Official Packers-Vikings week round one

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm extremely unexcited about next week. After watching the Vikings dominate a better than average Raiders team in Oakland, I have little to no confidence in the Packers next week. This team has quickly gone from a #1 seed and clear NFC Super Bowl favorite to a possible Wild Card team.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think (hope) they will surprise us and win in a close one. I won't be putting any money on that though. :)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm extremely unexcited about next week. After watching the Vikings dominate a better than average Raiders team in Oakland, I have little to no confidence in the Packers next week. This team has quickly gone from a #1 seed and clear NFC Super Bowl favorite to a possible Wild Card team.

They've become a "possible" non playoff team.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd person out because I am can't WAIT until Sunday. A chance to right the ship and take control of the division again. We have plenty of time to correct things. How many times lately have we seen teams that look "off" not only make the playoffs, but win the Super Bowl? (See us and the New York Giants). Plenty of time to worry about the playoffs later. Time to win the division.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm the odd person out because I am can't WAIT until Sunday. A chance to right the ship and take control of the division again. We have plenty of time to correct things. How many times lately have we seen teams that look "off" not only make the playoffs, but win the Super Bowl? (See us and the New York Giants). Plenty of time to worry about the playoffs later. Time to win the division.

I hope you're right and wish I could share your optimism. But if there was a time for this Packers team to show that kind of spark of life in them it was today. The furnace is cold. The boiler has no steam. Maybe they get up off the mat and play better from the underdog role. We'll see.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right and wish I could share your optimism. But if there was a time for this Packers team to show that kind of spark of life in them it was today. The furnace is cold. The boiler has no steam. Maybe they get up off the mat and play better from the underdog role. We'll see.

I guess I feel like the best chance to see that spark is next week. If Denver and Carolina didn't call for attention, this did.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to lose. Minnesota with their defense will shut down our terrible offense. We will be lucky to score 13 points on that defense which is ranked at the top 5 in the league. With the way were playing were going to get our butts kicked.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers will no doubt go into MN as the underdog for the first time this season. If all we hear out of GB this week is "we have to clean things up and just get better", we lose. Someone/something needs to light a fire under this team and with the trade deadline passed, the only thing I see that will do that is MM stepping back in and taking play calling back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If things continue as is, we may make the Vikings look like Super Bowl contenders as we did against Denver. Who promptly lost to the Colts and Chiefs after totally dominating the Packers.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Really time to step up and win. Need to win as they went from hero for seven wins to zero in three losses. What is going on with Rodgers and company?

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's already stated no changes. (shocking I know:rolleyes:)

He also said we have been spoiled and that this is just part of football. Not what I would call good comments on his part.

The optimism comes from the fact that we dominated the 4th QTR of the last two games so the offense is there. It is simple really, QTRS 1-3 = Clements calling plays, 4th QTR no huddle = Rodgers calling plays at the line. You see where the success lies. Rodgers may be a little off but he is still good. You can't get into a rhythm if you go 3 and out on every single possession.

D

Deleted member 6794

The 2010 Packers were competitive in every single game though as evidenced by them not trailing by more than seven at any point during that season. This year's team has looked out of sync for several games now.

Nevertheless I predict the team to get out of their slump on Sunday, winning at Minnesota.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see no evidence, especially after 6 games and a bye week that produced no solutions , that things will just suddenly turn around enough to beat the Vikings on the road. It's more likely they suffer another beat down.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Remember Peterson's 2,097 yard season in 2012? Well, right now he is 4 yards ahead of were he was after week 9 in 2012. Damn, being 30 sucks.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Remember Peterson's 2,097 yard season in 2012? Well, right now he is 4 yards ahead of were he was after week 9 in 2012. Damn, being 30 sucks.

Yeah, but he hasn't gone up yet against ILBs like Nate Palmer! And, the Packer D-backs are so good when they try to tackle, they don't even use their arms. If they did, it would be unfair to the runner.

:rolleyes:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions game was must win to retain any credibility. At the Vikes, it becomes must win to retain a decent shot at the division title.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but he hasn't gone up yet against ILBs like Nate Palmer! And, the Packer D-backs are so good when they try to tackle, they don't even use their arms. If they did, it would be unfair to the runner.

:rolleyes:

Palmer already has four missed tackles on Peterson and a blown coverage on Rudolph. :roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts