2023 Wildcard game at Dallas

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander didn't practice today and is listed as questionable (along with Watson). LaFleur said Alexander will be a game time decision. I think the chances of either suiting up are slim.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander didn't practice today and is listed as questionable (along with Watson). LaFleur said Alexander will be a game time decision. I think the chances of either suiting up are slim.
Correct. Just about every time they do that the players sit out. This being what could be their last game of the year makes it almost irrelevant. You cannot simply hold them out. If they cannot play they have 8 months to heal so do not play them. We have had to go without them most of the year anyway.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With luck, Watson might be healthy enough to play before the start of next year. That is, if he doesn't drop a package of ramen soup on his foot and end up getting a concussion, and require a body cast.

The guy has been a walking injury. So much talent, and so many things happening to the poor guy.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With luck, Watson might be healthy enough to play before the start of next year...
The guy has been a walking injury. So much talent, and so many things happening to the poor guy.
He needs to spend some $$ & get a full time hamstring expert for strengthening, stretching and massage/recovery. His speed does GB no good when he's only availabe 33% of games (at most).
**** edit ****
I'm shocked that Watson has actually played in 9 games each of the last 2 years.

Last edited:

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lafleur has definitely become a good head coach. He obviously knows how to run an offense but sometimes he would lose the team during stressful times like traveling to London or during losses. But he seems to be figuring it out.

I'm happy to see we finally got some WR & TE talent. During Favre's and Aaron's last years I always wanted to see them with talent. Favre eventually played with good receivers in Minnesota. Aaron got Steinberger and Amari Rodgers...lol.

I never understood why we could never get a game changing WR. Every team in the division had at least 1 Superstar receiver. Yeah we built davante into a great receiver.

I saw something in Reed during preseason with the 2nd QB I forgot his name. Reed played great in preseason. I didn't know much about dontayvion but he puts it all on the field. Heath and Melton also have talent.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs to spend some $$ & get a full time hamstring expert for strengthening, stretching and massage/recovery. His speed does GB no good when he's only availabe 33% of games (at most).
Earlier this season, Watson told reporters he spent "tens of thousands of dollars" doing exactly what you prescribe.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s an interesting viewpoint.

The Cowboys were a 6 point favorite AT Dallas going into the Lions matchup. Dallas Won on a controversial call that was found to be a mistake by the officiating crew member. Keep in mind that was at AT&T Stadium.
The Packers beat Detroit at Ford Field by 7 last Thanksgiving (not long ago) Granted we forced 3 Turnovers. But I didn’t get the feeling that the Lions were that much better than us.

Also keep in mind we were playing without our RB1 Aaron Jones.
This isn't math class. Just because A equals B and B equals C so A must equal C doesn't mean you can apply it to everything. We beat the Lions and the Lions almost beat the cowboys so we should be able to beat the cowboys. It doesn't work like that. If you want to say the Packers are just as good as the cowboys fine but you will be very hard pressed to find anyone other than a green and gold glasses wearing Packer fan who agrees with you. Can we win? Of course we can. We have a young team that has shown a lot of improvement and is playing very well. I would say our chances are much better than the Commanders chances were last week but it would still be a considerable upset.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's only played 9 games each season, so he either he needs to spend more OR more wisely. :(
You are pretty obviously talking out of pure frustration. I'd certainly like to see him playing also. And I'm certain he would be if he could. I hope he never runs an end around again. And he should learn how to slide just for the hell of it. But even that play showed that it is a problem that is still there. As much as you are frustrated; he is at least at an equal level. I'd say more but you sound like your pretty well up there.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we win? Of course we can. We have a young team that has shown a lot of improvement and is playing very well. I would say our chances are much better than the Commanders chances were last week but it would still be a considerable upset.
It wouldn't be the biggest playoff upset by a long shot though. Look, I know the official standings have Dallas with 12 wins, but we all know that in reality they only have 2 more wins than we do. Dallas lost that game to Detroit, so I don't even consider their "16 game win streak" to be intact. If Brad Allen hadn't single-handedly screwed over the Lions, they would have had a 6-4 record over their last 10 games as opposed to 7-3 for us. We are not the massive underdogs that a lot of people think.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can win this game, but this team goes through hot and cold stretches. Hopefully we don't go cold in the playoffs, but there's a reason why we finished just barely above .500.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate the journey this team has taken. There is no shame in taking a playoff loss on the road as long as its not a blow out. As far as Rodgers not naving talented WRs - I do not buy that. NY now gets to deal with that narcissistic diva. I want to see 10 play well on sunday.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can win this game, but this team goes through hot and cold stretches. Hopefully we don't go cold in the playoffs, but there's a reason why we finished just barely above .500.
And many of those reasons have since been resolved.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. It's not impossible. But 16 for their last 16 certainly counts for something.

The Cowboys are damn good. Could we win? Sure. I just think people may be expecting a little too much from the youngest team in playoff history. We're probably not ready....and that's ok.

Just trying to keep my expectations tempered ...would be awesome to win, obviously.
Yeah..might look like the eagles in hurts first playoff appearance..that was UGLY!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pass defense needs to play way better than they did last week! The bares wrs were open..good thing they have a ****** qb! They will not get away with that at Dallas.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And many of those reasons have since been resolved.
Offensively, I think so.

Defensively, I think it's easy to forget that we aren't very far removed from 3 straight really ugly performances in December. I'm hoping those issues aren't amplified again tomorrow, but it definitely gives me pause. That's a tough offense to try to win a track meet against.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't math class. Just because A equals B and B equals C so A must equal C doesn't mean you can apply it to everything. We beat the Lions and the Lions almost beat the cowboys so we should be able to beat the cowboys. It doesn't work like that.
You just explained rock - paper - scissors.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensively, I think so.

Defensively, I think it's easy to forget that we aren't very far removed from 3 straight really ugly performances in December. I'm hoping those issues aren't amplified again tomorrow, but it definitely gives me pause. That's a tough offense to try to win a track meet against.
The ONLY thing that keeps me from screaming "Keep Joe Barry" is a technical coaching explanation for WTF happened those three games. If someone told me what happened with an explanation that made sense I'd be comfortable because I'd know they knew what happened and therefore be confident they would work to fix it.

FWIW, I was impressed with the D against the Bears. Their offense had come around, and it showed JB could dial one up to address some known weaknesses. I'd like to think the D already showed us they could handle higher-power offenses with the Detroit and KC games.

Reaction score
This isn't math class. Just because A equals B and B equals C so A must equal C doesn't mean you can apply it to everything. We beat the Lions and the Lions almost beat the cowboys so we should be able to beat the cowboys. It doesn't work like that. If you want to say the Packers are just as good as the cowboys fine but you will be very hard pressed to find anyone other than a green and gold glasses wearing Packer fan who agrees with you. Can we win? Of course we can. We have a young team that has shown a lot of improvement and is playing very well. I would say our chances are much better than the Commanders chances were last week but it would still be a considerable upset.
Oh it’s ok I don’t take that personally. I just don’t think it’s any better doing it your way and having no basis for making a prediction on Sundays game, so therefore having to attack someone merely presenting factual information. Then using that to make a baseless accusation that I somehow don’t think we need to try to win. I’m not angry back though I actually feel sorry for you if you don’t think The Packers can legit compete. It’s all who shows up I heard that same crap (call it the Captain doubter) before #10 stepped on the field this year. Completely fabricated fear I call it.

I pray to God that Dallas similarly underestimates The Packers tomorrow because that could lead to severe disappointment for them and just might bring a smile to your face.
We have nothing to lose as this was suppose to be our setback year. We even traded our CB2 Away and playing without our CB1… yet we’re still competing? That speaks volumes to the heart of this Packers team. Just us having an opportunity to ruin Dallas’ entire season is more than enough for me, personally.

Dallas Wins the tangibles, short term
Green Bay wins the intangibles, long term

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. It's not impossible. But 16 for their last 16 certainly counts for something.

The Cowboys are damn good. Could we win? Sure. I just think people may be expecting a little too much from the youngest team in playoff history. We're probably not ready....and that's ok.

Just trying to keep my expectations tempered ...would be awesome to win, obviously.
Most of the prognosticators talking about the Pack think we are a year away.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's only played 9 games each season, so he either he needs to spend more OR more wisely. :(

You should write him that. Maybe tweet it and include his family members. Athletes love suggestions from fans about their health and what they are doing wrong and how to improve on it.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should write him that. Maybe tweet it and include his family members. Athletes love suggestions from fans about their health and what they are doing wrong and how to improve on it.
I bet Watson's dad would be very receptive to some ideas. LOL!

Seriously, Watson's dad (former Packer) is one of my favorite follows on X. Smart football guy.
Maybe you saw it, but this morning he went off on someone criticizing Christian's injury status.

I swear, some of the Twitter critics think players WANT to be injured.
And, when they do get injured, the critics think the player is just sitting on their couch, drinking beer and getting Cheetos stains on their beater. Some people's kids...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh it’s ok I don’t take that personally. I just don’t think it’s any better doing it your way and having no basis for making a prediction on Sundays game, so therefore having to attack someone merely presenting factual information. Then using that to make a baseless accusation that I somehow don’t think we need to try to win. I’m not angry back though I actually feel sorry for you if you don’t think The Packers can legit compete. It’s all who shows up I heard that same crap (call it the Captain doubter) before #10 stepped on the field this year. Completely fabricated fear I call it.

I pray to God that Dallas similarly underestimates The Packers tomorrow because that could lead to severe disappointment for them and just might bring a smile to your face.
We have nothing to lose as this was suppose to be our setback year. We even traded our CB2 Away and playing without our CB1… yet we’re still competing? That speaks volumes to the heart of this Packers team. Just us having an opportunity to ruin Dallas’ entire season is more than enough for me, personally.

Dallas Wins the tangibles, short term
Green Bay wins the intangibles, long term
Didn't realize it was an attack. I was just pointing out the the inconsistencies in such a linear way of thinking .

Last edited:

Latest posts