Official Packers Vs Vikings

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers played a great game last night.

Disclaimer: Anything posted below is not an excuse, it is my opinion on what I saw during the 3/4 of a game I watched. Yeah, I could take no more and turned it off at the end of the third Quarter.

Ponder sucks. I thought that maybe he would flourish in Turners system. Half of the missed passes, high passes, late passes, Bridgewater makes. He is that bad. The Vikings just need to dump him. Not even keep him as a 3rd QB. I am pretty sure Chandler Harnish could have done better and he has only been with the team since last week. That long pass to Wright that was 5 yards to one side, Bridgewater puts that in Wrights hands.

The Vikings O-line was run over by the Packers D-line. The O-line did Ponder no favors in being a sieve. I haven't seen play that bad since my college hockey team beat Chicago North 49-0. I do believe Ponder has this ability to suck the life force out other Viking players on the field. Including the defense.

The Defense. Other than being burned by a couple of good Rodgers throws, they spent most of game doing pretty well. After the first two TD's they stiffened up. But it's hard to keep it up when your offense gives points away to the other team. I don't think they expected the Packers run game to do so well. I thought I saw a holds on a couple of Lacy's good runs, but that's a moot point. They should have had him at the LOS. No excuses'.

Don't be to hyped up about the beat down on the Vikings offense. After all, if the Packers came to MN and they had Peterson, Rudolph and Bridgewater, while the Packers were without Rodgers, Lacy and Nelson. And they had Tolzien starting at QB. Not sure how well they would have done. Not making an excuse, just perspective.

I did think they would have played a better game than they did. I hope they do against the Lions.

Being a fan when you team wins is easy, being a fan when they lose, not so much.
I'm surprised they kept Ponder in there.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

i'm gonna go for the pack to win by 30+ points, maybe something like 42-10

wish i could have been arsed to stay up to watch it last ni
Backup was Chandler Harnish, who was signed to the Practice squad on Monday, yeah, this past Monday, like 4 days ago. Although, I am not sure he could have done worse.

For what its worth Raptor, I like the whole Bridgewater thing. He looks good, he seems humble, and I saw the thing about his relationship with his Mom. I think you`ve got a winner there. IMHO

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were screwed. The back up was the last player picked in the draft for another team, signed 4 days ago, and didnt know the playbook at all. They couldnt focus on the run since they were down by so much. It was either give up and just run the ball or keep ponder in there looking for the next packer to throw it to.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Disclaimer: Anything posted below is not an excuse, it is my opinion on what I saw during the 3/4 of a game I watched. Yeah, I could take no more and turned it off at the end of the third Quarter.

Ponder sucks. I thought that maybe he would flourish in Turners system. Half of the missed passes, high passes, late passes, Bridgewater makes. He is that bad. The Vikings just need to dump him. Not even keep him as a 3rd QB. I am pretty sure Chandler Harnish could have done better and he has only been with the team since last week. That long pass to Wright that was 5 yards to one side, Bridgewater puts that in Wrights hands.

The Vikings O-line was run over by the Packers D-line. The O-line did Ponder no favors in being a sieve. I haven't seen play that bad since my college hockey team beat Chicago North 49-0. I do believe Ponder has this ability to suck the life force out other Viking players on the field. Including the defense.

The Defense. Other than being burned by a couple of good Rodgers throws, they spent most of game doing pretty well. After the first two TD's they stiffened up. But it's hard to keep it up when your offense gives points away to the other team. I don't think they expected the Packers run game to do so well. I thought I saw a holds on a couple of Lacy's good runs, but that's a moot point. They should have had him at the LOS. No excuses'.

Don't be to hyped up about the beat down on the Vikings offense. After all, if the Packers came to MN and they had Peterson, Rudolph and Bridgewater, while the Packers were without Rodgers, Lacy and Nelson. And they had Tolzien starting at QB. Not sure how well they would have done. Not making an excuse, just perspective.

I did think they would have played a better game than they did. I hope they do against the Lions.

Being a fan when you team wins is easy, being a fan when they lose, not so much.

I'm sure at least the score would have been different with AP and Bridgewater, but there is no comparison to having Bridgewater out for Ponder to having Rodgers out for Tolzien. Bridgewater is not your Aaron Rodgers. At least not yet after one start at this point in his career.

I do like him also, though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best point made on these forums in years. Some of the older guys know about this from the Packers side through the 70s and 80s...or 50s if you're really old

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only thing I'd disagree on is the O-Line. I'm not saying they player great, but Bridgewater was under pressure against the Falcons plenty of times and faced the blitz. It's funny how much of a difference getting the ball out quickly and moving around in the pocket can make.

Perfect example was on that Peppers pick 6. Bridgewater would have stepped to the left and avoided that contact.

Again, they didn't play that great, but Teddy would have made them look a lot better.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I'd disagree on is the O-Line. I'm not saying they player great, but Bridgewater was under pressure against the Falcons plenty of times and faced the blitz. It's funny how much of a difference getting the ball out quickly and moving around in the pocket can make.

Perfect example was on that Peppers pick 6. Bridgewater would have stepped to the left and avoided that contact.

Again, they didn't play that great, but Teddy would have made them look a lot better.
I hope that we get to play against Teddy in the rematch in Minny.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For what its worth Raptor, I like the whole Bridgewater thing. He looks good, he seems humble, and I saw the thing about his relationship with his Mom. I think you`ve got a winner there. IMHO
Along the lines of a citizen's arrest, I'm imposing a one hour, put a stupid looking hat on and sit facing the corner and THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE! There's no praise for the Vikings allowed!! Particularly for moderators - you're supposed to be setting an example!!! It's one thing to post Raptor is not a horrible person (high praise considering), but praising a Vikings player??!!! For shame, Bill, for shame!!!

(Don't make me use more !!!!!!!!!!!!!s)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Along the lines of a citizen's arrest, I'm imposing a one hour, put a stupid looking hat on and sit facing the corner and THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE! There's no praise for the Vikings allowed!! Particularly for moderators - you're supposed to be setting an example!!! It's one thing to post Raptor is not a horrible person (high praise considering), but praising a Vikings player??!!! For shame, Bill, for shame!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Lighten up Francis!!!!!

I

I don`t know what came over me :cry:. I`ll hand my badge in at the door.

H

HardRightEdge

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Lighten up Francis!!!!!
Did somebody mention "Lighten Up" Francis? The 400 lb. undrafted free agent NT? I hear Thompson is looking at him for the practice squad.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty much the same way I see it Raptor. I was very impressed by the way the Minnesota defense played. Yes they got beat badly on a few plays but even in the second half they were playing hard. I respect that and think it shows that the staff seems to have a pretty good handle on things. I don't think this team will completely collapse if the QB play evens out a little. It's tough sledding when you fall behind 2 TD's early to the Packers. Even with the injuries, I think the Vikes are probably a 7-9 win team.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We were in the above scenario last November at Lambeau Field...no Rodgers, no Cobb, no Finley, no Bulaga (and I can't remember the 10 others who were probably on IR at that time!). Tolzein was giving the football to the Vikings like candy on Halloween. We finally had to put in our 4th stringer (Flynn who had recently gotten off of the bus to GB!) to get a respectable tie in that game! So been there!

That being said, yes it is easier to be a fan when winning! Having endured the 70s and 80s, I like MM's mantra of never being too high or low after a win or loss. It is "good fortune to win" and "better luck" next time after a loss! I commiserated with my Viking friends after the last game fully realizing that the tables will turn in the future! As a Packer fan, I understand that 5 number one draft choices in the last 2yrs and a coaching staff that doesn't look lost, may spell trouble in the future for my GBP.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't think it's whether the ball is wet or dry the affects Ponder, it's the mere fact that it is football.
The thing that sucked the most. He was still making the same damn mistakes he made as a rookie. You would think that he would have gotten it by now. I would be really surprised if anyone signs him in FA after that game.

I

The thing that sucked the most. He was still making the same damn mistakes he made as a rookie. You would think that he would have gotten it by now. I would be really surprised if anyone signs him in FA after that game.

Well we like him, so we hope you keep him in the squad ;)

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling the league will get back in order over the next few weeks and the stars will get back in line...and the turds will sink back to the bottom and thursday was the start of that.

I was laughing my arsh off last week with all this talk about how the vikes beat the mighty falcons. matty ice and that crew are not all that.

the pack is going to win this division again. the lions will pizz down their legs and the bears are the bears. the vikes...lmao...ya...enough said.

great game...was there...what a blast

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe Ponder is deliberately tanking it? Pissed off the Queens gave up on him, drafted Bridgewater, the fans and media always on his case. His facial expression and body language sure didn't look like a guy who was interested or fired up to win a big game for his team.

My guess is he goes up to Canada and plays for a few years. Stays in the game, makes a few bucks and then goes after a job in broadcasting. Hey, Sean Salisbury did for awhile.

Members online

Latest posts