's name begins with Bo and ends with stik. Hopefully we cut him cause you can't cost a team a trip to the super bowl and come back..unless you're a star player who kept the team in the game to begin with...which i'm pretty sure bostik has never or never will do.

hawk - always too slow.
Ha-Ha - made my studs list but he's gotta be a dud for that two point conversion. If he just tips the ball we win on a last minute field goal.
nelson - maybe not a real dud...but he dropped a few and never played to his "star" ability in the two playoff games this season.
the greed bay packers - ultimately a loss like this is on everyone. Players and coaches blew this game. It will sting forever... and much more than the fail mary. It will personally haunt my dreams. UNTIL we win another Super Bowl.

I'm sure there were more duds in this sad and pathetic loss but thats what came to my mind.

The Anti Bear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's going to haunt Bostick for the rest of his life, not that I'm going to forget about it either. :confused:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DJJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the entire team and coaching staff was a dud. There was not a single stud in the entire game because if there was we would not have lost that game all it took was one stud for us to win that game but one didn't exist.
Second half coaching was the biggest DUD. McCarthy played not to lose instead of playing to win. He has done that in the past so it's no surprise.

The Anti Bear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be the team's offense started playing it safer in the 2nd half and the defense was a disaster in the 4th quarter. I still can't believe this happened.

H

HardRightEdge

Exactly. Burnett's play changed the game. Seahawks have no hope if he returns the ball to FG range. He gave them hope.
Right. Notice Peppers was signalling Burnett to take the dive. Very poor clock awareness, and the "game over" sideline celebration that ensued was a bad omen. My wife was laughing when I yelled, "what are you doing?"

But it was one false step after another down the stretch, with the defense going flat after a stellar first half, giving up nearly 350 yds. in the second half + OT.

My recommendations:

1. Put Bostick on suicide watch.
2. Fire Capers.

H

HardRightEdge

Studs: Burnette, HAHA, Crosby, Aaron for keeping us in this game while limping around the field.. big heart
Duds: Whoever is responsible for rushing 3 on 3rd and 19 should take lashes
It wasn't even "rush 3"; it was rush 2 with a spy. Inexplicable, unconscionable, dreadful.

The Anti Bear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Notice Peppers was signalling Burnett to take the dive. Very poor clock awareness, and the "game over" sideline celebration that ensued was a bad omen. My wife was laughing when I yelled, "what are you doing?"

But it was one false step after another down the stretch, with the defense going flat after a stellar first half, giving up nearly 350 yds. in the second half + OT.

My recommendations:

1. Put Bostick on suicide watch.
2. Fire Capers.
Put Bostick on suicide watch for sure. That was one painful move that changed the whole outcome of the game. I don't know about firing Capers though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts