Official Packers-Vikings week round one

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think the Vikings will put up about 35 and Peterson will get close to 200 yards, if he doesn't exceed it. Let's face it, the Pack are in a bad spot right now and I don't think it's going to turn around quickly. But I still love my Green Bay Packers. (And I would love for them to prove me wrong. ;)) Oh, and I think the Pack won't get more than 20 points if that.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.... remember this: Even last year, when we had the best team in the NFL the last half the year, we lost road games against good teams, or defenses. This year, same thing, and we even lose at home. Against crappy team. 6-4 and ESPN & NFL Network features all week long leading to the Thursday night game.

The Chicago sports media is giddy about next Thursday night. They're excited about the Bears recent winning streak and the Packers losing streak. They already chalked up the Denver game as a win and are looking towards beating out GB for a wild card spot. NOBODY is scared of the Packers anymore.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago sports media is giddy about next Thursday night. They're excited about the Bears recent winning streak and the Packers losing streak. They already chalked up the Denver game as a win and are looking towards beating out GB for a wild card spot. NOBODY is scared of the Packers anymore.

Nope, not afraid of the Packers. Not afraid of Rodgers. Not afraid of going into Lambeau.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And that's the difference between us and them, we Packer fans always take things one week at a time. I'm certainly concerned about this Sunday, think we can win but need to get this quagmire offense fixed and fixed fast. No question about it. For those Bears fans though, they should not assume a win this Sunday against Denver because ...

1. Brock Osweiler playing at this point might be bad news for them and somehow I don't think he's going to be making bad throws like Peyton. Plus the Broncos do have a big solid running game with Hillman and Anderson, expect them to use it.

2. They must've forgotten about what a defense like Denver's can do to that O-line of theirs. It has been marginally improved this year, but I still think the Ware, Miller, and other heavy blitzes coming at Cutler are going to be racking him bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

They must've forgotten about what a defense like Denver's can do to that O-line of theirs. It has been marginally improved this year, but I still think the Ware, Miller, and other heavy blitzes coming at Cutler are going to be racking him bad.

While I agree that the Bears will have troubles scoring against the Broncos DeMarcus Ware won't play today because of a back injury.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's the difference between us and them, we Packer fans always take things one week at a time. I'm certainly concerned about this Sunday, think we can win but need to get this quagmire offense fixed and fixed fast. No question about it. For those Bears fans though, they should not assume a win this Sunday against Denver because ...

1. Brock Osweiler playing at this point might be bad news for them and somehow I don't think he's going to be making bad throws like Peyton. Plus the Broncos do have a big solid running game with Hillman and Anderson, expect them to use it.

2. They must've forgotten about what a defense like Denver's can do to that O-line of theirs. It has been marginally improved this year, but I still think the Ware, Miller, and other heavy blitzes coming at Cutler are going to be racking him bad.
Apparently things have gotten so bad in Packerland that we are now discussing the Bears.
Very sad indeed.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Not worried about Thursday night as long as they still have our secret weapon at QB, Jay Cutler! :eek:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/po...ian-peterson-the-best-back-ive-played-against

Among all the accolades and recall of Adrian Peterson's rushing career against the Packers I seldom see mention of the fact that the Pack is 12-4-1 in all games against Minnesota with AP in their lineup since 2007.

In only two Vikqueens' wins can Peterson be said to be the reason. In 2008 in the Metrodome he rushed for 129 yds. on 30 carries and his 29 yd. breakaway run in the final 2:30 put the Vikes ahead 28-27. But the game still came down to Mason Crosby missing a 52 yd. field goal in the final 31 seconds.

In 2012, closing in on the NFL season rushing record and needing a win to make the playoffs, AP had 199 yds. and set up Minnesota's game winning field goal with a 26 yd. run. The Packers, though, denied him the rushing record by 9 yds.

The 2009 games were Favre rather than AP who beat the Packers. In their first meeting in Minnesota the Packers held Peterson to 55 yds. and in the second at Lambeau, though he got 97, it took 25 carries to do it.

In most of Peterson's greatest rushing performances against them the Packers have still won the game. In their first meeting in 2007 at Minnesota AP gained 155 yds. on 12 carries with a long run of 55 yds. Green Bay still won the game 23-16.

In the 2008 season opener at Lambeau Peterson had 103 yds. on 19 carries with a long run of 34 yds. The Pack won 24-19.

In 2010 at Green Bay AP rushed for 131 yds. on 28 carries in the Vikes' 28-24 loss.

2011 in the Metrodome, Peterson gashes the Packers for 175 yds. on 24 carries, including a long run of 54 yds. The Packers win 33-27.

At Lambeau Field in 2012 Peterson has his best rushing day against the Pack totaling 210 yds. on 21 carries, with a long of 82. But the Packers still win 23-14.

Again at Green Bay in 2013 AP has 146 yds. on 32 carries but the Queens can only manage a 26-26 tie against the Aaron Rodgers-less Packers. Had the old sudden death rule been in effect the Packers would have won the game in OT.

Peterson's rushing yardage has seldom been decisive in Packers-Vikings games. Green Bay has won because they've had the better quarterback and Minnesota's own quarterback situation hasn't performed as well. And that will be a key factor again in today's game.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have some fast Wrs man. I can see them going deep a couple times on Hyde, Haywayrd and challenging our safeties to stay honest. That will open up things more for AP who is on a tear right now. I can easily see us losing this game smh. We need to score in bunches which I don't see happening .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vikings have some fast Wrs man. I can see them going deep a couple times on Hyde, Haywayrd and challenging our safeties to stay honest. That will open up things more for AP who is on a tear right now. I can easily see us losing this game smh. We need to score in bunches which I don't see happening .

Do you literally shake your head every time you type that?

Must be very dizzy from it all the time

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, the Vikes have some fast receivers, but throwing the ball downfield is not Bridgewater's strength. He has consistently missed receivers that were open deep this year. They only have 3 tds to wide receivers this year. I'm not too worried about the deep ball against the Vikes. I am more concerned about containing AP.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Vikes have some fast receivers, but throwing the ball downfield is not Bridgewater's strength. He has consistently missed receivers that were open deep this year. They only have 3 tds to wide receivers this year. I'm not too worried about the deep ball against the Vikes. I am more concerned about containing AP.

Packers seen to always fix other teNs offensive problems. I can see Teddy throwing two tds today to Wrs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Brett Hundley
LaDarius Gunter
Alonzo Harris
Andy Mulumba
Lane Taylor
Jared Abbrederis
Ty Montgomery

icomeinpeace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking fan here. Let me start by saying I respect the hell out of the Packers and what they stand for. Been to Lambeau for a Packers/falcons game and loved it.

Key match up for me today will be Vikings O VS Packers D. I think the Packers O will score 17-24. Vikes have a very tough D. If Packers can keep Peterson in check I'd give them the edge. Big "if" however. If Peterson has a big game and allows Teddy to play action could be a long day for the green and gold.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Key match up for me today will be Vikings O VS Packers D. I think the Packers O will score 17-24.
Nice post. You have more confidence in the Packers offense than I do: The Packers punted on nine, yes NINE consecutive possessions against the mighty devastating dominant Lions' D.

Members online

Latest posts