Official Packers Vs Vikings

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only reason we win is because of rookie qb for the vikings, they will run at us and we will bend but they will have to throw the ball and i think he will make mistakes

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Closer than most think. Vikings have trouble with the no huddle, and Packers D has trouble with the run game.

Packers 33
Vikings 31

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings says he doesn't regret leaving gb. In other words he values money over success on the field.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take the Packers 34 to 24. But they're going to be tested by either QB the Yikes put on the field.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m not trying to be negative here but I think people are taking this rookie QB(Bridgewater) too lightly. He showed he is mobile the other night and our defense isn`t exactly good at containment at the moment ! The only hope we have is to pressure him enough to panic him into throwing a pick.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m not trying to be negative here but I think people are taking this rookie QB(Bridgewater) too lightly. He showed he is mobile the other night and our defense isn`t exactly good at containment at the moment ! The only hope we have is to pressure him enough to panic him into throwing a pick.
Im not sure how many people saw that game. He looked like he could be Kap 2.o but it look like he passed even better.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

regardless of how good he may very well become it will be only his second start, playing against fierce rivals, in a pressure situation. You would have to bet that he will struggle to perform consistently this year and this will be a very big game for him and the team...im sure he will make mistakes especially if we start like we did at chicago on offense and just like cutler the pressure will tell

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2012 AP just carved the D for a total of 408 yards. plus 98 more in the playoffs.

Well, all of AP's stats are mostly just that. The Packers are 10-2-1 in games against Minisota with Peterson in the game and no traitor Favre helping them. Throw in 2009 and it's 10-4-1 all time and those games were due to Favre, not Peterson.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the Viqueens were that good or Atlanta just becomes that bad playing on the road outdoors. Probably a little of both. At least the Packers will be looking at film of Minisota at its best so complacency about this opponent shouldn't be an issue.

The new coaching staff there does seem to be making some improvements over the previous regime but much of the same personnel is there still with the same tendencies and weaknesses that can be exploited.

Their defense remains suspect. Even on a bad day the Falcons put up 411 yds and 28 pts and rallied from a 13 pt deficit to take the lead in the 3rd qtr. Had they put the pedal to the metal they might have closed the deal instead of taking an embarrassing loss.

Their offense against our defense, though, is a concern. Their o-line is big and will be able to blow our anemic front off the line in the rush game and whether it's Bridgewater or Ponder their qb's can run for big first downs or even score if the Packers are playing off or out of position.

Cordarelle Patterson and Sherels on returns will be another problem. The Packers coverage teams are prone to allowing a big return or two in a game.

It will be essential for the Packers to get off to a fast start and play with the lead early. That could break the Queenies confidence but if they get ahead or stay close they will believe they can win and this game could turn out to be a real nail-biter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If Teddy does play, he hasnt had any practice time to prepare for his 2nd NFL start..

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win 27-17.

D holds in points but gives up chunk yards. Wouldn't shock me to see them have another takeaway or Two but to get handled up front by the Queens o-line.

*BOLD PREDICTION
Peppers records a pair of sacks

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't hold the Yikes to 17 points if we give up 500 yards and let them control the clock for 35-40 minutes UNLESS we win the turnover battle by about 4. Turnovers are as much luck as anything, and I don't like depending on luck to win games, like the Bears traditionally do.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Yikes' defense is strong against the run, very weak against the pass--which should play to our strength. But MM states we need to run the ball more often: http://host.madison.com/sports/foot...cle_8b9f4b18-b171-59db-b994-16bd50d26542.html

So, I see the Packers forcing the run at the outset, which likely makes the game closer than it should be. MM can be quite stubborn.

The Vikings defense is actually in the middle of the pack in both run and pass defense. I really don´t get it either why McCarthy wants to run the ball more, it seems passing to start the game vs. the Bears worked pretty well on Sunday.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for getting a run game going, but I also think starting fast is important. I am all for trying to establish a run, but if we are having success passing, let's get a lead first.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a close game. If Teddy was healthy, I'd be more inclined to think the Vikings have a shot. The Vikings have a top 10 defense and will slow down the Packers offense as much as a team can (especially with the weather), but I just don't know how mobile Bridgewater will be. Once of his best assets is his pocket presence and movement. If he loses that, I don't think they win.

All that being said, I can't pick my team to lose. Packers defense is not very good and it looks like the Vikings have the ground game on the right track.

Vikings 27
Packers 24

Latest posts