OFFICIAL Packers VS Lions - The Matt Flynn Game

L

Lunchboxer

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AWW YEA My man Flynn playing.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just 6 for TDs for Rodgers to break the all-time record, I would like to see him get that in the first quarter so he can sit..Wishful thinking perhaps..:D

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the entire half. Defense could use the reps since the Lions offense is almost as potent as New Orleans, it'd be nice to shore up as many mistakes as possible by then. Maybe the WR can clean up the drops as well and get ready for the January weather in the Divisional round.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game last year? I think the GMs around the league will care much more about what he does this week.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll find out if this time Suh will be a good kid or if he will be sent to sit in the corner, again.

Anyone keeping track of how he's been behaving in other games?

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the entire half. Defense could use the reps since the Lions offense is almost as potent as New Orleans, it'd be nice to shore up as many mistakes as possible by then. Maybe the WR can clean up the drops as well and get ready for the January weather in the Divisional round.

I'd say the Saints O is significantly better than Detroit's...

12theTruth

This could be a tough game for the pack. The Lions have lost 20 straight games at Lambeau Field, yet might be our opponent the next two times the Packers play. The Lions will be playing to NOT go to face New Orleans in the 1st round. I pray the Packers can get healthy and shore up some of their deficiencies.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be a tough game for the pack. The Lions have lost 20 straight games at Lambeau Field, yet might be our opponent the next two times the Packers play. The Lions will be playing to NOT go to face New Orleans in the 1st round. I pray the Packers can get healthy and shore up some of their deficiencies.

I don't think it's gonna be a tough game for the Pack at all....they will lose because they don't care about this game...they will have their 2nd stringers in by the 2nd half....

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
There is another point of view. The Lions are definitely thinking about it, too.

First, the Lions are in the playoffs, and as a wildcard they will play on the road no matter what. Fact is, the #5 seed is always on the road just like the #6 (I can't think of a time when the #5 hosted an NFC Championship Game versus the #6, has it ever happened?). #5 or #6, it really doesn't matter to some coaches. Does it matter to Schartz?

Second, the #5 seed might end up on the road in the elements vs. the Giants. Could be ugly weather in NY in two weeks. Also, the NYG have a lot better defense than NO (assume SF beats STL this week and #6 will therefore play at NO). Stafford might get sacked a lot more at the NYG. Playing the NYG instead of NO might not be as important to Schartz as it is in the minds of some fans.

Third, and most importantly, having no bye week, this fairly meaningless game vs. GB is the only chance for DET to rest its own players. Believe me, Schwartz is considering this fact most of all.

Sure, the Lions might be motivated to win this week to avoid NO and then possibly GB if they advance. That's a valid line of reasoning. Schwartz might feel this way about it.

But maybe, as previous NFL wildcard coaches have done when they were locked into #5 or #6 and didn't prefer one over the other, DET will use this week to rest up and stay healthy for a playoff run. It's possible they'll rest more players than GB.

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In normal conditions, I'd say lets play to win because it's the Packer way, especially at home and with a divisional rival. But the Lions don't just play to win, the 'play' to hurt. If it was a normal football team up against the Pack, I'm sure Coach McCarthy wouldn't fear for his players' safety and would like to carry on the winning streak. It's a tough call... I say begin with the starters, blast the lions, just like we did with the Bears to get an early lead and then see how it plays out, depending on how the lions react. I agree they won't want to push it too far, given they also don't want to lose players and could face us in three weeks, therefore not wanting to reveal too much about their strategy. That's why if the Packers win 'easily' it'll mean nothing. Remember the Cardinals two years ago. Easy win for us in the final game of the regular season, totally different picture in the playoffs.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think the Lions are going to play this game out TOUGH.

I just don't believe they are going to bench the starters, lose and end up playing in the superdome against New Orleans. They will be trying to avoid that at all costs.

They could easily beat us too. If that defense can give us three and outs like they did on Thanksgiving, and then on the other hand don't turn the ball over, this defense is a cake walk for a drive.

If we're losing in the 4th quarter, and the game is out of reach, I hope McCarthy pulls the starters and don't risk them getting injured. We bit the bullet last night with Charles Woodson, lucky he didn't have a serious injury. This game really don't matter. Going into the playoffs healthy does matter though.

I've got that feeling we'll be playing Detroit in the playoffs. If they win this game, I think they will easily roll the Giants or Cowboys, and then end up in Lambeau again.

D

Dan115

I think the Lions are going to play this game out TOUGH.

I just don't believe they are going to bench the starters, lose and end up playing in the superdome against New Orleans. They will be trying to avoid that at all costs.

They could easily beat us too. If that defense can give us three and outs like they did on Thanksgiving, and then on the other hand don't turn the ball over, this defense is a cake walk for a drive.

If we're losing in the 4th quarter, and the game is out of reach, I hope McCarthy pulls the starters and don't risk them getting injured. We bit the bullet last night with Charles Woodson, lucky he didn't have a serious injury. This game really don't matter. Going into the playoffs healthy does matter though.

I've got that feeling we'll be playing Detroit in the playoffs. If they win this game, I think they will easily roll the Giants or Cowboys, and then end up in Lambeau again.

Pull them before the 4th quarter. The only important thing for The Packers in this game is NO INJURIES.

Members online

Latest posts