Official Packers-Vikings week round one

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How you like thescore at half? Looks like a Gb win to me
There's still a half of football to be played. We're doing better, but still a bit inconsistent, but better. How could any fan of GB call it a win at the half when 2 plays and we could be losing?

D

Deleted member 6794

As I've said all season long this Vikings team isn't capable of beating a good team.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers seen to always fix other teNs offensive problems. I can see Teddy throwing two tds today to Wrs.

The D played good today - no tds (or deep balls) to wide receivers again. Note that I said I wouldn't worry about deep balls to wide receivers, not tight ends and I wouldn't call that pass to Rudolph a truly deep ball - he caught the ball at the 30 for a 47 yard td so the pass wasn't even 20 yards down field from the LOS.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well that sucked. Saw the first half, not much of the second half. Good game for you guys. I still think the last game will be for the division.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that sucked. Saw the first half, not much of the second half. Good game for you guys. I still think the last game will be for the division.

Vikes still have a tough schedule ahead and still haven't beaten a team with a winning record. But you never know, could happen.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are not having a great year so far - I believe this is the worst the team has looked since Aaron Rodger's first year as a starter.

Still, it's good to know that even in a down year they can waltz into Minnesota and own the place. Nice win.

There's still a lot wrong with this team, and hopefully they can figure it out, but they have to play better than that to beat the good teams.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Vikes still have a tough schedule ahead and still haven't beaten a team with a winning record. But you never know, could happen.
And the Packers have beaten one team with a winning record. The Vikings. As a said in the beginning of the year, that last game in Green Bay will determine the Division.

As bad as my team was playing the Packers should have scored 50 on them.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Packers have beaten one team with a winning record. The Vikings. As a said in the beginning of the year, that last game in Green Bay will determine the Division.

Packer offense isn't very good. Randall Cobb is awful this year. Green Bay struggled to score 16 against the Motor City Kitties, 10 against Denver.

Thank goodness for the Vikings defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

As I´ve said since the start of the season the Vikings are any better than they played yesterday. Their record doesn´t truly reflect their talent level but that they have had a pretty easy schedule and got some lucky bounces.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It looked like in the second half we figured out Bridgewaters two step drop immediate short passes. Onc we started bumping their receivers at the line of scrimmage he had no quick options and had to start dropping deeper. Then the sacks started. Capers did good adjusting his defensive schemes to stop what was working for them earlier.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can get Lacy going like that consistently, everything is going to be OK from here on out

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we won, still didn't think we played well and the Vikes helped us out with penalties. I really hated that pass interference call at the end of the first half. You shouldn't be rewarded for an underthrown ball and there's little the defender can do to stop on a dime like that. I get that if he would have turned his head they may not have thrown the flag, but thats a tall order when you're sprinting after a guy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I really hated that pass interference call at the end of the first half. You shouldn't be rewarded for an underthrown ball and there's little the defender can do to stop on a dime like that.

I think they got the call correct, given the rules. I have never liked that the penalty takes the ball to the spot where a catch may have been made, assumes too much. Prefer the college rules but that is a subject for a different thread.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As I´ve said since the start of the season the Vikings are any better than they played yesterday. Their record doesn´t truly reflect their talent level but that they have had a pretty easy schedule and got some lucky bounces.
Funny, considering the have had almost exactly the same schedule as the Packers so far, except for 2 games.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think they got the call correct, I have never liked that the penalty takes the ball to the spot where a catch may have been made, assumes too much. Prefer the college rules but that is a subject for a different thread.

That would result in a lot more cornerbacks interfering with receivers on deep balls and being rewarded for not letting them catch the ball with any means.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we won, still didn't think we played well and the Vikes helped us out with penalties. I really hated that pass interference call at the end of the first half. You shouldn't be rewarded for an underthrown ball and there's little the defender can do to stop on a dime like that. I get that if he would have turned his head they may not have thrown the flag, but thats a tall order when you're sprinting after a guy.
Don't know why you would hate the call. Newman wasn't playing the ball and grabbed him before the ball got there - very easy call to make. But I do agree that it shouldn't be a spot foul - 15 yards max.

Members online

Latest posts