Official Niners thread

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you will live to regret that… I’m already starting to check out on things in here. They wouldn’t be on the same thing… I completely agree with Pokerbrat… I have absolutely no intention of coming back after the game and reading through these game day threads filled with all the real time nonsense that is the reason I usually avoided the old shoutbox in the first place. I did however like to read the actual game threads before and after the games. drawing a line in the sand as you have is not going to grow this forum … it’s going to make some of us look elsewhere.

@longtimefan created the shoutbox thread for this game and a before, after thread for the game as well. Seemed to work out. So no need to view the during game thread, as it's now closed in the shoutbox thread and now in this Niners thread.

I understand what you mean now and this should work out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We beat a team tonight that's going to win a lot of football games this year.
If only they had mortgaged their future to trade for a fHOF QB near the end of his career still playing MVP level whose childhood dream was to be their QB. A local kid that they overlooked in the draft when they could have grabbed him and has forever played with a chip on his shoulder to prove them wrong.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Barry used our inside linebackers much better tonight. And it hurt when Barnes had to leave the game. I hope he won't be out too long. Concussion. I would kind of like to see the rookie McDuffie play some.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
That was pretty ridiculous. They looked like a different team out there. One thing that gets me is our special teams. I mean, one return and it ends up costing us a TD right before the half. That is frustrating. The defense looked much improved and the oline stood a decent test even with our top two guys out of the game. I'll comment more on the studs and duds thread. Fun win and thrilling end! GPG!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You truly think "most" will get it?

This will be fun
So how were the results of a game day "shoutbox" thread? Success, failure, wait and see.....???

I was giving some thought to this and maybe instead of a shoutbox, if that creates a security problem, why not just have a "Random Packers and other thoughts" thread. That could take the place of the shoutbox, since it seems the Shoutbox was a place used to post and discuss random thoughts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good game gents. The better team won. We got out-coached and out-schemed. A couple of lucky calls helped us from being throughly spanked. Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks Mate. I think the 9'ers are a QB and some healthy RB's away from being a pretty solid team. I can kind of see why the rumors of wanting to trade for Rodgers were probably true. Jimmy G is not a top 20 QB. Bottom line, if you had Rodgers, that game isn't even close.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how were the results of a game day "shoutbox" thread? Success, failure, wait and see.....???

I was giving some thought to this and maybe instead of a shoutbox, if that creates a security problem, why not just have a "Random Packers and other thoughts" thread. That could take the place of the shoutbox, since it seems the Shoutbox was a place used to post and discuss random thoughts.
personally… I thought it worked fairly well. I participated in that thread at the time of the game , but am glad that the regular game thread isn’t polluted with all of the gametime reactions.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Mate. I think the 9'ers are a QB and some healthy RB's away from being a pretty solid team. I can kind of see why the rumors of wanting to trade for Rodgers were probably true. Jimmy G is not a top 20 QB. Bottom line, if you had Rodgers, that game isn't even close.
I agree… frankly any time Garapolo saw pressure he failed.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree… frankly any time Garapolo saw pressure he failed.

I finally realise I don`t understand this game at all. I honestly can`t see why people think Garopolo is such a bust ?......maybe I`m just stupid. Waiting for the lambardi barb :)

I also like Richard Sherman AND Randy Moss.

Reaction score
Remove King from that post. ;)
Ha. I will not!
Ok Yeah I suppose I digress, he’s a dirty word when surrounded by those names.
I meant that from the angle of..
our depth players played admirably or moreso with focus on the achievement of our bench.
The Win, coupled with giving these young guys live game experience, was a nice plus. We now have tape on these guys and that goes a long ways in their development. It’s also tape against a formidable opponent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts