Official Packers Vs Vikings

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I meant it.
I don't get it how the NFL and the Ravens fire Ray Rice and try to cover up their tracks and yet when almost the exact same things happen again, (Pics showing the abuse and a "My bad" admitting by Child Abuser.) nothing and no justice.
Child Abuser is still on the team and getting paid. WTF?
And the NFL/Goodell comes out and claims they want to get their house in order or some other BS.
In the meantime, this just gets swept under the rug and ignored by the media.
Where is all the outcry for this case as there was for Ray Rice?
Why show any empathy for Adrian Peterson who is a child abuser?

You really haven't noticed the outcry for AP? Really? The Vikings/AP were under extreme fire. I think he'll be back with the team next year and he should be.

If Ray Lewis is allowed to play for 14 years and becoming the model of a NFL athlete after being involved with a murder and obstruction of justice, why can't AP play again?

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Yikes' defense is strong against the run, very weak against the pass--which should play to our strength. But MM states we need to run the ball more often: http://host.madison.com/sports/foot...cle_8b9f4b18-b171-59db-b994-16bd50d26542.html

So, I see the Packers forcing the run at the outset, which likely makes the game closer than it should be. MM can be quite stubborn.

They aren't very weak against the pass. They just happened to face Brady, Brees, and Matt Ryan (and now Rodgers). 4 of the top ten QBs.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings defense is actually in the middle of the pack in both run and pass defense. I really don´t get it either why McCarthy wants to run the ball more, it seems passing to start the game vs. the Bears worked pretty well on Sunday.
Yes, I overstated: Vikings are a bit better than average against the run; a bit worse than average against the pass.
They aren't very weak against the pass. They just happened to face Brady, Brees, and Matt Ryan (and now Rodgers). 4 of the top ten QBs.
And they have one of the best safeties in the game in Harrison Smith. Wish he were a Packer.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't hold the Yikes to 17 points if we give up 500 yards and let them control the clock for 35-40 minutes UNLESS we win the turnover battle by about 4. Turnovers are as much luck as anything, and I don't like depending on luck to win games, like the Bears traditionally do.

I feel you and get the gist of what you are saying and I agree for the most part. I also don't like to "rely on" turnovers. Having said that, turnovers are often not "as much luck as anything". Our "luck" with turnovers sure was a lot better with Sir Charles back there than it is today. The Bears "luck" with turnturnovers sure was a lot better with Peanut playing than it is today without him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you and get the gist of what you are saying and I agree for the most part. I also don't like to "rely on" turnovers. Having said that, turnovers are often not "as much luck as anything". Our "luck" with turnovers sure was a lot better with Sir Charles back there than it is today. The Bears "luck" with turnturnovers sure was a lot better with Peanut playing than it is today without him.

Woodson challenged all the DBS to make plays and they flourished under Woodson. It's like when he left so did the ints. The DBS had a different swag about them when Woodson was back there. Heck Hayward had what?? 6 pics his rookie season? He hasn't had one in like a full yr . Charles would challenge the DBS to not only try to get pics but turn them into points . It was a mistake to let him go because a safety still has yet to emerge. haha is still learning but he can't tackle. Also I'd like to see Micah Hyde more at nickle

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boykin out, Barrington and Boyd doubtful vs. Vikings.

Basically no serious injury news. I think Adams has passed Boykin on the depth chart anyways.. and Boyd hasn't done anything. How ever I would like to see Barrington eventually steal some snaps from Hawk.

D

Deleted member 6794

Basically no serious injury news. I think Adams has passed Boykin on the depth chart anyways.. and Boyd hasn't done anything. How ever I would like to see Barrington eventually steal some snaps from Hawk.

While you're right Boyd hasn't done anything special that leaves us extremely thin on the DL.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really haven't noticed the outcry for AP? Really? The Vikings/AP were under extreme fire. I think he'll be back with the team next year and he should be.

If Ray Lewis is allowed to play for 14 years and becoming the model of a NFL athlete after being involved with a murder and obstruction of justice, why can't AP play again?
The charges against Ray Lewis were dropped. I believe there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute him or we don't have the video/photographic evidence as we do with Rice and AP.

I just can't believe how Rice gets cut and suspended from the NFL right away after the video shows up and even with pics of the wounds he put on his boy, AP is still on the team.
Why does one and not the other get a harsher consequence when both have visuals to back up their crime?

If Roger Badhell really meant what he said when he held that press conference saying that the NFL would get things right then he should have fired AP right away.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you're right Boyd hasn't done anything special that leaves us extremely thin on the DL.

Thank Teddy! He should've bought in another big body weeks ago. I have no ideal what he thinks about sometimes smh. I'm sure he knows were thin there. Maybe we will see some more of Capers two down linemen pkg that's working so well lol

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The charges against Ray Lewis were dropped. I believe there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute him or we don't have the video/photographic evidence as we do with Rice and AP.

I just can't believe how Rice gets cut and suspended from the NFL right away after the video shows up and even with pics of the wounds he put on his boy, AP is still on the team.
Why does one and not the other get a harsher consequence when both have visuals to back up their crime?

If Roger Badhell really meant what he said when he held that press conference saying that the NFL would get things right then he should have fired AP right away.

That's like saying OJ was innocent. We all know he was involved.

It's because AP more than likely won't be convicted of anything. There is a reason so many people thought AP should have been reinstated by the Vikings despite the media trying to portray the large majority of people saying he should be cut.

Heck, ESPN had a poll on whether or not the Vikings should have reinstated him for the Saints game. 65% said yes.

He did take it too far and I think he genuinely didn't mean too, but using a switch is all too common in the South. It's a lot different than the Rice case.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

The Charges against Lewis were dropped after Lewis took a plea deal and agreed to testify against the other involved. And he plead guilty to obstruction of justice. Yeah, he was innocent. Not.

Why is Rice not on the team? It's called knee jerk reaction and bending to the pressure of the talking heads and public. They knew the crap storm that was coming. And Rice has been through the legal system.

I won't talk anymore on this issue in this thread. You want to talk about it, I suggest a thread in a non-football area of the forum.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Bridgewater may be a game-time decision. I thought he would play, but now I'm leaning toward Ponder playing. I wonder if the slippery field will play a role in their decision to play him on a bad ankle.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's like saying OJ was innocent. We all know he was involved.

It's because AP more than likely won't be convicted of anything. There is a reason so many people thought AP should have been reinstated by the Vikings despite the media trying to portray the large majority of people saying he should be cut.

Heck, ESPN had a poll on whether or not the Vikings should have reinstated him for the Saints game. 65% said yes.

He did take it too far and I think he genuinely didn't mean too, but using a switch is all too common in the South. It's a lot different than the Rice case.
By OJ, if you mean the first time, I'm not 100% convinced since I wasn't there and didn't see it happen.

Oh, OK. I get it now. Because using a switch on a four year old giving him cuts and lacerations is common in the South makes it better. My bad. Now it makes sense to me and I was all wrong. Yes, they should let a child abuser back on the team. So hurting children is justified that way and I shouldn't have disagreed with it at all. *Rolls eyes*

Really? You can find acceptance at hurting a child?

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By OJ, if you mean the first time, I'm not 100% convinced since I wasn't there and didn't see it happen.

Oh, OK. I get it now. Because using a switch on a four year old giving him cuts and lacerations is common in the South makes it better. My bad. Now it makes sense to me and I was all wrong. Yes, they should let a child abuser back on the team. So hurting children is justified that way and I shouldn't have disagreed with it at all. *Rolls eyes*

Really? You can find acceptance at hurting a child?

I never said any of that. Your reading comprehension is poor.

First of all, I said I didn't agree with it.

Secondly, I never said giving him cuts and lacerations is common. In fact I said he went too far. I said using a switch is common. And a lot of people think it did them good. That is where the issue is. So many people think that using a switch does kids good.

But what is the point. You are only reading 40% of these sentences anyway.

H

HardRightEdge

He wasnt hurt and had practice time during the week, correct?
Correct. Maybe that bum ankle will mute his mobility. Mobile QBs have been a chronic problem with the Packer defense the last few years.

As for lack of practice reps, his tape study abilities are more important particularly in the short week. I see where Bridgewater scored a 20 on the Wonderlic, which is low for a QB (perhaps the main reason he fell in the draft), so he might have some trouble applying tape study especially in a short time span.

In any event, if he's given a limited playbook and allowed to play on instinct he might do a lot of damage provided the ankle holds up. It worked for Vince Young who made the Pro Bowl as rookie having no clue what he should be doing.

A guy with physical talents on whom there is little pro tape should be viewed as armed and dangerous, especially against this defense.

Ponder, on the other hand, is a bad deep ball passer; the rare successful long ball he threw against the Packers a couple years has skewed some perspectives...they guy is where he should be...third string. I'd rather see him on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I see where the Vikings bring good skill position speed.

Besides Bridgewater (if the ankle isn't slowing him) they have Patterson (4.34), the #3 WR Jarious Wright (4.43), and the rookie 3rd. down-type back Jerick McKinnon (4.38) who went off for 135 yds. last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasnt hurt and had practice time during the week, correct?

There was no expectation that he would be taking the field at all prior to the Saints game. While he may have had a few reps Cassel took most as the starter. Except for the injured ankle Bridgewater was less prepared for that game than he could be for this one. Even held out of practice he's there in the week's preparations. He's effectively played nearly two full games now so he knows pretty well what to do if he gets in. Probably a game time decision, if for no other reaon than to keep the Packers guessing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't hold the Yikes to 17 points if we give up 500 yards and let them control the clock for 35-40 minutes UNLESS we win the turnover battle by about 4. Turnovers are as much luck as anything, and I don't like depending on luck to win games, like the Bears traditionally do.

I dont know if I buy into that, do you have anything to back that up? Certain players have a knack for them

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There was no expectation that he would be taking the field at all prior to the Saints game. While he may have had a few reps Cassel took most as the starter. Except for the injured ankle Bridgewater was less prepared for that game than he could be for this one. Even held out of practice he's there in the week's preparations. He's effectively played nearly two full games now so he knows pretty well what to do if he gets in. Probably a game time decision, if for no other reaon than to keep the Packers guessing.

Personally I recall how I didnt like Scott Toilzen being thrown in with out any practice time when Wallace went down..

I thought the next week he would have done better but he didnt

So for myself, I would want myvqb to have practice time

H

HardRightEdge

Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction of justice. The murder charges were dropped in exchange for Lewis' testimony against two guys, presumably the knife-wielders. Lewis knew what happened, initially pretended he didn't, then rolled over under the murder charge pressure. If you know a man by the company he keeps....

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Minnesota has beaten a Rams team without a QB and a crappy Falcons team, and lost to bad Saints and Patriots teams and now they are world beaters? They played 1 decent and 3 bad defenses. I am picking the Pack by 20 tomorrow night. GPG! And if small hands plays we now at least have some tape on him. ;)

The Vikings offense is nowhere close to the Bears, Lions or Seattle. We go to 3-2 on the run to the playoffs:tup:

More serious, with us still holding a roster spot open, what is the thinking here? Could they be talking to some players? Trades happen infrequently during the season, so I don't really think that is going to happen, but we sure could use a little beef up front. :tdown:

Latest posts