Official Pack vs Chiefs

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope they have figured out how to beat the bump and run defenense that has plagued the offense several times.
I don't think the Chiefs d-backs have perfected the grab and hold techniques of Seattle. Has anyone?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see how their defense outside of Justin Houston is any good either. Peyton Manning who couldn't even score a TD on a bad Ravens team looked just fine against them with less weapons than Rodgers has. They are coming off a deflating loss and have no confidence. They have to play a turnover free game to beat us and I say they won't.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I don't see how their defense outside of Justin Houston is any good either. Peyton Manning who couldn't even score a TD on a bad Ravens team looked just fine against them with less weapons than Rodgers has. They are coming off a deflating loss and have no confidence. They have to play a turnover free game to beat us and I say they won't.

The Chiefs defense only gave up 17 points to the Broncos while their offense turned the ball over five times resulting in 14 points for Denver. Their defense is a pretty good one and with our tackles struggling in pass protection the unit could give the Packers offense some fits.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jamaal Charles is an outstanding RB. Alex Smith is a mobile QB, the type that can give us problems. Kelce is a fine TE. Reid is a very good coach. Respect your foe.

On fan forums? Come on.

Seriously though I think Charles is better than Lynch and Kelce is as good if not better than Graham. I think Seattle and KC are very similar at the offensive skill positions (not sure about the defense or the lines) but they are a pretty good team. I suspect a similar game to Seattle for the most part but in the end we make it look a bit easier.

And Alex Smith will more than likely throw 1-2 to our defense. Their passing attack isn't that dangerous. Their running game on the other hand IS dangerous with Charles.

I suspect we'll have a similar game plan in as we did vs Seattle.

The question is will our defense catch them?

I don't think KC's passing attack is very far behind Seattle. Like I said, Kelce is as good as Graham and neither team has great WRs. Charles is better than Lynch at catching the ball and as far as pure passing ability I think Smith is at least as good as Willson. Where Wilson has the advantage is his ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Charles is more shifty as a runner, more like Forte than Lynch.

I do agree that we approach this game similar to the way we did Seattle, at least on defense I'm not sure how KCs defense compares to Seattle but I do know we have to be aware of Houston and the way Barclay and Bahktiari looked that could be a problem.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs are one of two teams, not including the Packers, Rodgers has never beaten (the other being Cincinnati). Let's change that.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs defense only gave up 17 points to the Broncos while their offense turned the ball over five times resulting in 14 points for Denver. Their defense is a pretty good one and with our tackles struggling in pass protection the unit could give the Packers offense some fits.

Again that Broncos O couldn't even score on a BAD Ravens team that Oakland scored on at will. That does not make the chiefs D good. And those turnovers are what will doom KC again, and we got more weapons than Denver.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough matchup. The Chiefs are an up and down, but dangerous, team. How well the D plays; how well they handle KC's pass rush (Houston, Hali,etc) and the dual threat of Charles and Kelce are the big issues.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KC's secondary isn't near as good as Seattles. I suspect Rodgers and our WR's go off in this game if Rodgers has time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again that Broncos O couldn't even score on a BAD Ravens team that Oakland scored on at will. That does not make the chiefs D good. And those turnovers are what will doom KC again, and we got more weapons than Denver.

The Broncos, for whatever reason, didn't play to Manning's strengths in the season opener against Baltimore but changed their game plan late in the second quarter against the Chiefs once they fell behind 14-0.

Their front seven is really good and while Rodgers should be able to exploit weaknesses in the secondary, especially going after Gaines and Fleming. The offensive tackles have to improve their performance to give him more time though.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just don't feel a letdown because the players after last Sunday night kept on saying it was only the 2nd game and kept sounding like they were really honed in on taking care of business. Had it been a major game midseason that was in the climax of a bunch of dominant wins we were having, I could probably sense a pretty big letdown, but I feel this team is just getting started on their mission.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*** Interesting Stat of the Day - Chiefs vs Packers ***

3rd Down Conversions
Packers offense: tied for 6th place - 47.6%
Chiefs defense: tied for 6th place - 30.0%

Chiefs offense: 32nd place - 15.0 %
Packers defense: Tied at 30th place - 53.8%

Discuss...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packer Def has shown they can stop a feature rb ...

That is my only concern... I believe we win this game a little bit easier than Seattle. The or passing game is less a threat of Seattle... Their te can be an issue

Our off should have a easier time as well.

Eddy may play some.. But still see Starks going respectful numbers

Pack 30- kc 17

D

Deleted member 6794

3rd Down Conversions

Chiefs offense: 32nd place - 15.0 %
Packers defense: Tied at 25th place - 53.8%

Discuss...
Overall I think two games is a very small sample size to make any significant evaluations because of it. The Packers defense did a good job getting off the field on third down vs. the Seahawks, let's hope they continue that trend on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The Chiefs are one of two teams, not including the Packers, Rodgers has never beaten (the other being Cincinnati). Let's change that.
Thank you for this, I was wondering what teams Rodgers has left. I was thinking one was the Chiefs.

Think the Packers can win this one. Thinking 31 to 17. If Lacy is out wonder if we would see Ripkowski out there more?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get to Alex Smith early and often. Our DB's can cover anyone they have, so blitz, blitz and when in doubt blitz some more.

My prediction: Packers 33 Chiefs 20
Rodgers 22 for 30 - 330 yards 3 td's
My formula for winning:
12x89+2(18+88)+1x44+1=V

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score

3rd Down Conversions

Chiefs offense: 30th place - 53.8%
Packers defense: 32nd place - 15.0%

Discuss...
2 games into the season, those stats don't mean much at this point

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big difference here is that Smith isn't going to avoid the pass rush the way Wilson did. A less mobile guys gets sacked three or four times that game. On the other side, we may have more trouble with shifty and fast backs than big bruisers, so that might make for a long game.

Last year KC didn't throw a single TD to a wideout; has that still been the case this year? Maclin is pretty good, but I'd have to say that we'll probably be able to focus on stopping the run this game. Also, Poe hasn't been that great in the middle recently, so these guys can be run on. Hopefully we can run enough to slow Hali and Houston....

D

Deleted member 6794

Think if Lacy is out, more likely to see Harris be activated and getting a few carries.

I expect Harris to be active as well if Lacy is out, not sure he´ll get any carries though.

Last year KC didn't throw a single TD to a wideout; has that still been the case this year? Maclin is pretty good, but I'd have to say that we'll probably be able to focus on stopping the run this game.

The Chiefs still haven´t thrown a TD to a wide receiver this season and have gone 21 consecutive games without any, setting a new NFL record last week.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts