Official Niners thread

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking that if Bosa is a big problem from the get go; it might not be a bad idea to put in another lineman (so minus one playmaker) and designate him as a TE to help block him. I totally expect Mercedes to be in that role to begin with and maybe some role right for ARod. Then you could keep Turner at the R side. If he is on the L and does well; I will be very surprised.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My expectation going into this game is that the Niners win comfortably. There are certainly paths to a win that are easy to envision, but my expectation is still a loss.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not making any kind of judgement here but certainly there were a lot of "air yards" in those bombs to MVS after the game was in the bag.

You're definitely right about that but Rodgers threw those passes last season as well.

My point being that he wasn't any less aggressive vs. the Lions as in the past but vastly more efficient as against the Saints.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My expectation going into this game is that the Niners win comfortably. There are certainly paths to a win that are easy to envision, but my expectation is still a loss.
I was going to agree with you, but the "thumbs up" is a "like" and I don't like it. Not one stinkin' bit for one lousy second. Normally when I think the Pack are not going to score more points than their opponent, I'll predict that they'll win by 1/2 of one point - but there comes a time when you just have to face the fact that on some game days, they're going to be over-matched. So it is this weekend and I don't believe it's going to be pretty. The Pack will call it a "character builder" tomorrow.

The 9'ers are a very talented team. They got a lot of high first round draft picks when they were already a highly talented team due to huge injuries completely wiping out their seasons, and unfortunately, they're not wiped out YET this season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us getting beat by a late FG. We are going to see 2 High the rest of the season until we find another wr who can be a threat 1 on 1 outside of Adams. Teams are going to basically dare MLF and Rodgers To run the ball and double Adams.

Tonyan is a weapon that’s needs to be used as well. That seam versus 2 man is what they need to attack over and over and over. Tonyan will probably see coverage from Fred Warner but I don’t think Warner can consistently stay with him just like our lbs won’t be able to stay with Kittle.

If defense can stop the run they may force Jimmy G into a few turnovers..but looking at our last couple games against them I fully expect them to run the ball down our throats.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that happened differently on the Lions 1st drive was that they scored quickly. That was a good thing as opposed to spending 9 minutes to score imo. So if the 9rs get the ball first; I think we should play tight coverage. Either get the ball back or let them score faster. And the 49rs would like to spend a long time. It is what they have been doing according to what I have been reading. Ball control. It is just not good for the offense to be sitting on the sidelines for so long.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am certainly going into this game with the expectation that we can play well against a good team. And so I am hopeful for a win.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Ouch. They are decent but I'm not thinking it will be an easy game for either team. If Roger plays like he did last week, it will be a high scoring game as I don't think GB will hold SF to a few TDs either.

I just don't think it's going to be a comfortable win for either team. Still thinkg GB will win it in the end.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Pack will call it a "character builder" tomorrow.

Much like the Badgers yesterday, after the humbling 4th Quarter of nastiness.

I never bet on Packer games, but I'm really tempted to lay some serious money on this game for the 9'ers to cover the spread (3 - 3 1/2). I can't remember the last time I was this negative about the outcome of a Packer game, but a short week, out on the West coast..... 49'ers 34....Packers 21

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A year ago at this time we had three of the best offensive lineman in the game. Bak widely considered the best left tackle, Linsley the best center, and Jenkins at guard. None will be on the field for us tonight.
I picked the Bucs to win the super bowl because nearly Kansas City's entire offensive line was out against one of the premier pass rushing teams in the league.
That's the main reason I'm going with the 49ers tonight in a game that could get ugly for Rodgers and the Packers.
49ers, 31-13.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are hitting the panic button a bit quickly on the OL. As some have correctly pointed out, this is a group made up of 2 rookies and short Bahk. I would have preferred that MLF had given the starting OL some playing time in preseason, but we are going to have to wait a few more weeks before we see progress.
Would have. But those are just the guys to get hurt 8 plays into the preseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Would have. But those are just the guys to get hurt 8 plays into the preseason.
As opposed to 2 games in, after not jelling over those first 2 games? I get that there is a risk of injury in preseason games, but that risk exists in practice as well as real games. I hope some day the Packers reconsider not playing a majority of the starters during the preseason and go back to the way it used to be.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this could also be a good indication of where MLF stands as a coach in year 3. I thought he was badly out coached by Payton in week one. Can he come up with a game plan to overcome the offensive line issues? Can the defense at least be assignment sure in week three?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this could also be a good indication of where MLF stands as a coach in year 3. I thought he was badly out coached by Payton in week one. Can he come up with a game plan to overcome the offensive line issues? Can the defense at least be assignment sure in week three?
The best laid plans of mice and men. I just think when it comes to the men part we are outmanned.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Much like the Badgers yesterday, after the humbling 4th Quarter of nastiness.

I never bet on Packer games, but I'm really tempted to lay some serious money on this game for the 9'ers to cover the spread (3 - 3 1/2). I can't remember the last time I was this negative about the outcome of a Packer game, but a short week, out on the West coast..... 49'ers 34....Packers 21
I say it’s score isn’t that close

Reaction score
NFC N Division Leaders.
I said I don’t care if we win by 1 point. Just Win. This road win buys us valuable time. Plus a little respect

Members online

Latest posts