Official Pack vs Chiefs

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really surprised by the way the front defense contained last week and adjusted. Wilson had a few long runs. But unlike in the past. They adjusted to it and were able to contain. Smith can't do those long runs. I can see the defense containing Charles and making Smith beat you with his 5 yard throws.

I think we will struggle with protecting Rodgers. Am I the only one who thinks Bakhtiari has taken a step back? He has too many penalties and every game he is constantly getting beat. Luckily Rodgers is great at moving around the pocket. But I think we are going to rely on RB and TE support to help block. Also some quick throws and speeding up the game. We are still the better team and we are at home. I think we win this one 23-14

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know man...they still have a chip on their shoulder from that super bowl 1 loss. :p

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really surprised by the way the front defense contained last week and adjusted. Wilson had a few long runs. But unlike in the past. They adjusted to it and were able to contain. Smith can't do those long runs. I can see the defense containing Charles and making Smith beat you with his 5 yard throws.

I think we will struggle with protecting Rodgers. Am I the only one who thinks Bakhtiari has taken a step back? He has too many penalties and every game he is constantly getting beat. Luckily Rodgers is great at moving around the pocket. But I think we are going to rely on RB and TE support to help block. Also some quick throws and speeding up the game. We are still the better team and we are at home. I think we win this one 23-14
I think bakhtiari has been a bit overrated from the start. For some reason I think GB is enamored easily with anybody that doesn't have he last name Whitaker. I think his knee might still be bothering him a bit, but overall I think he's just serviceable out there and would not mind seeing an upgrade at LT.

I do think it takes a few weeks of game speed for an oline to come together as a unit as well, so I don't think they're at full strength just because of timing, and then losing Bulaga and other stuff.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams, Burnett, Lacy, Neal, Richardson and Ripkowski all questionable for Monday's game vs. Chiefs.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Goodson has been ruled out.

Last edited by a moderator:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think bakhtiari has been a bit overrated from the start.

100% agree with that. We were all so glad he could step in as a rookie and not stink up the joint completely, but he doesn't appear to have improved all that much since then either. Think he's maybe a little above average and at his ceiling there.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree with that. We were all so glad he could step in as a rookie and not stink up the joint completely, but he doesn't appear to have improved all that much since then either. Think he's maybe a little above average and at his ceiling there.

How is it he's over rated when pretty much everybody will agree he's only a little above average for a LT? Nobody has argued otherwise. Unless your saying it's wrong that some of us are happy simply to have a slightly above average player at the 2nd hardest position to fill on offense?

Would it be awesome to have a Joe Thomas protecting ARods blind side or even just a borderline pro bowler? Hell yes. Those guys are few and far between though so I'll be content with even just a solid option there.

An upgrade would be nice yes but on a list of pressing needs it's down on the list and the only real hope of finding a stud LT is by burning 1st or a 2nd round pick on one otherwise your hoping for a mid to late round guy turns out to be a stud. Possible yes. Likely no. Even a LT the level Bakhtiari is considered a steal relative to his draft position

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's average, average isn't special, average is average. he might even be a tick below average with the luxury of playing on the GB Packers with a very mobile qb and 3 interior guys to the right of him that are well above average. Is it difficult to fill a position with an "average" person? I don't think it's the 2nd hardest on the team, because average is, well, average and by definition, those guys aren't hard to find.

I for one don't think our LT is way down on the list of pressing needs, besides depth at ILB, I don't think we have "pressing" needs. I think OLB might become one next year and I would welcome a pro bowler at LT, as it would open up our offense even more. as it stands now we have to rely on Rodgers to move, the offense to be called to help those guys out and to take RB's and TE's out of the offensive progression, so they can pick up the slack and when we don't it's often a penalty or Rodgers has to make someone miss.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is it he's over rated when pretty much everybody will agree he's only a little above average for a LT? Nobody has argued otherwise. Unless your saying it's wrong that some of us are happy simply to have a slightly above average player at the 2nd hardest position to fill on offense?

Would it be awesome to have a Joe Thomas protecting ARods blind side or even just a borderline pro bowler? Hell yes. Those guys are few and far between though so I'll be content with even just a solid option there.

An upgrade would be nice yes but on a list of pressing needs it's down on the list and the only real hope of finding a stud LT is by burning 1st or a 2nd round pick on one otherwise your hoping for a mid to late round guy turns out to be a stud. Possible yes. Likely no. Even a LT the level Bakhtiari is considered a steal relative to his draft position

People like him because he came in and played as a rookie and toughed it out in Bulaga's spot. But he's not very good. That is like the definition of overrated. Made that clear I thought.

Said nothing about replacing him. Dunno why you went off on that subject.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Bakhtiari is probably still being affected by the knee injury. But the quality of the opposition last week and Monday has something to do with his play, too. Remember what he looked like at the end of last season when Rodgers was playing on 1 1/2 legs? The entire OL was playing great and he was part of it. Also, he turns 24 years old on Wednesday: He can still get better.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we will struggle with protecting Rodgers. Am I the only one who thinks Bakhtiari has taken a step back? He has too many penalties and every game he is constantly getting beat. Luckily Rodgers is great at moving around the pocket. But I think we are going to rely on RB and TE support to help block.

I'll rather have Bakhtiari blocking Tamba Hali one-on-one and provide Barclay with help in containing Justin Houston.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bakhtiari is probably still being affected by the knee injury. But the quality of the opposition last week and Monday has something to do with his play, too. Remember what he looked like at the end of last season when Rodgers was playing on 1 1/2 legs? The entire OL was playing great and he was part of it. Also, he turns 24 years old on Wednesday: He can still get better.
I agree, I think the knee is still bothering him and add in, it always seems to take the line a couple weeks to get in synch at game speed, I'm hoping his level of play improves. Plus he's young. But, I also don't think he's been all that great either. Lots of penalties, lots of pressures given up, and sacks. Better than a guy named Whitaker, but nowhere close to a Clifton.

Sky King

Reaction score
I think you're 100% correct that his knee is probably affecting his game. We have seen him play at a higher level before, so that's a pretty good indication that something (physical) is amiss. Barring injury, he just seems too young to have hit his peak already, let alone to be in decline. Mondio is also correct about him not yet reaching the level of Chad Clifton. Here's hoping that he can.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
He's only at the start of his second season and he has been playing injured. They guy did a great job starting as a rook. He has so much upside that I believe he is going to continue improving for several seasons. His one knock is he has trouble with the bull rush. With continued strength training I think this will become less of an issue. Great LT's are like great QB's, they are hard to find and it takes more than a season of play to become great.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's another tidbit from the Sidelines show. I'm not endorsing its accuracy but Wilde (or Oates?) said the last time a Kansas City Chief WR caught a TD pass was 2013. Apparently/allegedly they went the entire 2014 season and two games this season without a WR catching a TD pass.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he's average, average isn't special, average is average. he might even be a tick below average with the luxury of playing on the GB Packers with a very mobile qb and 3 interior guys to the right of him that are well above average. Is it difficult to fill a position with an "average" person? I don't think it's the 2nd hardest on the team, because average is, well, average and by definition, those guys aren't hard to find.

I for one don't think our LT is way down on the list of pressing needs, besides depth at ILB, I don't think we have "pressing" needs. I think OLB might become one next year and I would welcome a pro bowler at LT, as it would open up our offense even more. as it stands now we have to rely on Rodgers to move, the offense to be called to help those guys out and to take RB's and TE's out of the offensive progression, so they can pick up the slack and when we don't it's often a penalty or Rodgers has to make someone miss.
The best way to get a Pro-Bowl calibre LT is to have a top 10 draft pick. We'll be drafting 32nd next year so it just probably is not going to happen in the foreseeable future that we will ever have that guy. Our best shot is probably to get Joe Thomas to come here at a hometown discount to try and win a ring.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, Burnett, Lacy, Neal, Richardson and Ripkowski all questionable for Monday's game vs. Chiefs.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Goodson has been ruled out.

Burnett injured his calf AGAIN? Or retweaked during practice this week or what? He looked good last game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like that he's out again. He's not a flash guy, but he's very important out there, especially against the run

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another tidbit from the Sidelines show. I'm not endorsing its accuracy but Wilde (or Oates?) said the last time a Kansas City Chief WR caught a TD pass was 2013. Apparently/allegedly they went the entire 2014 season and two games this season without a WR catching a TD pass.
True

D

Deleted member 6794

He's only at the start of his second season and he has been playing injured.

Bakhtiari is in his third season right now.

Dwayne Bowe currently is the last wide receiver to catch a TD pass for the Chiefs, doing it in week 14 of the 2013 season vs. Washington. They set an NFL record last week going 21 games without a TD reception by a WR.

Burnett injured his calf AGAIN? Or retweaked during practice this week or what? He looked good last game.

Burnett aggravated the injury during Friday´s practice. The Packers ruled him out for tonight´s game on Sunday.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bakh has generally graded out well in pass pro, above average at the position by FO and PFF, run blocking is where he's struggled for the most part. As a whole he's been a pretty good fit for our pass heavy offense and his weakness in run blocking can be covered by the play of our superb interior OL.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's an ESPN commercial on today showing an empty Green Bay on game day, with an "Owners Meeting In Progress" message followed by Packers fans dancing and cheering in the stands during a game. Chiefs/Packers - tonight at 8:30pmET

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari is in his third season right now.

Dwayne Bowe currently is the last wide receiver to catch a TD pass for the Chiefs, doing it in week 14 of the 2013 season vs. Washington. They set an NFL record last week going 21 games without a TD reception by a WR.

Burnett aggravated the injury during Friday´s practice. The Packers ruled him out for tonight´s game on Sunday.

Curse of Dwayne Bowe?

Members online

Latest posts