Official Packers Vs Vikings

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction of justice. The murder charges were dropped in exchange for Lewis' testimony against two guys, presumably the knife-wielders. Lewis knew what happened, initially pretended he didn't, then rolled over under the murder charge pressure. If you know a man by the company he keeps....

Murder charges dropped in exchange for a guilty plea on obstruction?
If they had a case on him for murder they would have tried him. They didn't. Not even close. All witnesses say he was the peacemaker in the conflict minus one with a sketchy criminal history.

Defendants were acquitted by reason of self defense, in the eyes of the court this was not considered a murder

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to just shut up
He really does need to shut up. The only reason anyone is even interviewing him is because he is playing his former team. The rest of the season he is virtually invisible and irrelevant. Hows that Old Spice ad going!!!
If Teddy does play, he hasnt had any practice time to prepare for his 2nd NFL start..
This is why I don't think he is going to play and they are just making DC prepare for him. The qb is the most important player on the field. Add in that this guy is a rookie making his 2nd start makes this crazy. The only similarities between the defense he faced last week and the packers is that both give up a lot of yards. I think they keep him as a GTD and ponder starts . They can't deactivate him without a roster move because it would be insane to play with 1 active qb.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson challenged all the DBS to make plays and they flourished under Woodson. It's like when he left so did the ints. The DBS had a different swag about them when Woodson was back there. Heck Hayward had what?? 6 pics his rookie season? He hasn't had one in like a full yr . Charles would challenge the DBS to not only try to get pics but turn them into points . It was a mistake to let him go because a safety still has yet to emerge. haha is still learning but he can't tackle. Also I'd like to see Micah Hyde more at nickle
Woodson was an "instinctive" player--just like Adderley. It's why they made big plays. This coaching staff doesn't like players to be instinctive. It's why Bishop wasn't on the field until Barnett was injured. Seems to me the opposite of "instinctive" is "tentative". And we've got a lot of that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adam Schefter reports that signs are pointing toward Bridgewater not playing today.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
indifferent on who plays QB for the vikings. Result should be the same either way

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Network is saying that Bridgewater is looking "less and less likely as the day goes on if you read between the tea leaves". I think that's good news for us, but it doesn't guarantee a win. Last year a Christian Ponder-led Vikings got a 26-26 tie against us, and put up 31 in their loss to us. Ponder had 0 INT's in those games, and passer ratings of 83.4 and 103.9. Also, they are saying 90% chance of rain, and feeling the weather outside (I live in Green Bay), it certainly feels like it will rain.
I wonder if they ever practice with wet balls?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the Viqueens start at QB is irrelevant.

Packers 46
Viqueens 14

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear the Packers get more breaks than James Harden on defense. 4 of 11 starters out on offense. Packers are going to win.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
90% chance of thunder storms = run game dominates = we have no run game as of now. Vikes however ran for 230+ yards with 2 no-namers last week. We have proven we can't stop any sort of run game....and don't gimmie that "yeah but we stopped the jets and lions" crapola....they both had 100+ yards on us. Our best and ONLY weapon is the pass game and rainy weather basically eliminates that threat. We will need nothing short of a miracle to win at home tonight.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm gonna go for the pack to win by 30+ points, maybe something like 42-10

wish i could have been arsed to stay up to watch it last night, but recorded it to watch sunday, after spending the weekend with my child, woohoo

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who the Viqueens start at QB is irrelevant.

Packers 46
Viqueens 14
Amazing prediction. I bow down to you, and am happy to admit I was very wrong about this game(thinking it would be close). Now, we just have to play like this against the good teams......

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too bad Teddy couldn't go. It could have been a really good game. Ponder was 95% to blame for that loss. Oh well. I'd rather make sure Bridgewater is healthy for the long haul. See you guys in November!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing prediction. I bow down to you, and am happy to admit I was very wrong about this game(thinking it would be close). Now, we just have to play like this against the good teams......
LOL... just a prePONDERance of the evidence. I actually screwed up my math. I had us with 5 TDs and 3 FG but instead of putting 44, I put 46 for some reason. And I failed to give our defense quite enough credit. If the rookie QB had played I was going to with us winning 38 - 20

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
90% chance of thunder storms = run game dominates = we have no run game as of now. Vikes however ran for 230+ yards with 2 no-namers last week. We have proven we can't stop any sort of run game....and don't gimmie that "yeah but we stopped the jets and lions" crapola....they both had 100+ yards on us. Our best and ONLY weapon is the pass game and rainy weather basically eliminates that threat. We will need nothing short of a miracle to win at home tonight.
GoPGo may have predicted the score....that's easy. You, my friend, predicted a miracle! Now that's something.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers played a great game last night.

Disclaimer: Anything posted below is not an excuse, it is my opinion on what I saw during the 3/4 of a game I watched. Yeah, I could take no more and turned it off at the end of the third Quarter.

Ponder sucks. I thought that maybe he would flourish in Turners system. Half of the missed passes, high passes, late passes, Bridgewater makes. He is that bad. The Vikings just need to dump him. Not even keep him as a 3rd QB. I am pretty sure Chandler Harnish could have done better and he has only been with the team since last week. That long pass to Wright that was 5 yards to one side, Bridgewater puts that in Wrights hands.

The Vikings O-line was run over by the Packers D-line. The O-line did Ponder no favors in being a sieve. I haven't seen play that bad since my college hockey team beat Chicago North 49-0. I do believe Ponder has this ability to suck the life force out other Viking players on the field. Including the defense.

The Defense. Other than being burned by a couple of good Rodgers throws, they spent most of game doing pretty well. After the first two TD's they stiffened up. But it's hard to keep it up when your offense gives points away to the other team. I don't think they expected the Packers run game to do so well. I thought I saw a holds on a couple of Lacy's good runs, but that's a moot point. They should have had him at the LOS. No excuses'.

Don't be to hyped up about the beat down on the Vikings offense. After all, if the Packers came to MN and they had Peterson, Rudolph and Bridgewater, while the Packers were without Rodgers, Lacy and Nelson. And they had Tolzien starting at QB. Not sure how well they would have done. Not making an excuse, just perspective.

I did think they would have played a better game than they did. I hope they do against the Lions.

Being a fan when you team wins is easy, being a fan when they lose, not so much.

Latest posts