Official Niners thread

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
elgton jenkins did not practice today. not good news for our already depth-challenged o-line
That is bad news but if he cannot play I would not put Turner over there no matter what. We might as well have one decent OT. Namely him on the R. And Bosa I think comes from our L and so Mercedes will need to help whoever and ARod has to be aware of Bosa all the time. I don't like shortening the width of the field but some roll right might be in order.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defense better get in trench mode for this game. If they can stop the run, this will be a game. If not, back to air coryell. Kelly at LT? Tough call. Need to have a good start to this game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depressing stat i just learned; QBs facing the Packers defense have had the second longest time to hold the ball. Packers haven’t faced mobile qbs that skew that stat either, they’re just AWFUL at rushing the passer. I think Packers win but unless the coaches can figure out how to get some pass rushers on the team until Z gets back, this defense is going to be fairly awful.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garoppolo is a capable QB. He actually reminds me of Goff a bit. A middle tier guy that is going to make enough plays to generate points and offensive efficiency. He can and will make mistakes. The big difference I see between the Packers and 49ers is the defense. The 49ers have a gigantic advantage here. We saw against the Lions that only the Lions stopped themselves. Well, that and the rain. The Packers will need to put up 35 again to win this game and I have a feeling that doesn't happen. 49ers 28 Packers 17
Cannot argue at all. I would go 38-17 Niners. I think they want to run it up on us.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even close. I have to disagree. He held the ball way too long and tried to extend too many plays in week 1. He played totally different in week 2. They attacked the flat and he was decisive with where he was going with the ball. They did attach the middle with Tonyan. He had two nice screen passes and then the TD. He also had at least one pass interference call. I actually think it was two. Again, I can't agree on this point.

This I agree with and pointed out. Rodgers also noted it in the presser. They will get this figured out.

He completed passes to 6 different receivers and was spot on with his shorter passes. He was hitting guys in stride giving them the opportunity to make plays. I'm not going to get into the point of reading defenses. He does it with the best of them.

A well balanced offense is always preferred. I think Rodgers played much better than you're giving him credit for. I have to disagree with you on a few points. Totally agree on the game plan though. It was much better and looked way more MLF's style.
Rodgers will not have nearly as much time to throw this week. Nor will there be the holes in the line for our backs. We have to try and move the chains, avoid false starts and holding penalties, and play good special teams.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defense better get in trench mode for this game. If they can stop the run, this will be a game. If not, back to air coryell. Kelly at LT? Tough call. Need to have a good start to this game.
We would have to load the box. In which case Jimmy will find Kittle in the flat or See no in the slot.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is bad news but if he cannot play I would not put Turner over there no matter what. We might as well have one decent OT. Namely him on the R. And Bosa I think comes from our L and so Mercedes will need to help whoever and ARod has to be aware of Bosa all the time. I don't like shortening the width of the field but some roll right might be in order.
Yes. Boss beats most people at the position. He will destroy Turner. Did Billy replace David in the postseason last year? Didn't he get beat badly.

Reaction score
I hope you are wrong. I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are right that I am wrong about GB not being quite right just yet.

It’s a road game on the west coast and until we can break our curse. This Elgton thing concerns me, but it might actually provoke Rodgers to use the RB more in a short passing game. The best way to calm an over zealous pass rush is having several short reads. Take what they give us. I’d also like to see a planned Rodgers rollout ..go route to MVS
31-27 49ers

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wants a thread titled shout box..So that would be a thread talking aboit real time action.

Along with a thread titled Packers vs ---- talking about the game in real time.

We arent having 2 threads on same thing
I think you will live to regret that… I’m already starting to check out on things in here. They wouldn’t be on the same thing… I completely agree with Pokerbrat… I have absolutely no intention of coming back after the game and reading through these game day threads filled with all the real time nonsense that is the reason I usually avoided the old shoutbox in the first place. I did however like to read the actual game threads before and after the games. drawing a line in the sand as you have is not going to grow this forum … it’s going to make some of us look elsewhere.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you will live to regret that… I’m already starting to check out on things in here. They wouldn’t be on the same thing… I completely agree with Pokerbrat… I have absolutely no intention of coming back after the game and reading through these game day threads filled with all the real time nonsense that is the reason I usually avoided the old shoutbox in the first place. I did however like to read the actual game threads before and after the games. drawing a line in the sand as you have is not going to grow this forum … it’s going to make some of us look elsewhere.
@Shaggy

@swhitset

Explain how a shout box thread will not be the same as a game time thread. So far I cant wrap my head around how they will be diff.. I only see them being the same

7Squared

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a Niners fan perspective.

What scares me about the packers is Jones. I’m afraid he’ll gash us in the run, and catching passes out of the backfield for 7-15 yards.

The last 2 QBs we beat by confusing them. That won’t work with Rodgers, but I do feel we can pressure him with 4.

Our corners are actually really good, despite losing Verette. Our rookie (can’t spell his name) has been a pleasant surprise. And we might get Mosley back from injury.

Our running game is a bit of a concern with all the injuries. But time and time again Shanahan has demonstrated it’s his scheme that’s the star, not so much the player. Losing Mostert’s speed does suck. But we have been using deebo as a runner more often too.

Overall I’d be surprised if you guys win. 49ers 33 Packers 24

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Boss beats most people at the position. He will destroy Turner. Did Billy replace David in the postseason last year? Didn't he get beat badly.
Yes, which is why I don't think you move Turner. It just won't help much and it will make the R side weaker.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Personally I think we`ll win this one as Rodgers is in the shop window and he`d always wanted to be a 49er. He`ll want to impress. JMHO

D

Deleted member 6794

I can't remember the record, but someone mentioned it in a podcast or something. The Packers record in California is amazingly bad in the last several years.

The Packers are a combined 4-6 in California since Rodgers became the starter.

I my opinion, Rodgers played about the same as he did in Week 1. I thought that he played slightly better than okay in that game but LeFleur's playcalling and lack of running game really made Rodgers look bad. Against the Lions, there was much more creativity in the playcalling and reliance on the run game and Jones as a dual threat rushing and receiving. That made Rodgers look better but I still think that this season he is well below his typical level of play. He missed several long passes, threw that terrible throw that should have been an INT but Adams played DB.

Rodgers had a total of five incompletions vs. the Lions. You make it sound like he missed half of his attempts.

When the Packers come up against a defense that puts consistent pressure on Rodgers, his game and the offense seems to get out of whack.

That's true for every offense around the league. The offensive line needs to protect Rodgers and open up holes for the running backs against the Niners for the offense to be successful.

From what I have been reading, SF is running the ball very well. So well, that Garrapolo does not have to throw much (not that he can't).

While the Niners have run the ball a lot (third most attempts behind the Ravens and Texans) they haven't been especially successful doing it, averaging only 3.8 yards a carry (24th in the NFL).

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be another slaughter. Don't get your hopes up. There has been no indication thus far that we will win this game, or even compete.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think we`ll win this one as Rodgers is in the shop window and he`d always wanted to be a 49er. He`ll want to impress. JMHO

I thought this in the playoffs in 2013.

I thought this in the regular season matchup in 2019.

I thought this in the NFCCG later that season.

I'm done taking the cheese.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a total of five incompletions vs. the Lions. You make it sound like he missed half of his attempts.

I didn't mention attempts, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

However, one could argue that LeFleur treated him more like a limited QB in Week 2, having him throw more short passes to the RBs. That definitely helps your completion percentage. Throwing shorter passes makes it seem like he played better, but I don't think that he really did.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I thought this in the playoffs in 2013.

I thought this in the regular season matchup in 2019.

I thought this in the NFCCG later that season.

I'm done taking the cheese.

Ah, but he wasn`t so pissed off with the front office as much then, NOW he wants out.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game could be our best indication yet of where we are and where we're headed. I'm not too confident but not too pessimistic about this one, we really need Jenkins to play.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game could be our best indication yet of where we are and where we're headed. I'm not too confident but not too pessimistic about this one, we really need Jenkins to play.
i'm not going to draw any conclusions if jenkins doesn't play. our offensive line is already a shambles compared to last season. two rookies and guys playing out of position. the o-line is being held together with masking tape and chewing gum.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not going to draw any conclusions if jenkins doesn't play. our offensive line is already a shambles compared to last season. two rookies and guys playing out of position. the o-line is being held together with masking tape and chewing gum.
Well, we knew or should have known that Baktiari would not be here right away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts