1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Official Lions SNF Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packers020802, Dec 3, 2012.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +985
    Yea yea ok. But nobody can tell me the defense didn't look horrible those first two drives..also that you were not thinking here we go again geting blasted on Sunday night football.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,959
    Of course defense looked horrible...and I didnt think that we were getting blasted again...I had to see the offense at least play

3. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +616
    At that point in the game, there is no reason to risk field position on that field goal. Not only has Crosby been struggling, he's a coin flip from 50+ in his career.

4. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    I didn't pick against the Packers. I just aired my frustration about that particular situation.

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Most kickers are a coin flip beyond 50.

6. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    I said it before, winning covers a lot of his deficiencies.

In my opinion, he's not a great coach. Call it an overstatement if you want, but that's the way I feel.

7. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    So add that to the fact he's been struggling all year and the field goal decision is not a good one.

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Add to the fact that he's steadily working his way out of his slump and it was early in the game and it was good call... a call most any coach would make.

9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    It's good to be in touch with your feelings. Good for you. But the facts out-weigh your feelings. He wins games and he's not going anywhere. Get over it.

10. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    HyponGrey Its just a "prediction". Many threads on this board elliciting these throughout the season. I've picked the Packers to win FAR more than to lose.
    longtimefan I don't typically see the ones critiquing the criticism in the chat box in there from beginning to end. Or at least don't see active comments from beginning to end of game. Maybe that is why some stay away, so they can yell at their TV instead of in the chat room. Hindsight is 20/20. The Packers deserved to be criticized for certain play and playcalling. Many fans are either life long or stock owners and have a HUGE emotional investment in the game and thus need to verbalize their frustrations.

Gladly there isn't a fan card which states no criticism allowed or some fans would be kicked off the train it seems.

11. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    Fine. In your opinion the kick attempt was the right thing to do. In mine, it wasn't. I prefer the field position.

12. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    I never said "fire McCarthy" so that's great news that "he's not going anywhere". Thanks for being awesome!

13. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    Apparently in this forum you can't criticize anybody. Everybody should just log on, say nice things about everybody and end all of their sentences with a smiley face :)

14. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :barefoot::barefoot:.....:sneaky:.....:cautious:

My sister when she posts to online message boards did just what you mentioned. Ends each of her posts with smilies. It gets kind of annoying.:) Kind of lost the meaning after awhile.

15. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    Just be sure to never say anything bad about anybody :) Never get upset! :inlove: Just be happy! :cool:

16. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,313
    You called him a "bad" coach in this thread and a "terrible" coach in another. It is assumed that most people who consider their coach to be "bad" or "terrible" do not want them to continue to be employed in that position.

17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    You know what they say happens when you assume Adam... :tup:

18. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,313
    So...you think McCarthy is a bad, terrible coach, but you don't think he should be replaced. :confused: Rock on.

19. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    He could stay and just stop calling fullback handoffs on 2nd-and-long and having Crosby kick 50+ yarders... #seemseasy #rockonAdam :eek:

20. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That solution might be too easy for some people :alien:

21. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,313
    I think it's pretty silly logic to say a coach is terrible but then say you never wanted him fired, but that's just me. As far as the decisions themselves, every coach in the NFL has fans who hate their decisions at times. Every one. You're entitled to your opinion though, will just have to agree to disagree.

And IMO, if you're not willing to give your kicker a shot at 3 points from 50 yards most of the time the opportunity presents itself, they probably don't belong on your roster.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I see. So he should get all game day decisions approved by you first. I'll be sure to pass along the memo.

• Old Old x 1
  23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    So you dont see the chat and assume something?

I can bitch about Rodgers not throwing the ball and getting sacked...Talk about why run on 3rd and 10...Ect.....

These quotes are what get me

Score is 7-0 Rodgers fumbles and Lions are about to score

So I dont jump off a bridge like some here when the other team scores and say lets give it a few series before saying they lost or things like that and I am told I am licking Teds ***?

So I avoid it as much as I can because of those childish comments...I dont need that

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +616
    Never said that either.... Keeping being "the coolest guy on the forum" GreenBlood... You are by far the most witty person here... Your family must be proud! :inlove:

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,959
    By your own admissions he is horrible and terrible, but you do not want him fired..Ok...But by terrible you mean 2nd and long handoffs or 50 yard fg att...

The next logical answer is if he didnt do those, he wouldnt be terrible..Since it pisses you off, he must be still doing those so it makes him terrible..

How can he stop doing those stupid plays????? Since it appears he wont...

HE SHOULD get your permission as what to run, then he wouldnt be terrible

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1