1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Vikings - The quest for 9-0

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE DEFENSE. It's the same guys from last year.
    /was worried before this game

• Like Like x 1
  2. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Didn't post one of these last week as I was swamped with homework.

I'd like to start off by saying that this was an immensely fun game to watch and a near-perfect team performance.

- Randall Cobb. Risk/reward with this guy. Love his ability but you cannot drop the ball. With this offense clicking as it is, we frankly don't need anything from the special teams. #1 priority by far on special teams has to be to protect the ball. It's really nice to finally have a threat returning the ball though.

- Jordy Nelson is such a good player. Great body control, strength, and speed. Really a big-time playmaker.

- Aaron Rodgers is without a doubt my favorite Packer ever. I'm a younger fan and wasn't able to fully comprehend Brett at his best. Makes all the throws, has a great swagger to him yet remains humble. Always quick to point out McCarthy's playcalling, the offensive line, and his receivers as reasons they've been so good.

- I'm not sure what the rule is on obscenities on this site but I feel that many will agree that Jared Allen is an ***-clown. Already down by 14 in the 1st quarter, just gave up a 20-yard completion on 4th and 5, and about to give up more points, and he decides it's a good time to **** off after a sack. Then came back with it again down 17. Hate the guy so much. Wasn't doing much celebrating after that however.

- Props to the D for a great game. Guys finally got home on the blitz, the secondary didn't give up anything beyond 15 yards or so, and Matthews finally got those sacks we've been hoping for.

- Bishop continues to make plays and is so underrated even by our own fans. A fantastic pass-rusher, big hitter, and decent in coverage.

- Woodson played like a DPOY tonight. Tons of plays from PBUs, TFLs, and near INTs. Would've been great to see him tie Rod Woodson's pick-six record though.

- Crosby put a bunch of balls out of the end zone, love that.

- Matt Flynn still looks like an NFL starter.

- I don't understand why Grant gets as many meaningful carries as he does in some of these games. Starks runs harder/better and is now a solid pass-catcher/protector. We are able to grind out games a little bit with Starks, which is big.

As a Packer fan, I really hope Leslie Frazier is around for another 2 years. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. The team has all of the same flaws that Childress' teams had like conservative offensive playcalling and misuse of timeouts to name a few.

9-0 feels great and a perfect season would be incredible. However, anything less than a Super Bowl win would be disappointing. Before the season, no way I would have said that but we look so much better than everybody else that it's hard to imagine us losing a game now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    If Rodgers grows his beard back as I think he will, I will have to put up a picture of Bogie with the beard from Treasure of Sierra Madre, that's how much I love our quarterback :)

4. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Haha. Bogart, I thank you for reading my ramblings most weeks.

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    You make good points, worth listening to others.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Well thanks bud.

7. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    1) the vikings are horrible

2) rodgers looked vulnerable at some plays (i.e. held the baller longer than he should).

3) rodgers and his wr corps have INSANE chemistry. Insane...

4) Defense might be gelling, but hard to tell against this inept vikings offense

5) It seems every game i watch of the packers, the WR'S always seem to miss some very catchable passes..

6) Flynn >>>rodgers

8. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    lmao @ this..

HAHAHAHAHA

• Like Like x 3
  9. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    You know I was thinking that too, then I tried watching another game and it seems like their players couldn't catch them either. So I think it is a league wide issue.

But I think the Packers got something this week.

10. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Damn not to bad of a prediction if I may say so myself

• Like Like x 2
  11. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Nothing like a 45-7 win in primetime. We beat Dallas that much last year on Sunday Night too right? Lovely day

12. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    By the way..

Jared Allen after the game says he "hopes the Packers win it all"

Hate the guy, but I hate him because he's such a pain in Rodgers ***. Mad respect.

13. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,172
    I really like Ryan Grant and I know I've picked on Starks before, but in this game it looked like Starks should be the feature back and Grant should be a role player.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Loran

Loran Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Great win. Sweeping the Vikings two years in a row is sweet.
    Great job by the defense!
    Only thing I'll complain about is Rodgers taking those hits.

15. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,172
    I liked what Jennings had to say after the game. They are just focused on the next game. The next game is the big one to them. Sure 16-0 crosses their mind. But it doesn't mean anything if you don't take care of business in the next game. What a great attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express SKOL VIKINGS!

Ratings:
    +65
    Congratulations to the Packers and their devoted fans! The game was not as entertaining as I would have liked (I'm sure you understand since I am a Vikings fan lol) and unfortunately it wasn't injury free. Just thankful that there were no kicks to the nether-regions, or the ripping off of helmets and a bench clearing brawl (Bears suck). Since our season is officially over since we've played and lost to you twice, I'll be cheering the cheese from afar and hoping you guys make 16-0. Hope you, the Lions, or *puking* the Bears bring another Super Bowl championship to the NFC North!

Have fun Packer Fans!

~Val

17. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Just watched that on Packers.com... I got mad love for Jennings too!!! Second best smile on the team!
    *Also noted... the stadium was still fairly packed with fans.. no doubt chanting (LOUDLY) 'GO PACK GOOOOO!"

18. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Would like to see the vikes beat the lions and dabears.

19. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +92
    Very classy, Val. Best of luck to you and your team, especially when playing the Bears and Lions.

Jim

20. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +248
    True, but with one team you expect those kind of things and with the better team you don't.